Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Just backed this yesterday, €32 for alpha and beta access. Looking forward to the Dogfight Module

How did you manage that? Cheapest option I can see for Alpha and Beta access is $65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

3wayswitch wrote: »
    How did you manage that? Cheapest option I can see for Alpha and Beta access is $65.

Think this is correct. The 'Digital Bounty Hunter' pack gives you access to alpha and Beta, do not think 'Digital Scout' gives you that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Star Citizen just passed $19,000,000 :)

Here's the latest Wingman's Hangar episode if anyone missed it;

Here's one of the cool vids from user Pearl mentioned in Wingman's Hangar;

You can check out the rest of Pearl's Sandbox Ships here - http://www.youtube.com/user/AnythingFPS

The next $20 million stretch goal will include first person combat on select lawless planets.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Raised another 500k in a week, some 179k in a day after a new (previously available) ship was made available on the pledge store again.

Newest Wingman's Hangar -

Also an explanation of when the official stretch goals end (spolier :
    23million
    ) - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13266-Letter-From-The-Chairman-19-Million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I'm a backer.

I don't know why, I wasn't a fan of the wing commander games and I wasn't a fan of freelancer. Chris Roberts has passion and a little bit of an ego to match which meh, I don't love or loathe it. In my opinion this game is going to hit big or bomb spectacularly. I wouldn't wish a ****ty game on anyone so I hope he takes my little bit of money and does well with it.

The forums and chat seem to be a nice community, I hope that continues.

• Advertisement

Well....

did anyone resist the urge, or did you splash out on the pirate Cat ship that was on limited sale?

WhooHoo, Star Citizen just reached $20,000,000
    Fantastic achievement for all you space sims fans out there. :D
    did anyone resist the urge, or did you splash out on the pirate Cat ship that was on limited sale?

Yes, I resisted, I was tempted..... but I think it'll be more fun to earn them in-game anyway.
    However, I am tempted to upgrade to the business hangar though for €16.
    I find the starting hangar is way too dark.

Moon54 wrote: »
    WhooHoo, Star Citizen just reached $20,000,000
    Fantastic achievement for all you space sims fans out there. :D

Yes, I resisted, I was tempted..... but I think it'll be more fun to earn them in-game anyway.
    However, I am tempted to upgrade to the business hangar though for €16.
    I find the starting hangar is way too dark.

I got the Deluxe Hanger with my Connie, very happy with that ship :)

Hanger is nice too

Will be honest though, if the Starfarer comes on sale again or gladiator, I feel my wallet may empty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Iv been following this for a while now and I think im gonna buy the Rear Admiral package and start up my own group should be alot of fun.

Latest episode of Wingman's Hangar is up, check it out;

The character live-driving tech with webcams looks pretty cool :)

• Advertisement

Live Stream next Thursday (night for us around 11pm) for an hour and a half to celebrate the anniversary. 10/10

Possible sales/new ship brochures etc. Almost at the 21 mil mark also!

New Wingman's Hangar from yesterday also -

yes, my wallet is going to suffer next weekend :(

Yeah, going to be a lot of fun :)

Some ship sales would nice.
    I'm considering getting the Freelancer atm as it's a exploration/transport type ship.

Miscfreelancer.jpg

Also, as an added plus, it would bump me up to Business hangar if I got that.
    So a Freelancer sale is what I'm hoping for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

How much are people spending on this? Some of the ships are well into the hundreds of dollars. I spend $60 and I think I'm out of my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I think I got the option for about €35 back a while ago.

I assume you can buy other types of craft in game, simlar to X3?

I'm about the same, I got the starter Aurora, digital map and something else, that was about 8 months ago.

With funding at nearly $21 million now, Star Citizen is pretty well funded, but I'm thinking long-term with this game.
    It's just I'm growing tired of the cookie-cutter game-play from new release games these days.

@Dave, yes everything will be available for purchase with earned in-game UEC credits,
    so it's not really necessary to get extra ships or items now.
    Any extra funding is just going to hopefully help the devs to make it an even better game.

Yeah I bought the connie, maybe out of my mind, may melt it down for a starfarer though.......would love an Idris :P

I just broke into the High Admiral mark in terms of pledge value.

R0ot wrote: »
    I just broke into the High Admiral mark in terms of pledge value.

expensive ;)

Roll on Thursday night!!!

If an Idris went for the right price..........

....and we just passed $21 million mark :)
    http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13305-Letter-From-The-Chairman-21-Million

"At the $21 million, you unlock the full salvage mechanic"

"Salvage Mechanic: Salvage isn’t an aside: it’s a career, with its own mechanic, story tie-ins and universe-shaping endgames. Search the galaxy for a host of valuable and interesting secrets using both the flight and FPS components. Discover the secrets of the ancient Hadesians, locate valuable components and cargo… or go down in history the first to make contact an entirely new alien race!"

Cool stuff, this really suits my play-style!

• Advertisement

Here is the YouTube link for the the CitizenCon Live Event tonight, starts at approx midnight !!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8HvfFCysYU

Citizencon_thumb_2.jpg

:)

I'm awake I've liquefied my hangar and I'm waiting!

Coffee... check
    Munchies... check

Ready and waiting, Admiral, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Hopefully they don't pull an Icarus on this one, and bite too much off. I'd much rather a quality space combat/trading sim than a mediocre attempt with too many bells and whistles (FPS combat, as an example) tacked on because they got loads of money and had to justify it somehow. Just make the core game as damn near perfect as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This looks interesting...

I've rarely had any interest in "space" stuff in games, mates always trying to get me to move from WoW to Eve. Will give this some looks when I get home from work

So far I have resisted everything

The Tali looks very overpriced and not sure if the Glad would be worth it

anyone buy anything?

So far I have resisted everything

The Tali looks very overpriced and not sure if the Glad would be worth it

anyone buy anything?

I liquidated a lot of the ships I already had to pickup the limited stuff from this weekend. My current ships are -
    Constellation (Rear Admiral Package), Avenger, Retaliator, Gladiator, Aurora LN x2)

I liquidated a lot of the ships I already had to pickup the limited stuff from this weekend. My current ships are -
    Constellation (Rear Admiral Package), Avenger, Retaliator, Gladiator, Aurora LN x2)

Wow!!! How much have you spent??

Wow!!! How much have you spent??

No comment. :pac:

• Advertisement

No comment. :pac:

Do not let your better half ever find out....

Advertisement