Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About them vegans lads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Meat eaters don't care about animals, as simple as that. It is gratuitous slaughter and to claim to care about the welfare of animals whilst being a meat eater is hypocritical. I have no problem with people who eat meat and accept this, those that don't accept it are the ones for which I have no time for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

There’s no point in having a discussion if you are involved. Can we not just start a thread for you where you can always be right about absolutely everything and you can edit and tailor every one of your posts till the cows come home?

And yet here you are again making directed personal style comment but discussing nothing lol. You've lost all credibility tbh with regards to any discussion. But I'll give it certainly that's consistency ...

I'm I'm more happy to discuss any topic Thelonius - but you know that. Discussion isn't about 'right' or wrong as you appear to think - it's about playing the ball and exchanging views and opinions. But you dont like that - why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Meat eaters don't care about animals, as simple as that. It is gratuitous slaughter and to claim to care about the welfare of animals whilst being a meat eater is hypocritical. I have no problem with people who eat meat and accept this, those that don't accept it are the ones for which I have no time for.

It's just a case of cognitive dissonance. A friend of mine has horses and other pets that she's absolutely in love with and tries not to eat too much meat but she still will sometimes as the distance between you and some meat in a sandwich just makes it so easy to forget about what you're eating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Do people care about the environment more than they care about people?

There's a drive to cut down on meat and the end goal is to go with no meat, there's vegan alternatives such as beyond burger now too....

Great that it's good for the environment but how about the thousands of farmers put out of work? What happens with them?

Why don't we just prevent our population from growing anymore, that would be a better idea to save the environment and that way no one's livelihood is taken away from them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

How can you say this when every single vegan thread becomes the Gozunda show?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the irony there

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    And yet here you are again making directed personal style comment but discussing nothing lol. You've lost all credibility tbh with regards to any discussion. But I'll give it certainly that's consistency ...

I'm I'm more happy to discuss any topic Thelonius - but you know that. Discussion isn't about 'right' or wrong as you appear to think - it's about playing the ball and exchanging views and opinions. But you dont like that - why is that?

Your posting style is the most insufferable I've ever encountered on the internet. You always have to be right, you say things like "Presume much??" and "de farmer barstewards" and you go back and edit every single post, and lest we forget the constant passive aggressive smileys.
    I don't even know what you're on about half the time so if I see your name in a thread I can't get involved because it's just too irritating seeing you going on and on and on and on and on...
    I'm sure you'll report half of us in this thread to the mods too because you seem like that kind of bloke. Have a nice day.

environment but how about the thousands of farmers put out of work? What happens with them?

Nothing will happen them the beef industry is growing and growing in Ireland so don't worry.
    If they wanted a change of career I'm sure there are other things they could do to try and make some money off the land.

If you knew how much farmers spent going to vets to look after their stock, you'd soon change your tune.

It's far better for a farmer to treat their stock well and kill them than some assholes having pets that are left inside a house all day barking.

Animals are killed for food all the time, and the thing is, it's what happens in nature!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the irony there

I really hope he is a paid shill. The idea of someone spending that much time and working themselves up into such a flap over such a benign mundane thing for free makes me sad.

I was simply commenting on the fact that anytime there is even a remote opportunity to poke at veggies/vegans, you are the first one in. Like a fly on sh*te.You are of course free to comment and hold anything you want up to scrutiny but you must be sick of doing it on this topic. I know most of us are sick of seeing it again and again.

Bullcrap. "Fly on ****e" right back at you. Show me where there is fun 'poked'. That is the type of passive aggressive crap constantly peddled. As I said above - once you've made it personal- you've already lost the argument and integrity.

Why the fook would farmers and those who are not screaming veggies stand up against the usual crap and misinformation been peddled as gospel. Or is it that only some should have freedom of expression. Why is that?

I comment on farming and food related threads because that is an area I have expertise in / an interest and you have a problem with that....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm convinced there are a few posters on here who are paid to push the farming agenda and criticise vegans at any opportunity.

They'd want to get some coaching in how to do this successfully then - some of them are so obnoxious that they'd turn you vegan out of pure irritation.

Tillage is one, which might be too much of a revelation for Gerry.

1. Not all land is suitable. Maybe in your vast flat, 100 acre fields in leinster but not in the rocky, wet, hilly land of the west/south/northwest.

2. If the money was as good as beef etc. why wouldn't farmers go for it now? So you're happy with having farmers lose a good chunk of their livelihood then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Bullcrap. "Fly on ****e" right back at you. Show me where there is fun 'poked'. That is the type of passive aggressive crap constantly peddled. As I said above - once you've made it personal- you've already lost the argument and integrity.

Why the fook would farmers and those who are not screaming veggies stand up against the usual crap and misinformation been peddled as gospel. Or is it that only some should have freedom of expression. Why is that?

I content on farming and food related threads because that is an area I have expertise in and you have a problem with that....

Where's my smiley? Have you gone too far down the rabbit hole to even bother with them now? I'm worried for you and those around you.

I really hope he is a paid shill. The idea of someone spending that much time and working themselves up into such a flap over such a benign mundane thing for free makes me sad.

And the plant advocates shrill monthly stipend must just have been paid because fook me there out in force today :pac:

Imagine getting so worked up by the fact about someones else comments- seriously eh that some lose their fillies ? Yup that makes me sad too.

2. If the money was as good as beef etc. why wouldn't farmers go for it now? So you're happy with having farmers lose a good chunk of their livelihood then?

If it is deemed the amount of beef farming needs to be reduced in Ireland for the sake of the environment than yes some of them are going to suffer of course. Same with coal mining and other industries in the past that had to go.
    But as I said, no one is ever going to tell farmers they can't have cattle so this is not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

And the plant advocates shrill monthly stipend must just have been paid because fook me there out in force today :pac:

Imagine getting so worked up by the fact about someones else comments- seriously eh that some lose their fillies ? Yup that makes me sad too.

Does that include me? I have been perfectly calm, more than can be said for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Lads if any of you's got beef you can put it on a plate near me ... delicious

Your posting style is the most insufferable I've ever encountered on the internet. You always have to be right, you say things like "Presume much??" and "de farmer barstewards" and you go back and edit every single post, and lest we forget the constant passive aggressive smileys.
    I don't even know what you're on about half the time so if I see your name in a thread I can't get involved because it's just too irritating seeing you going on and on and on and on and on...
    I'm sure you'll report half of us in this thread to the mods too because you seem like that kind of bloke. Have a nice day.

Thelonious thanks for putting it in words. Most certainly

Your posting style is the most insufferable I've ever encountered on the internet.

The level of attention is truly staggering tbh. You make personal comments practically everytime I reply anywhere.

If you dont like me posting tough. If you're not going to have a piss get off the pot - then use your ignore button and stop derailing yet another thread with your personal likes and dislikes. As you said insufferable ...

The fact that people are noticing the weird angry crusade you're on doesn't mean they're worked up, you know. Brought a smile to my face seeing your name by the thread in fact, so much in the world today is uncertain. What's going to happen with Brexit? Will Trump nuke us on accident? The fcuk am I going to watch now Game of Thrones is over? But there remains one certainty, if someone mentions vegans on boards.ie good old Gozunda will be ranting and raving away in it like a lunatic.

Go outside and pet a cow or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

The fact that people are noticing the weird angry crusade you're on doesn't mean they're worked up, you know. Brought a smile to my face seeing your name by the thread in fact, so much in the world today is uncertain. What's going to happen with Brexit? Will Trump nuke us on accident? The fcuk am I going to watch now Game of Thrones is over? But there remains one certainty, if someone mentions vegans on boards.ie good old Gozunda will be ranting and raving away in it like a lunatic.

Go outside and pet a cow or something.

It's just a little piece of certainty in a world of chaos :)

• Advertisement

The level of stalking is truly staggering tbh. You make personal comments practically everytime I reply anywhere..

lol, coming from the man who sends unsolicited PMs to multiple posters. The fact is, any discussion on a couple of subjects I'm interested in just turns into a thread about you, so you're bloody hard to avoid. I honestly think you might be some kind of wind up.

I thought everyone just watched Chernobyl?...

It's amazing apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Generally I hear meat eaters give out about vegans way more than vice versa. Some people are weirdly obsessed with them.

One of them even send private messages complaining.

The fact that people are noticing the weird angry crusade you're on doesn't mean they're worked up, you know. Brought a smile to my face seeing your name by the thread in fact, so much in the world today is uncertain. What's going to happen with Brexit? Will Trump nuke us on accident? The fcuk am I going to watch now Game of Thrones is over? But there remains one certainty, if someone mentions vegans on boards.ie good old Gozunda will be ranting and raving away in it like a lunatic.Go outside and pet a cow or something.

Why you making the discussion personal? Dont like others commenting on the OP asking whats up with those 'vegan lads'. I think we have an answer - theres no discussion- only attack whether thats farmers, those that dont agree with you or anyone else lol. But anyway why so prickly?

But yeah maybe your right - go hug a cactus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Nope. That's an urban myth tbh. Way more the other way around here. For a bunch that don't eat meat - they are weirdly obsessed with it and spend their time giving out about meat.

Lol

Why you making the discussion personal? Dont like others commenting on the OP asking whats up with ? Why so prickly?

But yeah maybe your right - go hug a cactus :D

Because your personal crusade and the level of anger and nastiness you bring to it is far more interesting than what people do or don't eat. You train wreck every thread lashing out left right and centre, editing your arguments post hoc, wilfully misrepresenting other people and making personal remarks and insinuations and then when you've successfully scuppered any calm discussion and made a show of yourself start acting like the fact that people are noticing your mental behaviour means you've somehow won the argument.

That's pretty fascinating, people eating beetroot burgers is boring.

lol, coming from the man who sends unsolicited PMs to multiple posters. The fact is, any discussion on a couple of subjects I'm interested in just turns into a thread about you, so you're bloody hard to avoid. I honestly think you might be some kind of wind up.

And it's off again. Yup sending PMs asking you to desist on your weird crusade didnt work funnily enough. But hey it was worth a try. I even asked if you fancied me at one stage - because everytime I commented you were all over me like a rash. But hey there you go.No worries though Thelonious - Its just fuking weird at this stage lol...

Hint. If you dont like my posts- use the ignore buttons you are just derailing the thread once again...

To all the other triggered plant advocates. My apologies if you don't like others pointing out the misinformation or discussing the issue at hand.

The thing is this type of ****e is thrown at practically everyone who comments in these threads. Cant or won't discuss the topic? then attack the poster! As said once you've done that you've lost the argument and any integrity in the discussion. But there you go -

As the OP said
    About those vegan lads

What a bunch of opinionated vegetable eaters

;)

And it's off again. Yup sending PMs asking you to desist on your weird crusade didnt work funnily enough. But hey it was worth a try. I even asked if you fancied me at one stage - because everytime I commented you were all over me like a rash. But hey there you go.No worries though Thelonious - Its just fuking weird at this stage lol...

Hint. If you dont like my posts- use the ignore buttons you are just derailing the thread once again...

I’m the one on a weird crusade? Dearie me.

I never found a trainwreck hilarious until this thread steamed over a cliff.

• Advertisement

I never found a trainwreck hilarious until this thread steamed over a cliff.

Have to agree. I seem to have stirred something and became the topic lol. Funny that others dont like others commenting on these topics.

\_(ツ)_/¯

But anyway back to the thread- I do see a backlash against veganism as a lifestyle being pushed by corporate interests. There's a lot of money to be made by multi nationals cornering this market - look at the massive numbers of investors in the highly processed fake food and meat industry. Something to be aware of tbh.

There was a good article on this recently - I'll see if I can find it.

As for this ...
    Because your personal crusade and the level of anger and nastiness you bring to it is far more interesting than what people do or don't eat. You train wreck every thread lashing out left right and centre, editing your arguments post hoc, wilfully misrepresenting other people and making personal remarks and insinuations and then when you've successfully scuppered any calm discussion and made a show of yourself start acting like the fact that people are noticing your mental behaviour means you've somehow won the argument. That's pretty fascinating, people eating beetroot burgers is boring.

Christ you dont half write some absolute bitter drivel. The only "anger" and "nastiness" and vicious "personal" remarks are from your own comments.

Is someone having an opinion and engaging in discussion so offending for you? Tbh that level of delusion needs to be pointed out. I dont care what you eat or even if you are a vegan. But attempting to shut people up because you don't agree with them and referring to mental behaviour is utterly puerile and beneath any contempt. I have no time for that type of sh1t. More of the same ****e from sycophants no doubt ....

Edit. Lol. Lo and behold I spoke to soon - yet more anti farming bs. Hi DB...

Advertisement