Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is the most dangerous place in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,165 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Identifying the most dangerous place in Ireland requires you to say what danger it is that worries you.

If you're talking about danger of death, then the most dangerous county in Ireland (base on life expectancy figures) is Leitrim if you're a man, Limerick if you're a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Summerhill in Dublin has always been king of the dumps for me. Never liked the vibe around the place and a work colleague of mine who lived there used to talk about all sorts of crazy sh1t, stolen cars, attempted car jackings and such.
    You think it's grand as you walked down it? The majority on the Shankill would hate you by default no matter what you try and believe.

Don't get the impression that MarkY91 and his g/f were subject to much hate, if any, from his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Berserker wrote: »
    Summerhill in Dublin has always been king of the dumps for me. Never liked the vibe around the place and a work colleague of mine who lived there used to talk about all sorts of crazy sh1t, stolen cars, attempted car jackings and such.

Don't get the impression that MarkY91 and his g/f were subject to much hate, if any, from his posts.

None at all. But I know well enough that going down the road in an Ireland jersey shouting in my Dublin accent wouldn't be the wisest of moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

Southill/Moyross are the worst I've ever seen.

In Dublin I'd say Fortunestown/Fettercairn in Tallaght is pretty much a no-go after dark. Same with parts of Rialto/Dolphins Barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Driving through Loyalist areas around the "Twalfht" with southern reg plates.

Dublin quays/isolated side streets at night.

Dublin generally on St Paddy's night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

MarkY91 wrote: »
    None at all. But I know well enough that going down the road in an Ireland jersey shouting in my Dublin accent wouldn't be the wisest of moves.

Walking down any street on the island, shouting your head off is just asking for trouble to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Walking along a country road from Danny Healy-Rae's local after closing time.

Ah schure youd be grand, according to Danny all his customers ever have is a glass of Guinness before driving :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Taytoland wrote: »
    Mostly Dublin seeing as it is a big kip, Cork is another dump and with places in such a mess it is dangerous to walk around in these places.

Have you been to Cork? It's quite a distance from your home in Rustland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

South Hill in Limerick (as already mentioned a few times) is a total fcuking kip, I'm aloud say it since I'm from Limerick :-).

It looks like something out of Syria.

It's not a small minority of people that are the problem there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Probably any where with a lot of poverty and social housing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ah schure youd be grand, according to Danny all his customers ever have is a glass of Guinness before driving :rolleyes:

it is the hour just after dinner time you have to be worried about.

davo2001 wrote: »
    South Hill in Limerick (as already mentioned a few times) is a total fcuking kip, I'm aloud say it since I'm from Limerick :-).

The bad parts of Limerick are really, really bad. Moyross, Southill, Weston, St Marys Park etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Limericklaaaad

davo2001 wrote: »

Yeah your bang on tbh, Majority of the civil folks have been rehoused else where, Most of the young people living there at the minute would be scumbags that are making life hell for the elderly that remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yeah your bang on tbh, Majority of the civil folks have been rehoused else where, Most of the young people living there at the minute would be scumbags that are making life hell for the elderly that remain.

Lol myself and a mate were out golfing at Rathbane one day which runs behind Southhill.
    Playing down the 4th or 5th hold we heard this massive bang and then a cloud of smoke started rising behind the trees a few hundred yards in front of us.
    A young fella in his 20’s came out of it and just passed up by calmly without so much as a word nor did he try and hide his face.
    Turns out he had stolen a car and then after he was finished he burned it out. We couldn’t even play the next hole because of the smoke as we couldn’t find the tee box.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,068 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Finches every Mickey money night. Mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The bad parts of Limerick are really, really bad. Moyross, Southill, Weston, St Marys Park etc.

i find Limerick people come in extremes they're either very nice or..very nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Farms (and I say that respectfully), Carrantuohill (but most go prepared), the Atlantic ocean, the Irish Sea, building sites, disused quarries, our road system.

Not getting pulled in to the sad, bitchy trap of slating towns, cities and areas of the country.

Blazer wrote: »
    Lol myself and a mate were out golfing at Rathbane one day which runs behind Southhill.
    Playing down the 4th or 5th hold we heard this massive bang and then a cloud of smoke started rising behind the trees a few hundred yards in front of us.
    A young fella in his 20’s came out of it and just passed up by calmly without so much as a word nor did he try and hide his face.
    Turns out he had stolen a car and then after he was finished he burned it out. We couldn’t even play the next hole because of the smoke as we couldn’t find the tee box.

I'm from Kildare but my Mam is from Limerick and her brother - my uncle - who died a few years ago is buried in a graveyard behind O'Malley Park in Southill. I went there one day with my uncle and suddenly noticed a plume of smoke coming from O'Malley Park and the sound of a car alarm going off. I had never heard of Southill before and my uncle said he'd walk me round early in the morning when all the scum were in bed. Walked around it the next day very early and could not believe how bad it was. It honestly looked like a war zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

If you had to nuke the biggest ****hole wasteland in Ireland from orbit, you'd be hard pressed to find a better option than Southill Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

95337-1292263675-1.jpg

Bogey nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ironically enough saw this headline today and was instantly reminded of the night out I posted about a few pages back - complete with a photograph of the same apartment block in which some of the rioting I mentioned was taking place.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2991274/man-ear-part-basin-street-flats/

NINTCHDBPICT000005165320-e1534417954495.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

I had previously walked down this street / lane during the day a couple of times and hadn't seen any sh!te other than groups of teenagers chilling around on the pavements etc - the trouble obviously only kicks off at night, which was mentioned on the Prime Time special about the area, couple of residents interviewed saying that after dark they close their curtains, lock their doors, and don't leave until the sun comes up.

I was thinking maybe it might have changed since 2014 but obviously not.

Either way, at night time I'd definitely say that this is one of the most dangerous places in Ireland. There's a road not too far away from it in Rialto called St Anthony's Road which would be a close second in my estimation - the photos speak for themselves :D:D:D Kind of place where you're likely to be hit with "what the f*ck are youuuuu lookin' ah?!" as soon as you turn the corner off the South Circular. When I was in college, a couple of German exchange students had the temerity not to let two of the local scumbags gatecrash their balcony beers session, so the f*ckers came back with a knife and murdered both of them :(

1Kb8SuN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Moate is the most dangerous place in the country; stay there for more than a couple of hours and you will top yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ironically enough saw this headline today and was instantly reminded of the night out I posted about a few pages back - complete with a photograph of the same apartment block in which some of the rioting I mentioned was taking place.

I had previously walked down this street / lane during the day a couple of times and hadn't seen any sh!te other than groups of teenagers chilling around on the pavements etc - the trouble obviously only kicks off at night, which was mentioned on the Prime Time special about the area, couple of residents interviewed saying that after dark they close their curtains, lock their doors, and don't leave until the sun comes up.

Either way, at night time I'd definitely say that this is one of the most dangerous places in Ireland. There's a road not too far away from it in Rialto called St Anthony's Road which would be a close second in my estimation - the photos speak for themselves :D:D:D Kind of place where you're likely to be hit with "what the f*ck are youuuuu lookin' ah?!" as soon as you turn the corner off the South Circular. When I was in college, a couple of German exchange students had the temerity not to let two of the local scumbags gatecrash their balcony beers session, so the f*ckers came back with a knife and murdered both of them :(

1Kb8SuN.jpg
    Yer man in the photo above. Is there a bleedin factory turning these lads out or wha? They always look exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Dublin's North Inner City, most of Antrim, parts of Limerick and Cork.

Cork is a lovely place.;)

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Wicklow seems to have its fair share of dumps. Fassaroe is a council estate and a halting site so a recipe for disaster if you ask me, Wicklow Town is rough enough, Arklow is rough and so is Newtown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I remember pulling into a petrol station surrounded by council housing in Limerick on a cold enough October Sunday about 15 years ago (dunno if it was moyross or south hill or whatever.) There were three young lads of about 9 or 10 messing around the forecourt, nothing too serious that you wouldn't see kids doing anywhere, except one of them was just wearing a pair of underpants (I think he had runners on his feet.) It wasn't like as if the lads had ripped off his clothes for a laugh or that some terrible sordid thing had happened to him, but like that was how he had left his gaff to go hang out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Crossmaglen

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CinderKone

Tralee

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

As above.

At least make an effort OP, another new account, a pointless topic, it's getting boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

1Kb8SuN.jpg

They’re not apartments.

Anyway, it’s probably South Dublin....Tara Street, the Londis on Westmoreland Street, Merchants quay, Thomas Street, Rialto, Dolphins barn, Tallaght, Clondalkin.

Advertisement