Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

There's no package the Raptors can offer the Rockets for Harden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Coneygree wrote: »
    There's no package the Raptors can offer the Rockets for Harden.

The rumour was Harden + PJ Tucker in exchange for Siakam, Norman Powell + Draft Picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Steph with a career high 62 in less than 37mins. As impressive as it was I've seen him play better. I know that may sound strange but it wasn't a particularly close game. What is impressive about it however is he hasn't exactly been on fire this season by his own standards.

Funny how many games in these sequential games are being split isn't it? I know there's lots of psychological reasons for that in theory, but I'm still surprised at how many are actually happening. The Bucks-Heat mini-series being the prime example. Bucks completely blow out the Heat and set NBA record for 3s, then lose a couple of nights later to the same team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Steph with a career high 62 in less than 37mins. As impressive as it was I've seen him play better. I know that may sound strange but it wasn't a particularly close game. What is impressive about it however is he hasn't exactly been on fire this season by his own standards.

I was literally telling my friend a few weeks ago that I expect curry to set or break some records this season.
    I think he finally stopped trying to get Oubre and Wiggins going first and just did his own thing, more of that please, helps having Draymond back also, he may have lost a step but he adds that extra bit of competitiveness and will to do better.

I was literally telling my friend a few weeks ago that I expect curry to set or break some records this season.
    I think he finally stopped trying to get Oubre and Wiggins going first and just did his own thing, more of that please, helps having Draymond back also, he may have lost a step but he adds that extra bit of competitiveness and will to do better.

Yeah it would be interesting to see what he could go for if for example he was chasing a la Booker or Harden. Like he only played just over 36minutes. What could he do if he played 45+, didn't care about the result, was gunning, and the team were setting him up?

I don't think that's his style though to be fair. As great as his individual play is he's more team-oriented than many scorers.

Some choice words between Booker and Paul George the other night. George is clearly a target for trash talkers this year more than ever after multiple “Play Off P” disastrous performances and general shoyte-talking and behaviour. He’s a hard guy to like really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Some choice words between Booker and Paul George the other night. George is clearly a target for trash talkers this year more than ever after multiple “Play Off P” disastrous performances and general shoyte-talking and behaviour. He’s a hard guy to like really.

The whole 'Playoff P' and then Barkley coming at him with 'Call me Championship Chuck' was probably the greatest laugh I had last year. I agree, George is a very hard guy to like. I don't think the Clippers are good enough to win the West either, the Lakers have gotten better while the Clippers quite simply haven't.

A few quick predictions for the season...

MVP : Anthony Davis (I think the Lakers will be careful with Lebron, he has had hardly any break and at 36 they need to keep him fit and ready for the playoffs) KD will also be in contention

ROY: James Wiseman

Winners of West:
    Lakers

Winners of East:
    Nets (Less confident in this. I can see this team team blowing up also. Kyrie is not a good teamate, and a lot will rest on him getting on the same page as Nash and the coaching staff. That being said if they can come together they could legitimately challenge the Lakers) If Philly trade for Harden I would change my pick here to them

NBA Champions:
    Lakers- Too good, unless injury hits AD or LeBron. Schroeder is a very good addition, and with Gasol and Harrell they have gotten even better.

Coach of the Year:
    Monty Williams- I see the Suns being very good, definitely a playoff team and possibly as high as 5 or 6. The addition of CP3 beside Booker makes them very very useful.

Executive of the Year
    Rob Pelinka- Did a superb job to reload this already very strong team. The Cavs never were able to do for LeBron what Pelinka achieved in this past offseason. An excellent retooling, and the Lakers look poised to be even stronger than last year.

6th Man of the Year

Montrezl Harrell- This award is often won by the same guy multiple times. Harrell is in the perfect position, his primary role is to provide offense for when LeBron and AD sit. He will do this no problem.

In short, I can't see past a Lakers repeat (barring injury.)

Jokic had a play last night where he caught the defensive rebound, took a few dribbles and then without breaking stride threw a defence splitting in traffic 40+ foot bunce pass for a dunk. Insane skill level.

• Advertisement

Fultz out for the season with a turn ACL. Very tough in him as he’s just started to play well.

Fultz out for the season with a turn ACL. Very tough in him as he’s just started to play well.

Shockingly unfortunate. He's been absolutely cursed since he came into the league. Nice win for the Knicks last night. I watched most of it, they started very poorly but in typical Thibs fashion they hung around and turned it around in the second half. Probably going to be close ish to a playoff push with Thibs at the helm.

At least Fultz got paid. Awful shame though. When I was watching Cade Cunningham videos on Youtube, Fultz's college highlights popped up as recommended. Jesus Christ he was some prospect. He was still playing very well with the last 12 months, and started the year off strong.

Per Joe Vardon - The Athletic
    "Steve Nash said he does not know why Kyrie Irving won't play tonight against the Sixers, as in, he is unaware of what KI's personal issue is. Nash said he reached out to Kyrie and did not hear back."
    Yeah this is why I hesitated picking the Nets to win the East... Maybe a genuine reason for this, but this seems very 'Kyrie-ey.'

buyer95 wrote: »
    Per Joe Vardon - The Athletic
    "Steve Nash said he does not know why Kyrie Irving won't play tonight against the Sixers, as in, he is unaware of what KI's personal issue is. Nash said he reached out to Kyrie and did not hear back."
    Yeah this is why I hesitated picking the Nets to win the East... Maybe a genuine reason for this, but this seems very 'Kyrie-ey.'

Kyrie acting the bollox again. :rolleyes:

He should of course be fined and suspended for this but he won’t.

Kyrie is like Rodman but without the craic.

• Advertisement

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

What's going on with the raptors so far?

You misspelled 'crack' and left out Madonna

Ikozma wrote: »
    What's going on with the raptors so far?

They'll be alright, still early. By alright I mean top 5 or 6 in the east. Don't think they have another run in them.

and left out Madonna
    And prime Carmen Electra.

• Advertisement

I made an investment in the 76ers earlier so expect the Nets to win by 30+

I made an investment in the 76ers earlier so expect the Nets to win by 30+

What's the line?

They'll be alright, still early. By alright I mean top 5 or 6 in the east. Don't think they have another run in them.

Unless Siakam can remember how to play again and take it to another level I think they could be in trouble. In all honesty they should be probably look at trading Lowry and start the rebuild.

What's the line?

No line, just them to win the championship :pac:

And prime Carmen Electra.

He deserved one of Jordan's scoring titles for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Think the Kyrie thing could be linked to the incidents in Washington. Sort of thing that would send him into a spiralling depression of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Corvo wrote: »
    Think the Kyrie thing could be linked to the incidents in Washington. Sort of thing that would send him into a spiralling depression of some sort.
    Jesus that's a leap.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Jesus that's a leap.

You're right, could be anything with Kyrie :o

My Bulls making steady progress at long last. Defence coming on leaps and bounds.

Played really well tonight with a chance to win it. 12 secs left on clock Bulls possession and timeout, ends up with a poor shot from LaVine - he should have kicked it to Thad Young. But I suppose your best player is always going to take those shots, especially when he's just scored 38.

Patrick Williams playing like a 10 year vet and the bench contributing well.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Warriors throw back tonight, down 22 and end up winning.
    Obviously a lot more impressive without Durant and Klay plus like of iggy and Livingston but damn Curry never gave up tonight and led this team back, it really felt like the atmosphere back in Oracle even if there were no fans, very weird
    A couple of take sways, Oubre is way of the pace, really needs to improve, I would drop him out of that rotation but I think Kerr will give him time.
    Draymond adds so much competitiveness to this team, it just can’t be quantified
    Clippers looked good at the start, PG looked unstoppable but when it came to crunch time,it was a bit of a familiar story
    Iam liking how this Warriors team is progressing, they look to be on the right trajectory

• Advertisement

Second game on the trot for the Lakers that opposing teams centres are having free scoring games (LMA and now Wendell Carter). Early days but I’ll be keeping an eye to see if not resigning Dwight Howard was a mistake.

Of course AD didn’t play at all but worth watching

Second game on the trot for the Lakers that opposing teams centres are having free scoring games (LMA and now Wendell Carter). Early days but I’ll be keeping an eye to see if not resigning Dwight Howard was a mistake.

I watched Howard play a few nights ago and was pretty impressed at his fitness condition and effort. I would of thought after the ring and being under LeBron s watchful eye, he would of taken it easy but he still-looks good

I also realized how god damn big Embild is, holy Christ, Howard looks small next to him

Steady on there. The Lakers won the championship and have had basically no break at all. They are in no hurry and are bedding in half a team with the addition of Schroder, Gasol, Harrell, Mathew's. They are in second gear and will be for most of the season. Watch them still get either the one or two seed. It's folly to read in to one game with less than 10 games played. You do realise that arguably the best defender in the league AD missed the Bulls game? Also playoff LeBron is an entirely different animal to anything we will see for the next 4 months.

