Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Gavlor wrote: »
    I do believe it’s going to happen but announcing to the public that half the site is pre sold before applying for planning permission is a bit far fetched?

Maybe they’ve received expressions of interest but not pre sold.

The site is designated as a Strategic Development Zone, so as I understand it, a planning scheme for the overall site was applied for, and people could object to that, prior to approval by An Bord Pleanála.

As I understand it, any planning application now on the site is really just a formality as long as it complies with the overall planning scheme, which has now already been approved. I believe the council just has to make sure it meets the planning scheme for the SDZ, and then approve it (without further recourse for objections) as long as it does.

Better explanation here: http://buckplanning.blogspot.com/2006/11/strategic-development-zones-and-irish.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

fricatus wrote: »
    The site is designated as a Strategic Development Zone, so as I understand it, a planning scheme for the overall site was applied for, and people could object to that, prior to approval by An Bord Pleanála.

As I understand it, any planning application now on the site is really just a formality as long as it complies with the overall planning scheme, which has now already been approved. I believe the council just has to make sure it meets the planning scheme for the SDZ, and then approve it (without further recourse for objections) as long as it does.

Better explanation here: http://buckplanning.blogspot.com/2006/11/strategic-development-zones-and-irish.html

Yep, I was aware of all that but the point is that very few firms, whether investment funds or otherwise will buy property without analysing detailed planning drawings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yep, I was aware of all that but the point is that very few firms, whether investment funds or otherwise will buy property without analysing detailed planning drawings.

If the planning application is imminent, then surely those drawings are available for the developer to furnish to prospective investors? They can quite reasonably tell those investors that these are the drawings going into the planning application, that the whole thing meets the planning scheme, and that approval is expected within six months (or whatever).

Short of having the actual buildings to show them, this would be enough for an investor, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Seems it is not uncommon to purchase 'from plans' ........ even private housing!

Why would it be different here?

'buying' in this instance is contracting to pay for after inspection etc etc. and final hand-over.
    Quite a lot of items to fall into place before sale is actually complete.

Seems it is not uncommon to purchase 'from plans' ........ even private housing!

Why would it be different here?

'buying' in this instance is contracting to pay for after inspection etc etc. and final hand-over.
    Quite a lot of items to fall into place before sale is actually complete.

By all accounts the plans aren’t quite complete yet!

• Advertisement

fricatus wrote: »
    If the planning application is imminent, then surely those drawings are available for the developer to furnish to prospective investors? They can quite reasonably tell those investors that these are the drawings going into the planning application, that the whole thing meets the planning scheme, and that approval is expected within six months (or whatever).

Short of having the actual buildings to show them, this would be enough for an investor, wouldn't it?

Final plans absolutely. But you’re assuming that they are sitting on the plans while showing them to potential clients as opposed to submitting them, despite all the delays??!

By all accounts the plans aren’t quite complete yet!

That would not prevent a commitment to purchase with some riders to cover deviations from whatever plans are presented to the purchaser.

That would not prevent a commitment to purchase with some riders to cover deviations from whatever plans are presented to the purchaser.

So an expression of interest? If there were commitments to purchase a hotel along with significant office and apartment space do you not think the buyers would have announced their expansion plans particularly if the hotel was one of the publicly listed groups?

Like I said, I really think this development will go ahead but I feel Rob May be exaggerating on this particular point.

So an expression of interest? If there were commitments to purchase a hotel along with significant office and apartment space do you not think the buyers would have announced their expansion plans particularly if the hotel was one of the publicly listed groups?

Like I said, I really think this development will go ahead but I feel Rob May be exaggerating on this particular point.

Oh I have no doubt that a 'positive spin' is being put on the situation.
    It does appear that it is needed to overcome all the naysayers though :D

I am not one bit worried about the time line slipping, and yes I continue to believe this will go ahead, unless we have another serious financial setback before everything is committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I too would be surprised if investors would be prepared to purchase property in a development which hasn't received final planning approval. Unless they got one hell of a deal.

However I would hope that Rob spoke accurately and did not exaggerate or mislead anyone - deliberately or otherwise. We should give him the benefit of the doubt, as you'd expect he'd fully understand the potential consequences of making inaccurate statements in public fora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 thwquietfella2

There s some naivety on here most large development s will pre sell or pre let of plans. Hotels will pre buy so they can have an input into design specs so I doubt Rob is exaggerating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Bards

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The following is a statement issued by Waterford City and County Council in reply to queries regarding the submission of the North Quays SDZ application.

Waterford City and County Council understand that the final documents in respect of the North Quays Strategic Development Zone are being prepared for lodgement, that Falcon Real Estate will be publishing their Environmental Impact Assessment Report

notification on the Department portal early next week to commence the planning submission process and that full lodgement will be completed within two weeks thereafter.

Two weeks have now passed... Anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Bards wrote: »

Monday is the rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭IanVW

Monday or tuesday i heard from the architect who done an interview with regina mangan

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Deiseen wrote: »
    Monday is the rumour.

Yep, the 16th Dec is the rumoured date, fingers crossed it does go in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

IanVW wrote: »
    Monday or tuesday i heard from the architect who done an interview with regina mangan

What has that wan got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭IanVW

Motivator wrote: »

Shes a property agent and was talking to Niall Harrington about property thats what

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Muttley79

Motivator wrote: »

She don’t half love the camera!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Muttley79 wrote: »
    She don’t half love the camera!!

How many people have you bitched about so far today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Bards wrote: »

The planning notice is in the Munster Express this week (Tuesday 10th December)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Bards

I believe planning is going in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

I heard the day after tomorrow.

I heard the day after that

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Muttley79

Haha ffs,sure I’ll say the day after that after that.anyone else want to comment and keep the days rollin here!!

The planning notices were put in place this evening after 5pm, one on the dual carriageway and another on Abbey Road in Ferrybank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

If it's not in the N&S it ain't happening.

vriesmays wrote: »
    If it's not in the N&S it ain't happening.

https://twitter.com/WaterfordNS/status/1206680420890361856

SKELTON 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Haha ffs,sure I’ll say the day after that after that.anyone else want to comment and keep the days rollin here!!

If tomorrow never comes
    Will she (Deise) know how much I loved her
    Did I try in every way (even some brown envelopes) to show her every day
    That she's my only one (up the deise)
    And if my time on earth were through (we know how long it's takes in this country)
    And she must face this world without me
    Is the love I gave her in the past
    Gonna be enough to last
    If tomorrow never comes

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The planning notices were put in place this evening after 5pm, one on the dual carriageway and another on Abbey Road in Ferrybank.

B1064-E45-9919-43-A6-BF7-C-0-C12282-A3-DEC.jpg[m

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement