Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

zell12 wrote: »
    Eggs vat will be reduced from 0% to 21% :pac:

Oh yeah I’m half asleep here

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Not SuperSavers weekend specific but the current offers on Fruit/veg are excellent. Can highly recommend the Peaches/Nectarines!

https://www.lidl.ie/super-savers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They will be even cheaper next week when lidl reduce the vat early to 21%

Eggs are exempt from VAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Eggs are exempt from VAT

To be pedantic, they are actually zero rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Is it likely that the Super Weekend deals are finished, with the App replacing it?
    I can see why they might do this - the App is more focussed and is getting us idiots hooked on going in more than once a week!
    Also it restricts us to one item per offer - whereas I used to like stocking up to the max on stuff I use all the time like dog food , kitchen roll etc.

On the other hand there will be a lot (over 50%??) who are too technophobic to use the app. Though I must say I've been surprised at how many old farts even older than I am who are looking at their phones and muttering about where to find the one or two items that are not on the special shelf....

• Advertisement

yes it looks like the weekend deals are done, nothing on the app or magazine for this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I dont think ill miss the weekend offers.

Having to be in Lidl on a Saturday at 8am in case a coffee shop etc was ready with a few members of staff to clean out a deal

Or go in and say the half price pizza with a week to get it and plenty on the shelf, plus limited to one per customer/app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Not SuperSavers weekend specific but the current offers on Fruit/veg are excellent. Can highly recommend the Peaches/Nectarines!

https://www.lidl.ie/super-savers

anoyone else find the donut peaches to be a game of russian roulette? They are outrageous when good, but so often disappoint. You keep buying them though because you know how good they can be!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

anoyone else find the donut peaches to be a game of russian roulette? They are outrageous when good, but so often disappoint. You keep buying them though because you know how good they can be!

Taste beautiful, or like a turnip....
    Lifes too short.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

The peaches on offer in my local store are the regular full size peaches (Yellow flesh)

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    I dont think ill miss the weekend offers.

Having to be in Lidl on a Saturday at 8am in case a coffee shop etc was ready with a few members of staff to clean out a deal

Or go in and say the half price pizza with a week to get it and plenty on the shelf, plus limited to one per customer/app

Well that didn't work out

In Clonee today and the ice cream cleaned out of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just to note that Multi seed loaf which has been absent for a couple of months is back in the stores today.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Water John wrote: »
    Just to note that Multi seed loaf which has been absent for a couple of months is back in the stores today.

Are these baked in store and are they tasty?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Cheap Merlot is back, hurrah!
    iXRI3Ro.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

zell12 wrote: »
    Cheap Merlot is back, hurrah!
    iXRI3Ro.png

Is it nice?
    I'm in the market for a few bottles of red!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

hopefully the halfprice offers come back as the app just isn't near as good with only one offer per person

hopefully the halfprice offers come back as the app just isn't near as good with only one offer per person

Prefer the loyalty app myself, better offers and I can go in early doors and avoid the weekend queueing in the rain

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Prefer the loyalty app myself, better offers and I can go in early doors and avoid the weekend queueing in the rain

But you can't stock up/bulk buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Me too

I didn't buy the weekend offers every week but there was something I'd go for at least every 3 weeks. Lots of app offers are the same products but you just get 1.

Course I'm also sore because I was in a lidl today with no reception so I used my card screenshot. The blueberries offer had changed to add pink ladies (AGAIN :rolleyes:) so it deactivated and I discovered later I got charged the full 5.39 instead of 2.69 :mad:

I wouldn’t stock up on fresh produce like pork chops blueberries or cookies tbh
    , I grabbed all the offers twice this week and made a decent saving, the comfort is a good price next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Comfort was 2.29 in Dunnes this week and 20% off with the voucher.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Will be making the most of the merlot as this kind of offer on alcohol will be illegal from next January.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

If you want to stock up on something just use friends or families (who don't want/don't use the app) cards. I stocked up last week :)

The ones where you had no guarantee and had to be in lidl at 755 on a Saturday morning and hope the stock was even in that branch to begin with :confused:

jeffk wrote: »
    The ones where you had no guarantee and had to be in lidl at 755 on a Saturday morning and hope the stock was even in that branch to begin with :confused:

Generally speaking, it was only around Xmas, maybe Easter, that my local Lidl had issues with stock. The offers with tinfoil, toilet paper, dishwasher tablets, olive oil, rapeseed oil and coffee are great - I bulk buy all of those and they last ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

@quakster, just wondering on your comment , is it lidl or all supermarkets, is it a government "initiative"?, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Valyawl wrote: »
    @quakster, just wondering on your comment , is it lidl or all supermarkets, is it a government "initiative"?, thanks
    Govt policy
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30972697.html
    https://www.thejournal.ie/alcohol-laws-january-2021-4950074-Dec2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

12th -13th Sept

Attempt at Weekend Super Savers
    525508.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Water John wrote: »

The Red berry scones are also back!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

IN STORE FROM THURS 17TH - WED 23RD SEPTEMBER

Kitchen roll 2pack €1.29
    Coke zero €1.49 (app shows diet and original included too, website doesn't)
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/weekend-super-savers/c63/w1

Advertisement