Saw a stat that Bradley Beal has scored 40+ points in the last two games and lost both, the last player to do that was........Bradley Beal last season.

It gets worse since last year Beal has scored 40+ points in 12 games. Only one of them was a win.

Steady on there. The Lakers won the championship and have had basically no break at all. They are in no hurry and are bedding in half a team with the addition of Schroder, Gasol, Harrell, Mathew's. They are in second gear and will be for most of the season. Watch them still get either the one or two seed. It's folly to read in to one game with less than 10 games played. You do realise that arguably the best defender in the league AD missed the Bulls game? Also playoff LeBron is an entirely different animal to anything we will see for the next 4 months.

I think he basically said that in his post, chill bro !

Dwight Howard will play point guard tonight.

The 76ers have 7 players.

Strange reply. I mentioned absolutely nothing about seedings, their championship win and I’m sure we are all aware of Le Brons ability to coast in the regular season.

I literally said in my post that AD didn’t play against the Bulls.

Strange reply. I mentioned absolutely nothing about seedings, their championship win and I’m sure we are all aware of Le Brons ability to coast in the regular season.

I literally said in my post that AD didn’t play against the Bulls.

Sorry Corvo, I speed read it. I don't want to come across as a Lakers fan either, I am not. I'd love to see someone else put it up to them and win it. Anyway yeah my bad.

Sorry Corvo, I speed read it. I don't want to come across as a Lakers fan either, I am not. I'd love to see someone else put it up to them and win it. Anyway yeah my bad.

No problem!

I’m not a fan of any of them to be honest, but I’ll watch Lakers a bit just to see Le Bron. Play offs killed me staying up, reckon I knocked off at least 4 years of my life. And I never want to see another Wendy’s ad...ever.

• Advertisement

My Hawks are in trouble after what looked like a very promising start.

La Melo’s first triple double, must try catch that game today.

My Hawks are in trouble after what looked like a very promising start.

Any word on Bogdanovic?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Any word on Bogdanovic?

I've seen no updates. Looked horrible.

Oh man Thomas Bryant has torn his ACL. Was really enjoying watching him.

People talk about how smooth PG and KD play but when he's on form there's nobody in the league I enjoy watching more than Lavine. Insane game again tonight. Like Beal, he should have been an All Star last year.

• Advertisement

15 secs left on the clock, down three to Clippers, LaVine with poor shot selection with 7 seconds left on the clock. Rushed it.

Similar story to what happened against Lakers.

Another great performance though;

LaVine with 45.
    Coby with 13 assists.
    Pat Williams with a season high 17 and matched up well against Kawhi. That's LeBron and Kawhi he has been marking and didn't look anything like a rookie in doing so.

I'm seeing more and more light at the end of that tunnel.

15 secs left on the clock, down three to Clippers, LaVine with poor shot selection with 7 seconds left on the clock. Rushed it.

Similar story to what happened against Lakers.

Another great performance though;

LaVine with 45.
    Coby with 13 assists.
    Pat Williams with career high 17 and matched up well against Kawhi. That's LeBron and Kawhi he has been marking and didn't look anything like a rookie in doing so.

For the first time in yonks it's fun to watch the Bulls.

I really got it wrong about Coby White, I was certain he'd be a bust before he was drafted.

Williams is going to be a star. He's the closest thing to a Kawhi clone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

pjohnson wrote: »
    Any word on Bogdanovic?
    Fractured right knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Bad start for the Nets not helped by missing KD for Covid protocol and now Kyrie going awol. Apparently linked to scenes last week .

However i still think they will make the playoffs easily enough . When they click i think they will have the best offence in the league

Some strange results and an awful lot of blowouts already. This, coupled with the miniseries nature of scheduling will throw up some weird records I feel. And that's before we go into COVID. Part of me wonders if they'll be able to see the whole season and Play Offs out and if cancelling the season is inevitable?

You can't have games with 7 players like we did last week, that's absolutely farcical.

All things being equal I can't see anyone beating the Lakers in the Play Offs. But what happens if LeBron and/or AD test positive or are close contacts for a Game 6 or 7?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement