Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is the most dangerous place in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shane.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Wicklow seems to have its fair share of dumps. Fassaroe is a council estate and a halting site so a recipe for disaster if you ask me, Wicklow Town is rough enough, Arklow is rough and so is Newtown.

Wicklow town and Arklow? U must be scared of your own shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Berryfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Walking along a country road from Danny Healy-Rae's local after closing time.

Or on the M8 when his brother's rushing up to Dublin to answer the questions he hears in his head rather than the ones Miriam is asking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Any town in Donegal. Good chance of being killed by boy racers. It's like being in deep South in the US. Full of hicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭corner of hells

thebull85 wrote: »
    Berryfield.

As Berryfield Road, Finglas ?

Known by the locals a Battlefield Road .

It's calmed down a small bit.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Most of Antrim?

The giants causeway? The holiday towns of Cushendun and Cushendall? The caravan parks favoured by pensioners in Portrush? The leafy housing enclaves off the Lisburn Road?

Yeah....a real no go zone all right.

Is there still a heroin problem in Portrush?

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Any town in Donegal. Good chance of being killed by boy racers. It's like being in deep South in the US. Full of hicks

Statistically, Cork is where you'll be killed by boy racers and drink drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

McGaggs wrote: »
    mfceiling wrote: »
    Most of Antrim?

The giants causeway? The holiday towns of Cushendun and Cushendall? The caravan parks favoured by pensioners in Portrush? The leafy housing enclaves off the Lisburn Road?

Yeah....a real no go zone all right.

Is there still a heroin problem in Portrush?

There has never been a heroin problem in Portrush. You might be thinking of ballymena.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭prunudo

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Wicklow seems to have its fair share of dumps. Fassaroe is a council estate and a halting site so a recipe for disaster if you ask me, Wicklow Town is rough enough, Arklow is rough and so is Newtown.

Must be a while since you were in Newtown.

As for most dangerous place in country I would say probably the top of the cliffs of Moher.
    Although in reality the biggest risk of death or danger in Ireland is probably using the roads everyday.

If by dangerous the op means biggest kip and threat of being attacked by scumbags then thats been covered already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Phoenix Park 25th/26th August, enter at your peril

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

McGaggs wrote: »
    Statistically, Cork is where you'll be killed by boy racers and drink drivers.

Statistically mustn't have heard of Buncranna

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

To the earlier posts about sandy row in Belfast. It is certainly a unionist area but it is not dangerous per se. The worst areas of Belfast are mostly in republican west Belfast which is full of hoods and joyriders and they torture their own community with anti social behaviour. Aside from that Belfast is a pretty safe city. I would say far safer than Dublin for example which is a bit of a kip nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Certain farmyards and fields, in the north Louth, south Armagh area, I would think are still no go areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Sadly some evidence to support this today:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/two-dead-three-seriously-injured-after-car-crash-in-co-donegal-1.3600923?mode=amp

I remember some post defending driving in Donegal is a closed thread recently. They claimed the death rate per km of road in Donegal is in line with the national average. I thought it was a stupid point. The death rate per population in Donegal is quite a bit higher than the national average.

People seem to think that road deaths are acts of God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Yep was just going to mention Donegal for driving. For a small unpopulated county they have a lot of deaths. And I know for a fact the insurance premiums up there reflect the stats.

Phoenix park this day next week will be dangerous, not that a priest will try to bum you or anything but the fact they are building temporary morgue because they are convinced people will die at it.

As for kippy towns, every city has them and some rural ones are dumps too. Surprised Athy not mentioned yet, I didn't see it anyway. But not as dangerous as parts of Dublin now where they are routinely shooting.

Anywhere near a halting site has to be dangerous too, can't trust the traveling folk. Met a girl one night she was trying to impress me she said she was an entrepreneur, has her own home and enjoys traveling. I ran a mile. In hindsight I probably should have went home with her I may have put too much emphasis on the enjoyed traveling part.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Phoenix park this day next week will be dangerous, not that a priest will try to bum you or anything but the fact they are building temporary morgue because they are convinced people will die at it.

die of boredom?

btw - have you got a link to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Yep was just going to mention Donegal for driving. For a small unpopulated county they have a lot of deaths. And I know for a fact the insurance premiums up there reflect the stats.

Fourth largest county, eighth largest population. Massive amount of cross border traffic, as was the case this morning.

But sure nothing reduces road fatalities like a good uneducated rant.

timthumbni wrote: »
    There has never been a heroin problem in Portrush. You might be thinking of ballymena.

I was told there was a dodgy housing estate there on the late 90s with a problem.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Statistically mustn't have heard of Buncranna

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/corkman/news/cork-is-car-crash-capital-27091521.html

I can't find it now, but I read an article showing cork had the most drink driving in the country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

fryup wrote: »

die of boredom?

btw - have you got a link to this?

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/morgue-set-to-be-built-in-phoenix-park-for-papal-visit-37184520.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

As Berryfield Road, Finglas ?

Known by the locals a Battlefield Road .

It's calmed down a small bit.

It had calmed down, but i think that area along with rest of Finglas is getting bad again thanks the latest generation of absolute scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Unfortunately Donegal headline news again this morning following the awful fatal crash in Bundoran last night.Frightening waste of young lives and devastation for families.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Every county has an edgy area, have lived in Mayo, Galway, Meath, Dublin over the years and the places to avoid all look tysane.

The only county I consciously avoid as a dangerous place to be is Donegal.

Beautiful county, and any Donegal people I’ve met over the years are very likeable and responsible people. What is it about the ones that live there that gives it such a bad name.

We holiday in Ireland every year for a week, the only place we will refuse to bring our three children to is Donegal, purely because of driver behaviour and attitude there. Take a listen to this doc on one from a few years ago...

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2016/0804/806861-we-decide-who-lives-or-dies/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The countryside is the most dangerous place and those houses in isolated parts. No policing no lighting lack of basic facilities you can get away with murder literally. Animals in fields attacked not just human beings. Wouldn't be caught dead there no pun intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anywhere near pylons.
    I reckon those EMF's aren't the best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

blade1 wrote: »
    Anywhere near pylons.
    I reckon those EMF's aren't the best for you.

Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

We holiday in Ireland every year for a week, the only place we will refuse to bring our three children to is Donegal, purely because of driver behaviour and attitude there. Take a listen to this doc on one from a few years ago...

i think its because of their geographical location, there right up against the border so they can cross two jurisdictions willy nilly acting the maggot, without getting caught

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭malinheader

Keep you thinking that. Don't need yous sunday drivers like yous up here anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    The countryside is the most dangerous place and those houses in isolated parts. No policing no lighting lack of basic facilities you can get away with murder literally. Animals in fields attacked not just human beings. Wouldn't be caught dead there no pun intended.

Well I have lived in very isolated houses in the countryside for many many years with no lighting etc and never been afraid etc. The one time there was an issue it was wit h a rather nasty old neighbour and the gardai were there in minutes.

would not feel safe in a city or town.

Advertisement