Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Moran,Reape would all be starting.

Not sure both of these are nailed on. Could be either/or at full forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Not sure both of these are nailed on. Could be either/or at full forward.

Does anybody know why Reape was playing for his club instead of being in Kerry?? Working if he's not around this weekend either. Might be on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Does anybody know why Reape was playing for his club instead of being in Kerry?? Working if he's not around this weekend either. Might be on the bench

Dont think he's good enough for this level tbh. Very good Intermediate player but doesn't always work making the jump to county.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Lovely day for a game of football

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

seligehgit wrote: »
    Lovely day for a game of football

According 2 program ....no Andy. Boyle Keegan or Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just seen Higgins and Andy in the stand
    A win is a bonus to Horan is the way it’s being approached which is fair enough

Is this on tv at all?

Is this on tv at all?

No

That’s the best half of league football in Castlebar in years

Not sure how the umpire /ref decided on a yellow for the foul on clarke
    It was a red or nothing
    So a red

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Just seen Higgins and Andy in the stand
    A win is a bonus to Horan is the way it’s being approached which is fair enough

Looks like it wouldn't matter anyway the way things are going in Galway v Tyrone.:(

Galway going very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

Looks like it wouldn't matter anyway the way things are going in Galway v Tyrone.:(

Does that put galway thru to the final, or is it points difference?

Squatman wrote: »
    Does that put galway thru to the final, or is it points difference?

Yep, goes to head to head record if teams are level on points.

Tyrone have closed the gap, so this is still hypothetical.:P

Monaghan are down to 14 men but have scored a goal so both games in the balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yep, goes to head to head record if teams are level on points.

Tyrone have closed the gap, so this is still hypothetical.:P

Tyrone have gone ahead now, 2-9 to 1-11

• Advertisement

Mayo's lead down to 3 points:eek:

Wins for Mayo, Tyrone and Kerry so it's a Mayo v Kerry final.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mayo's lead down to 3 points:eek:

Great win in the end. Croker next:D:D:D.

Some of the football at times we played today was sublime.A real squad performance.

Great to heading to Croker next Sunday.

Should be quiet in here tonight :)
    Nobody cruising in for a stir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Tyrone have gone ahead now, 2-9 to 1-11

Galway fairly blew it. Conceded a penalty and 2 daft goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Never in doubt :D

Good game of football, some lovely scores from both sides. Kev Mc, Boland and Harrison were excellent.

Nothing to fear next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Is it a triple header next week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Is it a triple header next week ?

Double with div 2 final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

cocoman wrote: »
    Double with div 2 final.

What about the hurling final ?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Double with div 2 final.

Is it not a Division one double header in hurling and football?

Never in doubt :D

Good game of football, some lovely scores from both sides. Kev Mc, Boland and Harrison were excellent.

Nothing to fear next week.

Throw Aidan O Shea into the mix too.

His foot passing outside of one stray was exceptional.

A lovely score to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Hurling on Saturday

seligehgit wrote: »
    Throw Aidan O Shea into the mix too.

His foot passing outside of one stray was exceptional.

A lovely score to boot.

He's really leading by example these days. That ball he hit to Coen for the first goal was excellent. Set up the second and hit a fine score himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Great to hear about the win. Hope we really go all out for the title now. I'm sure they'll be up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Great first half. Boland and McLoughlin were top class, Aidan as well. I felt Darren Coen showed well at full forward, won a lot of ball. I think he's worth sticking with.

2nd half was frustrating to watch. We always seem to struggle dealing with having a big lead. Matty Ruane going off was a big moment. Jason Gibbons gave away the ball 3 times when he replaced him.

Hopefully Clarke is okay, but it didn't look good.

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Great first half. Boland and McLoughlin were top class, Aidan as well. I felt Darren Coen showed well at full forward, won a lot of ball. I think he's worth sticking with.

2nd half was frustrating to watch. We always seem to struggle dealing with having a big lead. Matty Ruane going off was a big moment. Jason Gibbons gave away the ball 3 times when he replaced him.

Hopefully Clarke is okay, but it didn't look good.

Delighted for Fergal Boland,he's oft been an easy target with his lack of physicality but he was very involved today most especially in that first half when we struggling for scores.

None of scores were gimmes.

Darren Coen impressed as a target man and is always looking to pull the trigger so to speak.

He's a confidence in his ability.

Jason Gibbons didn't get into the game at all.

Robbie Hennelly's kickouts were outside of his initial one very good.

Hurling final is fixed for 2 next Sunday.

Mayo v Kerry at 16.00.

What happened Clarke?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Delighted with the performance by Mayo! Especially when you think of possible championship starters yet to come into this team. A league final is just what this team needs, win or lose. The experience will benefit the younger members of the panel hugely. Mayo can beat Kerry if they do their homework, keep tight at the back and have the confidence and hunger to get over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

PressRun wrote: »
    What happened Clarke?

I’d like to know as well. Lots of people mentioning it online but no explanation yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mayolad93

Whats a full list of players to come back into Mayo team, anyone have a breakdown please?

Carol25 wrote: »
    Delighted with the performance by Mayo! Especially when you think of possible championship starters yet to come into this team. A league final is just what this team needs, win or lose. The experience will benefit the younger members of the panel hugely. Mayo can beat Kerry if they do their homework, keep tight at the back and have the confidence and hunger to get over the line.

Yes, interesting to hear that a couple of big names didn't play. A great game for younger players to come through.

I'm looking forward to this final. It'll be a very different game to what went on down in Tralee, I'd say. Kerry might have a stronger team for it?

Panrich wrote: »
    I’d like to know as well. Lots of people mentioning it online but no explanation yet.

Didn't get a great view but he was at stretch catching a ball that was hit into the square and got clattered. Monaghan player ended up getting a yellow and Clarke was taken off. Hopefully it's not serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Double with div 2 final.

My bad. Division 1 Football Final confirmed for Sunday at 4pm. Will be preceded by a hurley stick ball game between two counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Delighted to see Mayo get there today. Love a good Kerry v Mayo battle in croker. Looking forward to it.

mayolad93 wrote: »
    Whats a full list of players to come back into Mayo team, anyone have a breakdown please?

Other than COC I'm not sure there are any currently unavailable players guaranteed to walk back into the team. .

Didn't get a great view but he was at stretch catching a ball that was hit into the square and got clattered. Monaghan player ended up getting a yellow and Clarke was taken off. Hopefully it's not serious.

David Clarke appeared to be caught late by Darren Hughes after he caught a dropping effort from Conor McManus.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

What happened Clarke?

Apparently he was out on the pitch after the game which is a good sign. My first thought was that he dislocated his shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Match at 4 will there be special trains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

seemed ok going off on the trolley , not holding any in particular. Might been a head injury, the physio was signalling pretty quick for a sub to be made. i thought he got a knee in the back but maybe he was caught in the face.

some great long range scores today , nice to see rather than the usual handpass it to death trying to get closer to goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Kerry might have a stronger team for it?

Perhaps but I wouldn't fear them one bit, this is a superb opportunity to grab some national silverware

Two super wins in a row now, hopefully we can truly consign that Dublin debacle to just a horrible one off performance. In fairness the Galway game was desperate conditions.

irishgeo wrote: »
    seemed ok going off on the trolley , not holding any in particular. Might been a head injury, the physio was signalling pretty quick for a sub to be made. i thought he got a knee in the back but maybe he was caught in the face.

some great long range scores today , nice to see rather than the usual handpass it to death trying to get closer to goal.

It happened in line with me
    He was caught with forearm/elbow
    Expect he is concussed
    Not quite sure how the ref/umpires decided it was yellow not red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

It happened in line with me
    He was caught with forearm/elbow
    Expect he is concussed
    Not quite sure how the ref/umpires decided it was yellow not red

think the red he did issue was soft, might be trying to make up for the mistake on the Clarke incident.

irishgeo wrote: »
    think the red he did issue was soft, might be trying to make up for the mistake on the Clarke incident.

Id have given them the opposite way around as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Id have given them the opposite way around as well

The red given was directly in front of me, and in my opinion it was a blatant quick elbow in the head as they went for the ball.
    It was quick as lightening when he did it, but it was definitely done with bad intent. And the 2 Monaghan supporters beside us thought the same.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement