Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The black lives matter movement has shown me that racism is thought.

https://twitter.com/AskQanon/status/1273302612008415232

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

These people are insane lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/howtopless/status/1272919623189463040

Beethoven was black? According to another tweeter "Every famous historical person was black or queer"

This is lunacy. Apparently Shakespeare couldn't write and copied some black person too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Black Lives Matter activist Oluwatoyin Salau found dead June 14th. 49-year-old suspect Aaron Glee Jr. (not a white cop), has been arrested. The other victim in the double murder by Glee was a 75-year-old Victoria Sims who was an activist just like Salau.

missing-19-year-old-nigerian-protester-oluwatoyin-salau-found-dead-after-tweeting-about-her-sexual-assault-in-us-photos.jpg

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/502786-missing-black-lives-matter-protester-oluwatoyin-salau-among-pair-of-women-found

No wonder that flew under the radar. Didn't fit the narrative.

Kilboor wrote: »
    These people are insane lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/howtopless/status/1272919623189463040

Beethoven was black? According to another tweeter "Every famous historical person was black or queer"

This is lunacy. Apparently Shakespeare couldn't write and copied some black person too.

That's the goal. To write us out of our own history. BBC has being doing it already. Presenting Royals and other prominent figure heads as Blacks and ancient Britain as multiracial as the present day.

Its only a matter of time until RTE and like start that here.

Is the jersey name thing voluntary for the footballers?

Any footballer brave enough to stand up against this will be branded a racist and be hounded by leftists.

I can't wait until the KKK jerseys go on. BLM is as much of a hate group as the KKK is.

We didn't hear about this a week ago.

Ea7KfgfXkAA1zNq?format=jpg&name=large
    img
    Ea7KfgmWoAEn-Ua?format=jpg&name=900x900
    img

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

We didn't hear about this a week ago.
    If somebody does a mass murder - just call him "white", regardless of his race.
    This will be politically correct

This is disgusting. After all of the videos taken from new york tonight showing police not responding and driving by areas with this kind of activity

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1275214032668995584

• Advertisement

even better hahaha why didn't I spot this :D:D

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/1271122686165516288

If they take responsibility, arrest them!

Problem solved!

In all, 102 people were shot across Chicago from Friday evening to Monday morning — the highest number of shooting victims in a single weekend this year, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

14 people were killed, amongst them children;
    • 3 y/o boy was shot in a car with his father who was the intended target
    • 13 y/o girl shot in the neck while watching TV in her home
    • 15 y/o boy shot in his leg, chest and abdomen walking home.

https://www.kmov.com/news/14-killed-102-shot-in-violent-fathers-day-weekend-in-chicago/article_23de3849-b5b7-5480-82b0-966bf096395a.html

rPvLwgTC?format=jpg&name=small
    img

A video that was doing the rounds last week shows the white Macy's employee being battered by a black man for allegedly calling him the n-word in the middle of Macy's. So now it's acceptable to beat the fcuk out of someone and claim I have been insulted and break the law? A completely unprovoked attack.

Look at the intensity of the response and the "punishment" is disproportionate to the alleged offense. Its a massive coincidence that the response was filmed by his brother in such a timely, uninterrupted orderly manner? The pair of them fled the scene. Probably were afraid for their lives......

Source

Irami Osei-Frampong, a University of Georgia graduate student and Far Left UGA Teaching Assistant on Black Lives Matter Movement, has stated that “Some White People May Have to Die for Black Communities to Be Made Whole” – and he’s confused as to why his words are so controversial. Another statement of his "Fighting white people is a skill." seemed to act as the match to spark the fire. No doubt if this was a member of staff at a university who did this they would be sacked.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/white-people-may-die-black-communities-made-whole-far-left-uga-teaching-assistant-black-lives-matter-movement/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

iamstop wrote: »
    2. The oppressors decided that this hashtag would gather too much momentum and decided they needed to water it down and dilute it with 'alllivesmatter' to protect the racist system that they benefit from. And to some degree it's working (COINTELPRO).

Imagine believing this sh!te.
    You are being manipulated into diluting a movement that's main goal is end police brutality.

The BLM Uk goals are to have some communist overthrow of the state. Let's call it out for what it is. They don't hide, why should you be manipulated into lying on their behalf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

literal self flagellation, wow

Probably just make up I'd imagine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Probably just make up I'd imagine..

oh, yeah probably.

still ridiculous

oh, yeah probably.

still ridiculous

Yeah..

Dopes..

A Gucci employee at the shop located on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue (working there for 14 years) was requested to leave after she refused to 'take the knee' in honour of George Floyd

Translate into English:

https://www.facebook.com/markginzburg.personal/posts/769067353898122

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Morans

You leave the fine Moran name outta this! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

All lives matter,whether your white,brown,black or yellow.To section off a certain color or race,is in itself racist.All this bull**** of oppression,if you go back in history of all nations.You will see all colors were oppressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,173 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All lives matter,whether your white,brown,black or yellow.To section off a certain color or race,is in itself racist.All this bull**** of oppression,if you go back in history of all nations.You will see all colors were oppressed.

When were whites oppressed in western civilization?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Overheal wrote: »

Eh Jews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Eh The Baltics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Eh Jews?

Jews don't count as white...

Irish either,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is that a serious question? Jesus wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Are you seriously asking that question on an Irish website? A 5 year old could answer that question for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Akesh wrote: »
    Are you seriously asking that question on an Irish website? A 5 year old could answer that question for you.

They were oppressed for been Irish, not for been White.

I think the poster meant oppressed for being white. There is a distinction.

Is that a serious question? Jesus wept

And Jesus wasn’t white

• Advertisement

joe40 wrote: »
    They were oppressed for been Irish, not for been White.

I think the poster meant oppressed for being white. There is a distinction.

Oppression is oppression. Being oppressed for your skin colour doesn't place you higher on the pedestal than someone being oppressed for their ethnicity.

Oh, that makes it ok so! White people aren't all the same, you do realise that?

Warped logic.

Blacks aren’t the same either... :rolleyes:

When were whites oppressed by people of color in western civilization?

Oh, that makes it ok so! White people aren't all the same, you do realise that?

Warped logic.

Of course it doesn't make it ok and of course white people aren't the same.
    How could you possibly imply that was what I meant.

And Jesus wasn’t white

He wasn't black either. He likely looked close to semetic peoples from modern times, ie the Jews and Palestinians, who are closer to white than Black. They're a solidly Levantine looking people, like most living around the Mediterranean.

Blacks aren’t the same either... :rolleyes:

When were whites oppressed by people of color in western civilization?

What's a person of colour?

Oppression is oppression. Being oppressed for your skin colour doesn't place you higher on the pedestal than someone being oppressed for their ethnicity.

^ Desperately dancing around the issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

It does if you're the type of person who subscribes to critical theory and don't believe in facts.

Of course you're correct, but don't expect the asylum to grasp it.

I know that, I'm not disagreeing.

The way Irish were portrayed as sub human was similar to how blacks were portrayed, or jews were portrayed by Nazis.

What's a person of colour?

Common knowledge. You’ll figure it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

That's the whole point of hate crimes, to flip justice on it's head. It's why so many people are so utterly confused at this most simple of concepts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Is the jersey name thing voluntary for the footballers?

Any footballer brave enough to stand up against this will be branded a racist and be hounded by leftists.

Of course it's not voluntary.

Common knowledge. You’ll figure it out.

No, I would argue it's an empty, utterly meaningless term. Hence my question to you.

What is the point of his question so if all white people aren't the same?

Overheal is just trying to tell us white people are bad. We get it.

Some people have a serious issue with warped altruism.

No? I want to know when white people were ever oppressed by people of color?

Is this your way of accepting that, they never were? BCE Egypt, maybe? No real period of the Common Era?

No, I would argue it's an empty, utterly meaningless term. Hence my question to you.

It has meaning, which you can argue in a forum about semantics I guess. You don’t have a question for me; you clearly already have the answer to it.

It has meaning, which you can argue in a forum about semantics I guess. You don’t have a question for me; you clearly already have the answer to it.

You mentioned, in the context of "white" people being oppressed. So, what does that mean? Surely you define that, given it's basis for your argument here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Police have said no criminal offence took place when a banner reading “White Lives Matter Burnley” was towed past the stadium by an aircraft during Monday night’s Premier League game between Manchester City and Burnley.

The incident “caused offence to many people in Lancashire and beyond”, a senior officer said on Tuesday, as the stunt was blamed on individuals from a group of football hooligans connected with Burnley.

However, Lancashire police said that after assessing all the information available surrounding the incident, the force had concluded “that there are no criminal offences that have been disclosed at this time”.

“We will continue to work with our partners at the football club and within the local authority,” added Ch Supt Russ Procter.

The force said it had liaised with Greater Manchester police, the Aviation Authority and the Crown Prosecution Service over the course of the day.

The banner was trailed in the sky above the Etihad Stadium in Manchester moments after players and staff had taken a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/23/police-to-investigate-burnley-white-lives-matter-aircraft-banner

Black Lives Matter: Police get on their knees.
    White Lives Matter: Police investigate hate crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

No? I want to know when white people were ever oppressed by people of color?

Is this your way of accepting that, they never were? BCE Egypt, maybe? No real period of the Common Era?

You’re always on here giving time limits on things. You were the same in the gone with the wind ban thread. Everything is a time limit...so here’s one for you. What race is responsible for the modern slave trade RIGHT NOW?

If you had half an idea you’d know that not all white people are responsible for a few who dealt in the slave trade a few hundred years ago and that whites were bought and sold and more often than not treated far worse. The Irish were treated far worse than black slaves because they were worth a fraction of the price.

But none of that matters to you. You have these blinkers on, white bad, black man good, black lives matter, anyone who thinks otherwise = racist. You’re always the first one on here banging on about looking up the history books, do us all a favour and look up the history yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

My objection to the slogan Black Lives Matter isn't that I disagree with the slogan. It's the implication of the slogan which is that there are a significant amount of people in western countries who believe black lives don't matter.

This is an absolute myth. The USA is not a racist country. The UK is not a racist country. Ireland is not a racist country. Are there racists in all three of those countries? Yes. But not enough that one should fear to be black.

Worth saying that statistical analysis shows that blacks are not disproportionately shot by police in the US since that's what started all this rubbish off.

Worried about racism? Try being black in one of the north eastern (arab populated) parts of Africa, or in the Middle East or Asia. Blacks are still systemically mistreated in this part go the world.

Also the organisation Black Lives Matter is just awful in every way.

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    My objection to the slogan Black Lives Matter isn't that I disagree with the slogan. It's the implication of the slogan which is that there are a significant amount of people in western countries who believe black lives don't matter.

This is an absolute myth. The USA is not a racist country. The UK is not a racist country. Ireland is not a racist country. Are there racists in all three of those countries? Yes. But not enough that one should fear to be black.

Worth saying that statistical analysis shows that blacks are not disproportionately shot by police in the US since that's what started all this rubbish off.

Worried about racism? Try being black in one of the north eastern (arab populated) parts of Africa, or in the Middle East or Asia. Blacks are still systemically mistreated in this part go the world.

In fact blacks are 2.5x more likely to be shot at by police than whites. So I’m not sure what misinformation you are trying to sow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Nothing to see here. The alleged perpetrator is a person of colour. By definition he cannot be racist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement