Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is the most dangerous place in Ireland?

Options
  • 07-08-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

As above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

As above.

Any input yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jaysus! The tea!

Any input yourself ?

Dublin's North Inner City, most of Antrim, parts of Limerick and Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

There can only be one.

Al Porters bedroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Downwind of me the day after a Guinness session.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

M50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Awww not again , another thread bashing Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,258 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Roy Keanes Kitchen

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

The floor below your Mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jaysus! The tea!

Awww not again , another thread bashing Antrim.

It's Prod Central and will pose a threat when a united Ireland happens thanks to the UVF UDA Kings Hospital School Dublin Proddie scum terrorists!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Dáil Eireann.

Power and the wielding of it can be incredibly dangerous and actions committed in the Dáil have the potential to harm us all in a multitude of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

On Instagram uncovering Irish con-artist(aka bloggers/vloggers)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

OSI wrote: »
    A Christian Brothers' School

That might have been the case when I was going to school but as far as I know there aren't many of the f*****s still teaching. They're almost extinct in the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Bastardstown, Co. Wexford. Right dangerous bastards around there so they are, so they are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The sea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Id say the blue pool in Co Clare is by far the most dangerous place in Ireland by a long shot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

I'm going to say East Wall in a England jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Parts of NI are dangerous. There's always trouble up there. Particularly Belfast and Derry Londonderry

In the South the most dangerous place you can go is Luas red line from Connolly to about Smith field after 9pm, lot of dodgy characters on it.
    In my eyes you've more chance of running trouble there than anywhere else.
    I'm a big f**ker so I'm generally OK, but smaller people might get grief

Also places like Jobstown and parts Finglas are dangerous, such to the extent that the Garda won't go in there unless they've got numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Outside a Supermacs at 1.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

There's a field of mad Friesian bulls near here, you could step into it but you won't step out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Filling stations off the M7 with the other moderators.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Mostly Dublin seeing as it is a big kip, Cork is another dump and with places in such a mess it is dangerous to walk around in these places.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For reregs it's AH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Coxes Demsene/Fatima/Castletown Rd area of Dundalk after dark

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Scariest place I've ever personally been is an area near the Guinness factory late at night, I can't remember which road it was (Basin St, Marrowbone Lane and the School/Summer/Braithewaite Street intersection are all possibilities - I had stumbled drunkenly and phoneless out of a house party on New Earl Street around 4am with the intention of walking home to Dun Laoghaire and promptly gotten lost in an absolute maze of apartment tower blocks :D ) but there was an all out gang battle going on with young lads throwing sh!t at eachother and setting fire to things. To this day I'm not sure if that was their idea of fun or if there was actual hatred towards eachother but it was feckin' terrifying.

The main thing going on was people standing on balconies (open access stairwells so I have no idea if they even lived in the buildings or not - a lot of the apartments were boarded up so possibly scheduled for demolition or a facelift?), setting fire to tennis balls and the like, and then trying to bounce them off the ground and hit people standing on the balconies in opposite buildings. Feckin' mad stuff.

Never saw any mention of it in the news which made me wonder if it was a regular occurrence and therefore not newsworthy :eek: It was in and around Arthur's Day, so close enough to Halloween but probably not Halloween related, idk. Autumn does seem to be peak "set everything in sight on fire for the craic" season from September onwards, so that might have been a factor.

Wouldn't wander around that stretch at night again in a hurry though. This stuff seemed to be going on across several different streets in the same cluster, all within sight of the Guinness building, so it very much seemed like an organised kind of thing. Do 'gangs' of teenage douchebags still do arranged meetups with the express purpose of having fights?

Phone was dead hence no Google maps and no chance to call the Gardai. Eventually after running through several streets for about ten minutes trying to get away from the chaos I miraculously ended up on Cork Street, which I was fully familiar with and could figure out my route home from. Serious way to wake up after a session at which you had just woken up from a drunken slumber :D:D:D

On a serious note, it also massively pissed me off that this kind of crap seemed to be going on with total impunity. No sign of any cavalry arriving at least while I was there, which sort of adds weight to the claims that certain areas are just "let go" by the authorities, and therefore these marauding gangs of scumbags can just get away with it without any real retaliation. What always struck me was how tranquil Cork Street was once I arrived on it, if I'd been walking home from a gaff party there that night I wouldn't have had so much as a hint that there was major trouble going on just a five minute walk away. I'd always heard that the city centre was like that, with settled and rough areas directly intersecting with eachother, but this was the most bizarre contrast I've come across in my time.

As funny as it it to look back on as a passer-by who just happened to have gotten lost, it was incredibly scary at the time, and I can only imagine that people actually living in the place must have been terrified. With regard to Basin Street, it would gel with a Prime Time documentary I saw a few years later about how a lot of people who live there bolt their doors once the sun goes down and, in one resident's own words, "I don't even want to know what goes on out there until the morning". Seems these lads know that they wreak arson, assault and general antisocial chaos in the neighbourhood and get away with it indefinitely :mad:

This was in the Autumn of either 2013 or 2014, so for all I know the place is totally different now. The boarded up apartments nearby would suggest that some kind of revamp was planned for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

grahambo wrote: »
    Parts of NI are dangerous. There's always trouble up there. Particularly Belfast and Derry Londonderry

In the South the most dangerous place you can go is Luas red line from Connolly to about Smith field after 9pm, lot of dodgy characters on it.
    In my eyes you've more chance of running trouble there than anywhere else.
    I'm a big f**ker so I'm generally OK, but smaller people might get grief

Also places like Jobstown and parts Finglas are dangerous, such to the extent that the Garda won't go in there unless they've got numbers.

No question there's all sorts of dodgy characters on the Red Line, but actually the most dangerous place in Ireland? I've taken it six days a week from Fortunestown to Connolly for the last 5 years, all hours, never seen anyone injured - plenty of verbal abuse and hassle, folk destroying themselves with drugs, stones thrown at windows, but actual third party physical danger? If this is as dangerous as Ireland gets, happy days.

Occurs to me though that I have seen physcial violence on the Red Line, in the early evening a few years ago - a young father hitting his 3 or 4 year old son round the head for crying (inspired solution, that :rolleyes:). While the rest of sat there gawping in horror, an elderly lad sitting opposite leaned over and calmly said "stop that right now, you can't do that"; the father turned on him red-faced and shouting about his "rights" until the rest of men the carriage got to our feet and faced him down. He sat their muttering under his breath until he got off at Cheeverstown (true story, before the 'never happened' brigade get started).

I think about that poor kid's life a lot, and I wonder how long it will be until we're on here calling him a knacker and a scumbag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Scariest place I've ever personally been is an area near the Guinness factory late at night, I can't remember which road it was (Basin St, Marrowbone Lane and the School/Summer/Braithewaite Street intersection are all possibilities - I had stumbled drunkenly and phoneless out of a house party on New Earl Street around 4am with the intention of walking home to Dun Laoghaire and promptly gotten lost in an absolute maze of apartment tower blocks :D ) but there was an all out gang battle going on with young lads throwing sh!t at eachother and setting fire to things. To this day I'm not sure if that was their idea of fun or if there was actual hatred towards eachother but it was feckin' terrifying.

The main thing going on was people standing on balconies (open access stairwells so I have no idea if they even lived in the buildings or not - a lot of the apartments were boarded up so possibly scheduled for demolition or a facelift?), setting fire to tennis balls and the like, and then trying to bounce them off the ground and hit people standing on the balconies in opposite buildings. Feckin' mad stuff.

Never saw any mention of it in the news which made me wonder if it was a regular occurrence and therefore not newsworthy :eek: It was in and around Arthur's Day, so close enough to Halloween but probably not Halloween related, idk. Autumn does seem to be peak "set everything in sight on fire for the craic" season from September onwards, so that might have been a factor.

Wouldn't wander around that stretch at night again in a hurry though. This stuff seemed to be going on across several different streets in the same cluster, all within sight of the Guinness building, so it very much seemed like an organised kind of thing. Do 'gangs' of teenage douchebags still do arranged meetups with the express purpose of having fights?

Phone was dead hence no Google maps and no chance to call the Gardai. Eventually after running through several streets for about ten minutes trying to get away from the chaos I miraculously ended up on Cork Street, which I was fully familiar with and could figure out my route home from. Serious way to wake up after a session at which you had just woken up from a drunken slumber :D:D:D

On a serious note, it also massively pissed me off that this kind of crap seemed to be going on with total impunity. No sign of any cavalry arriving at least while I was there, which sort of adds weight to the claims that certain areas are just "let go" by the authorities, and therefore these marauding gangs of scumbags can just get away with it without any real retaliation. What always struck me was how tranquil Cork Street was once I arrived on it, if I'd been walking home from a gaff party there that night I wouldn't have had so much as a hint that there was major trouble going on just a five minute walk away. I'd always heard that the city centre was like that, with settled and rough areas directly intersecting with eachother, but this was the most bizarre contrast I've come across in my time.

As funny as it it to look back on as a passer-by who just happened to have gotten lost, it was incredibly scary at the time, and I can only imagine that people actually living in the place must have been terrified. With regard to Basin Street, it would gel with a Prime Time documentary I saw a few years later about how a lot of people who live there bolt their doors once the sun goes down and, in one resident's own words, "I don't even want to know what goes on out there until the morning". Seems these lads know that they wreak arson, assault and general antisocial chaos in the neighbourhood and get away with it indefinitely :mad:

This was in the Autumn of either 2013 or 2014, so for all I know the place is totally different now. The boarded up apartments nearby would suggest that some kind of revamp was planned for the area.

Where you
    A. Phoneless?
    B. Your phone was dead?
    C. Lying?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Outside Burgerland in Cork City back in the 90's

Salthill in the 90's

Friar Tucks in Limerick, didnt Dermot Morgan do a skit about a stabbing there he seen.

Lahinch when the Inagh boys are out..riot central...

Ennis at 2am...chaos

Tipp the Kipp

Advertisement