Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

There is a video of Curry making 105 consecutive 3s from the corner at practice yesterday, it’s pretty god damn impressive, crazy really!
    Highlight of the Warriors season probably....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There is a video of Curry making 105 consecutive 3s from the corner at practice yesterday, it’s pretty god damn impressive, crazy really!
    Highlight of the Warriors season probably....

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1343399880853774338

Damion Lee with a game winning 3 to beat the Bulls, channeling his inner steph curry (he is married to steps sister)
    Pretty poor game between 2 weak teams otherwise

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Whoops, didn’t see your post, exciting finish, let’s hope Warriors can remain some bit relevant, will be a long year I feel though, Draymond should add depth but isn’t the same player as a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

It's gonna be another long season for my Bulls.

Hopefully we'll have Suggs at the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Dinwiddie has partially done his ACL. Ah well it was fun watching this Nets team while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

That's a great shame. I love watching Dinwiddie.

Watched Warriors v Detroit this evening, not the most alluring game for the neutral but not a bad game.

I’ll stake a claim that Wiseman will be a fantastic player for many years in the NBA, he makes rookie mistakes but you can see the talent oozing out of him, he has got serious game for a big man, he gives me that little tingly feeling, he could be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This is a joke, ok?

I wonder did LeBron put in a trade request when Cleveland were 3-0?

:pac:

Watched Warriors v Detroit this evening, not the most alluring game for the neutral but not a bad game.

I’ll stake a claim that Wiseman will be a fantastic player for many years in the NBA, he makes rookie mistakes but you can see the talent oozing out of him, he has got serious game for a big man, he gives me that little tingly feeling, he could be special.

Yeah he looks legit, and he is huge. I don’t think his timeline however will match Curry’s/Klay’s/Draymond’s etc enough to make them contenders again.

• Advertisement

Wiseman looks like he could grow an extra inch or two as well. Could be a real handful in a few years.

Haliburton looks a steal for the Kings, about time they got a bit of good fortune in the draft.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Wiseman looks like he could grow an extra inch or two as well. Could be a real handful in a few years.

Haliburton looks a steal for the Kings, about time they got a bit of good fortune in the draft.

Well to be fair they passed on Klay Thompson and more recently and most unforgivably Luka. So they can’t really say they’ve been unlucky.

Well to be fair they passed on Klay Thompson and more recently and most unforgivably Luka. So they can’t really say they’ve been unlucky.

Luka is scandalous, I’ve listened to Mark Cuban talk about it, they couldn’t believe it

Yes the Hawks!

Yes the Hawks!

I can only assume you’re referring to the alley oop pass off the backboard? Some play alright.

I can only assume you’re referring to the alley oop pass off the backboard? Some okay alright.

Not just Collins doing that and baptising people, but in general, playing some great stuff, especially the younger lads. Reddish and Hunter really have begun to take the leap. The increase in depth has helped a tonne too. Good early signs but it is a long season but finally promising signs.

They’ve been good and better than expected, but early days. Think they’ll make the playoffs based on what I’ve seen so far barring injuries of course, but they play little defence. Their philosophy is clearly “we will score more than you”, which is fine in the regular season, but won’t get very far in the playoffs.

They’ve been good and better than expected, but early days. Think they’ll make the playoffs based on what I’ve seen so far barring injuries of course, but they play little defence. Their philosophy is clearly “we will score more than you”, which is fine in the regular season, but won’t get very far in the playoffs.

Defence up until this season has been very shaky alright. Reddish as a rookie was often matched up with the oppositions top guy but he's shown All Defensive first team potential as has Hunter. All bias aside I don't think too many duos will guard Durant and Kyrie better this season han than Cam and Dre did last night considering Durant is a roll out of bed 30 a night guy still. With Capella back from injury and Dunn to add soon there's much better defence across the team this year. Trae has clearly worked on his defense too which helps considering his load. The rebuild has been very solid and a push for the playoffs is definitely a realistic goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think the Hawks will definitely make play offs.

I've been suprised by how good Pelicans have looked tbh and think Adams has been a great addition.

With Siakam getting fouled out again I wonder if that will accelerate him being traded for Harden?

• Advertisement

There's no package the Raptors can offer the Rockets for Harden.

There's no package the Raptors can offer the Rockets for Harden.

The rumour was Harden + PJ Tucker in exchange for Siakam, Norman Powell + Draft Picks.

Steph with a career high 62 in less than 37mins. As impressive as it was I've seen him play better. I know that may sound strange but it wasn't a particularly close game. What is impressive about it however is he hasn't exactly been on fire this season by his own standards.

Funny how many games in these sequential games are being split isn't it? I know there's lots of psychological reasons for that in theory, but I'm still surprised at how many are actually happening. The Bucks-Heat mini-series being the prime example. Bucks completely blow out the Heat and set NBA record for 3s, then lose a couple of nights later to the same team.

Steph with a career high 62 in less than 37mins. As impressive as it was I've seen him play better. I know that may sound strange but it wasn't a particularly close game. What is impressive about it however is he hasn't exactly been on fire this season by his own standards.

I was literally telling my friend a few weeks ago that I expect curry to set or break some records this season.
    I think he finally stopped trying to get Oubre and Wiggins going first and just did his own thing, more of that please, helps having Draymond back also, he may have lost a step but he adds that extra bit of competitiveness and will to do better.

I was literally telling my friend a few weeks ago that I expect curry to set or break some records this season.
    I think he finally stopped trying to get Oubre and Wiggins going first and just did his own thing, more of that please, helps having Draymond back also, he may have lost a step but he adds that extra bit of competitiveness and will to do better.

Yeah it would be interesting to see what he could go for if for example he was chasing a la Booker or Harden. Like he only played just over 36minutes. What could he do if he played 45+, didn't care about the result, was gunning, and the team were setting him up?

I don't think that's his style though to be fair. As great as his individual play is he's more team-oriented than many scorers.

Some choice words between Booker and Paul George the other night. George is clearly a target for trash talkers this year more than ever after multiple “Play Off P” disastrous performances and general shoyte-talking and behaviour. He’s a hard guy to like really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Some choice words between Booker and Paul George the other night. George is clearly a target for trash talkers this year more than ever after multiple “Play Off P” disastrous performances and general shoyte-talking and behaviour. He’s a hard guy to like really.

The whole 'Playoff P' and then Barkley coming at him with 'Call me Championship Chuck' was probably the greatest laugh I had last year. I agree, George is a very hard guy to like. I don't think the Clippers are good enough to win the West either, the Lakers have gotten better while the Clippers quite simply haven't.

A few quick predictions for the season...

MVP : Anthony Davis (I think the Lakers will be careful with Lebron, he has had hardly any break and at 36 they need to keep him fit and ready for the playoffs) KD will also be in contention

ROY: James Wiseman

Winners of West:
    Lakers

Winners of East:
    Nets (Less confident in this. I can see this team team blowing up also. Kyrie is not a good teamate, and a lot will rest on him getting on the same page as Nash and the coaching staff. That being said if they can come together they could legitimately challenge the Lakers) If Philly trade for Harden I would change my pick here to them

NBA Champions:
    Lakers- Too good, unless injury hits AD or LeBron. Schroeder is a very good addition, and with Gasol and Harrell they have gotten even better.

Coach of the Year:
    Monty Williams- I see the Suns being very good, definitely a playoff team and possibly as high as 5 or 6. The addition of CP3 beside Booker makes them very very useful.

Executive of the Year
    Rob Pelinka- Did a superb job to reload this already very strong team. The Cavs never were able to do for LeBron what Pelinka achieved in this past offseason. An excellent retooling, and the Lakers look poised to be even stronger than last year.

6th Man of the Year

Montrezl Harrell- This award is often won by the same guy multiple times. Harrell is in the perfect position, his primary role is to provide offense for when LeBron and AD sit. He will do this no problem.

In short, I can't see past a Lakers repeat (barring injury.)

Jokic had a play last night where he caught the defensive rebound, took a few dribbles and then without breaking stride threw a defence splitting in traffic 40+ foot bunce pass for a dunk. Insane skill level.

• Advertisement

Fultz out for the season with a turn ACL. Very tough in him as he’s just started to play well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement