Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

Road-Hog wrote:
    Can you really compare a Toronto development with something proposed for a small Irish city about 1/60 th the population...?

The principle is the same, so yes I would :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Can you really compare a Toronto development with something proposed for a small Irish city about 1/60 th the population...?

Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition! The sites lying empty/derelict at the moment so why not try do something that will bring in jobs and potential investment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The problem with Waterford City is too much ambition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

vriesmays wrote: »

We should just accept our faith move to Dublin become bitter and give out about our past life of woo in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’m not from Waterford but I’d say it’s the opposite— it’s a great county with so much to offer but the locals tend to not see that fully

• Advertisement

debok wrote: »
    We should just accept our faith move to Dublin become bitter and give out about our past life of woo in Waterford.

Fate not faith, Waterford City is like a urinal close to the floor with everyone pissing too high.

Fate not faith, Waterford City is like a urinal close to the floor with everyone pissing too high.

So your obsessed with a urinal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Deiseen

So your obsessed with a urinal.

Please just put him on mute. I've done it but I can still see his posts when people reply.

It's painful, he blames Waterford for his failed marriage but I think everyone here knows why it failed. Just please mute him, for the sake of all our sanity.

road_high wrote: »
    I’m not from Waterford but I’d say it’s the opposite— it’s a great county with so much to offer but the locals tend to not see that fully

Mute him. PLEASE.

Deiseen wrote: »
    Please just put him on mute. I've done it but I can still see his posts when people reply.

It's painful, he blames Waterford for his failed marriage but I think everyone here knows why it failed. Just please mute him, for the sake of all our sanity.

I know I know. I kinda like replying to him because someday he might look at his profile of all his posts and realise Jesus I am bitter and I do give out about anything that other people are positive about. He might also realise he can get over his hatred of the county by moving on and by posting in forum relating to his new bright wonderful life .

• Advertisement

I know I know. I kinda like replying to him because someday he might look at his profile of all his posts and realise Jesus I am bitter and I do give out about anything that other people are positive about. He might also realise he can get over his hatred of the county by moving on and by posting in forum relating to his new bright wonderful life .

Well he can go on with that lonely journey all by himself. I've been on this forum a long time and he has never said one remotely constructive thing.

Its time to move on. Mute him.

:D

You can't mute the truth.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You can't mute the truth.

True, (if what you are saying was the truth, it’s not thou), but what I can do is give you a holiday out of the Waterford forum, you’ve nothing decent to add to the discussion so take a month out.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Aquos76 wrote: »
    True, (if what you are saying was the truth, it’s not thou), but what I can do is give you a holiday out of the Waterford forum, you’ve nothing decent to add to the discussion so take a month out.

About time!

Aquos76 wrote: »

This will do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

I clicked to see who your friends were, surprise there are none.
    Get a grip lad that type of negativity will only damage you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

This sub forum has basically turned into a protracted conflict between e users and a troll. Best thing to do is to not engage them. They'll eventually deflate.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Dexpat

Getting back to the topic. Seems to be a generally positive slant on things in last weeks online N&S.

The planning application which it has been confirmed in writing by Falcon, is to be submitted to the council at the end of the month, seems to be being ammended to take account of the unlikelyhood of the full funding of the transport hub and also to include market feedback.

The Michael St element is also still part of it despite rumours, which is great as it's critical to have a good retail anchor in the old part of town to compliment the North Quays element.

It's good that Falcon seem to be in it for the long haul and recognise that in Ireland things move slowly and the November deadline for funding approval has been quitely dropped/delayed. The scheme overall is put at €350 million. Maybe the thread title can be adjusted to reflect that. Thanks to all in the conucil etc working behind the scenes.

I left Waterford over 20 years ago for work. Hopefully this will come to fruition and be part of the solution so that future generations in the South East don't have to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I clicked to see who your friends were, surprise there are none.
    Get a grip lad that type of negativity will only damage you in the end.

emmmmm you have no friends either....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Dexpat wrote: »
    Getting back to the topic. Seems to be a generally positive slant on things in last weeks online N&S.

The planning application which it has been confirmed in writing by Falcon, is to be submitted to the council at the end of the month, seems to be being ammended to take account of the unlikelyhood of the full funding of the transport hub and also to include market feedback.

The Michael St element is also still part of it despite rumours, which is great as it's critical to have a good retail anchor in the old part of town to compliment the North Quays element.

It's good that Falcon seem to be in it for the long haul and recognise that in Ireland things move slowly and the November deadline for funding approval has been quitely dropped/delayed. The scheme overall is put at €350 million. Maybe the thread title can be adjusted to reflect that. Thanks to all in the conucil etc working behind the scenes.

I left Waterford over 20 years ago for work. Hopefully this will come to fruition and be part of the solution so that future generations in the South East don't have to do the same.

I heard planning application is still a few weeks away and I hear KK county council are in support as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Is it possible that this could be a bogus ad in order to trick investors that the project is still progressing when in actual fact nothing will likely take place for at least ten years

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

robtri wrote: »
    emmmmm you have no friends either....

yes the hint is in the name.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lads, can we please stop with the smart comments and the sly digs at one another, if ye can’t keep on topic then we’ll have no option to to close the thread and start handing out bans. Cmon now let’s keep things civil and on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

Someone jumped the gun with regards to the funds being provided for relocating the Railway Station. It was discussed but no decision was made it appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

The Department of Housing and Local Government has insisted that “no decisions” have been made regarding the €39 million being provided to relocate Waterfords station .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So why the gap in understanding, where did it come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Bards

Rob, will planning go in next week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement