Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Fultz out for the season with a turn ACL. Very tough in him as he’s just started to play well.

Shockingly unfortunate. He's been absolutely cursed since he came into the league. Nice win for the Knicks last night. I watched most of it, they started very poorly but in typical Thibs fashion they hung around and turned it around in the second half. Probably going to be close ish to a playoff push with Thibs at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

At least Fultz got paid. Awful shame though. When I was watching Cade Cunningham videos on Youtube, Fultz's college highlights popped up as recommended. Jesus Christ he was some prospect. He was still playing very well with the last 12 months, and started the year off strong.

Per Joe Vardon - The Athletic
    "Steve Nash said he does not know why Kyrie Irving won't play tonight against the Sixers, as in, he is unaware of what KI's personal issue is. Nash said he reached out to Kyrie and did not hear back."
    Yeah this is why I hesitated picking the Nets to win the East... Maybe a genuine reason for this, but this seems very 'Kyrie-ey.'

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

buyer95 wrote: »
    Per Joe Vardon - The Athletic
    "Steve Nash said he does not know why Kyrie Irving won't play tonight against the Sixers, as in, he is unaware of what KI's personal issue is. Nash said he reached out to Kyrie and did not hear back."
    Yeah this is why I hesitated picking the Nets to win the East... Maybe a genuine reason for this, but this seems very 'Kyrie-ey.'

Kyrie acting the bollox again. :rolleyes:

He should of course be fined and suspended for this but he won’t.

Kyrie is like Rodman but without the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Coneygree wrote: »

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

What's going on with the raptors so far?

Coneygree wrote: »

You misspelled 'crack' and left out Madonna

Ikozma wrote: »
    What's going on with the raptors so far?

They'll be alright, still early. By alright I mean top 5 or 6 in the east. Don't think they have another run in them.

and left out Madonna
    And prime Carmen Electra.

• Advertisement

I made an investment in the 76ers earlier so expect the Nets to win by 30+

I made an investment in the 76ers earlier so expect the Nets to win by 30+

What's the line?

They'll be alright, still early. By alright I mean top 5 or 6 in the east. Don't think they have another run in them.

Unless Siakam can remember how to play again and take it to another level I think they could be in trouble. In all honesty they should be probably look at trading Lowry and start the rebuild.

What's the line?

No line, just them to win the championship :pac:

And prime Carmen Electra.

He deserved one of Jordan's scoring titles for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Corvo

Think the Kyrie thing could be linked to the incidents in Washington. Sort of thing that would send him into a spiralling depression of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Corvo wrote: »
    Think the Kyrie thing could be linked to the incidents in Washington. Sort of thing that would send him into a spiralling depression of some sort.
    Jesus that's a leap.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Jesus that's a leap.

You're right, could be anything with Kyrie :o

My Bulls making steady progress at long last. Defence coming on leaps and bounds.

Played really well tonight with a chance to win it. 12 secs left on clock Bulls possession and timeout, ends up with a poor shot from LaVine - he should have kicked it to Thad Young. But I suppose your best player is always going to take those shots, especially when he's just scored 38.

Patrick Williams playing like a 10 year vet and the bench contributing well.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors throw back tonight, down 22 and end up winning.
    Obviously a lot more impressive without Durant and Klay plus like of iggy and Livingston but damn Curry never gave up tonight and led this team back, it really felt like the atmosphere back in Oracle even if there were no fans, very weird
    A couple of take sways, Oubre is way of the pace, really needs to improve, I would drop him out of that rotation but I think Kerr will give him time.
    Draymond adds so much competitiveness to this team, it just can’t be quantified
    Clippers looked good at the start, PG looked unstoppable but when it came to crunch time,it was a bit of a familiar story
    Iam liking how this Warriors team is progressing, they look to be on the right trajectory

• Advertisement

Second game on the trot for the Lakers that opposing teams centres are having free scoring games (LMA and now Wendell Carter). Early days but I’ll be keeping an eye to see if not resigning Dwight Howard was a mistake.

Of course AD didn’t play at all but worth watching

Second game on the trot for the Lakers that opposing teams centres are having free scoring games (LMA and now Wendell Carter). Early days but I’ll be keeping an eye to see if not resigning Dwight Howard was a mistake.

I watched Howard play a few nights ago and was pretty impressed at his fitness condition and effort. I would of thought after the ring and being under LeBron s watchful eye, he would of taken it easy but he still-looks good

I also realized how god damn big Embild is, holy Christ, Howard looks small next to him

Steady on there. The Lakers won the championship and have had basically no break at all. They are in no hurry and are bedding in half a team with the addition of Schroder, Gasol, Harrell, Mathew's. They are in second gear and will be for most of the season. Watch them still get either the one or two seed. It's folly to read in to one game with less than 10 games played. You do realise that arguably the best defender in the league AD missed the Bulls game? Also playoff LeBron is an entirely different animal to anything we will see for the next 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Saw a stat that Bradley Beal has scored 40+ points in the last two games and lost both, the last player to do that was........Bradley Beal last season.

It gets worse since last year Beal has scored 40+ points in 12 games. Only one of them was a win.

Steady on there. The Lakers won the championship and have had basically no break at all. They are in no hurry and are bedding in half a team with the addition of Schroder, Gasol, Harrell, Mathew's. They are in second gear and will be for most of the season. Watch them still get either the one or two seed. It's folly to read in to one game with less than 10 games played. You do realise that arguably the best defender in the league AD missed the Bulls game? Also playoff LeBron is an entirely different animal to anything we will see for the next 4 months.

I think he basically said that in his post, chill bro !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dwight Howard will play point guard tonight.

The 76ers have 7 players.

Strange reply. I mentioned absolutely nothing about seedings, their championship win and I’m sure we are all aware of Le Brons ability to coast in the regular season.

I literally said in my post that AD didn’t play against the Bulls.

Strange reply. I mentioned absolutely nothing about seedings, their championship win and I’m sure we are all aware of Le Brons ability to coast in the regular season.

I literally said in my post that AD didn’t play against the Bulls.

Sorry Corvo, I speed read it. I don't want to come across as a Lakers fan either, I am not. I'd love to see someone else put it up to them and win it. Anyway yeah my bad.

Sorry Corvo, I speed read it. I don't want to come across as a Lakers fan either, I am not. I'd love to see someone else put it up to them and win it. Anyway yeah my bad.

No problem!

I’m not a fan of any of them to be honest, but I’ll watch Lakers a bit just to see Le Bron. Play offs killed me staying up, reckon I knocked off at least 4 years of my life. And I never want to see another Wendy’s ad...ever.

• Advertisement

My Hawks are in trouble after what looked like a very promising start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement