Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

For the last three weeks the've been telling me it will be a couple of weeks. Even this morning I was told it would be two weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 davytheram

I got call from Morgan Kennedy yesterday, told me they still only shortlisting and trawling thru CV's for best potential candidates so every1 calm down...
    Plus i asked on interview day and they told me there were 90 places from 400 interviewees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Hi 5

davytheram wrote: »
    I got call from Morgan Kennedy yesterday, told me they still only shortlisting and trawling thru CV's for best potential candidates so every1 calm down...
    Plus i asked on interview day and they told me there were 90 places from 400 interviewees

you GOT a call???? ....or did you call him?? :confused:

why would MK call you, to tell you, he's still shortlisting!?! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

anyone shed some info of what the engineering part involves and what will you end up with.as regards to what quailification and will they employ you after they educating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

I withdrew from the process yesterday, so someone else might get the call now.

The medical and the aptitude test are on next Tuesday in fitzgibbon Place but I have a feeling they will be running it all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

sideways83 wrote: »
    anyone shed some info of what the engineering part involves and what will you end up with.as regards to what quailification and will they employ you after they educating you.

You serve two years of the apprenticeship as normal, all the while doing some maths stuff in you're own time. Then when you're doing your phase 4 you'll do a 6 week bridging module course around it and depending on all that you either get to go for the degree or not.

For the degree itself you enter 2nd year of the 3 year level 7 degree and then you can do an extra 2 years for a level 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dnevin23

this waitin sucks balls.....any 1 else get a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jj2011

got a call this evening asking if i was still interested in it.getting back to me with details of medical and aptitude test..

finding their "professionalism" not to my taste!!!!
    why couldn't they just let every-f*@king-one know at the same time????

Good Luck to all that got it....SEEMS YE WILL NEED IT!?!?!

listen mate,450 people to contact and probably only started today so just give them a chance...u will get your call and as some1 else said, there's 90 places so am sure all places havent been filled yet.

• Advertisement

jj2011 wrote: »
    listen mate,450 people to contact and probably only started today so just give them a chance...u will get your call and as some1 else said, there's 90 places so am sure all places havent been filled yet.

dont you "listen mate" me you f*@king @ssh*le :mad:

pi$$ off & spin your HR BS elsewhere.......

sorry; wasn't aimed towards davytheram!!!

Hi 5 wrote: »
    dont you "listen mate" me you f*@king @ssh*le :mad:

pi$$ off & spin your HR BS elsewhere.......

Lol..and ur wondering why you havent got a call yet..they obviously picked up on your personality and character in the interview:-) lol.scum bag..I actually do hope you get your call so I can meet you in person but if we r not that fortunate well give me a shout if you ever get a job and manage to buy yourself a flat somewhere and we'll hook ya up:D

jj2011 wrote: »
    Lol..and ur wondering why you havent got a call yet..they obviously picked up on your personality and character in the interview:-) lol.scum bag..I actually do hope you get your call so I can meet you in person but if we r not that fortunate well give me a shout if you ever get a job and manage to buy yourself a flat somewhere and we'll hook ya up:D

:D:D:D:D all tough in cyber-space...typical of this 'younger generation'!!!

not goin to get into a 'fight' on boards.ie (just in case u win :rolleyes:) so accept my humble apologies & good luck with the rest your application!!!

ps mind your language though...might get you in trouble with a REAL PERSON some day :cool: :eek: :p

Hi 5 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D all tough in cyber-space...typical of this 'younger generation'!!!

not goin to get into a 'fight' on boards.ie (just in case u win :rolleyes:) so accept my humble apologies & good luck with the rest your application!!!

ps mind your language though...might get you in trouble with a REAL PERSON some day :cool: :eek: :p

Genuinely wasnt trying to be smart in d 1st post. was only trying to keep ur hopes up coz ive been there.apology accepted and 2morrow another day so hope u get ur call..definately not younger generation by d way.far frm it.

Was on phone to M.K. today and turned down a place in the programme, so 1 more place open!!
    Good luck to all involved..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leem6

Has anyone else been contacted since interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 owenthorp7

leem6 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been contacted since interview?

M.K offered me a place today on the phone but he was being rude so i told him to **** off

medical tomorrow, anyone know what it will involve??? what things could fail their medical??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

no jobs in the country and lads are turning 4 years in the ESB down!

The youth of the today :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

The medical is a colour blindness test, urine test and hearing test with a nurse then just a docter giving you the once over.

superg wrote: »
    no jobs in the country and lads are turning 4 years in the ESB down!

The youth of the today :rolleyes:

somethin else came up u clem so don't be ignorant

bassey wrote: »
    The medical is a colour blindness test, urine test and hearing test with a nurse then just a docter giving you the once over.

cheers bassey, straight forward enough so..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

somethin else came up u clem so don't be ignorant

Clem:confused:

it was more the lad who told them to **** off over some HR blokes attitude that tickled me more but since you comment.....

if its better than 4 guaranteed years of work with a great company offering great training then good on you

superg wrote: »
    Clem:confused:

it was more the lad who told them to **** off over some HR blokes attitude that tickled me more but since you comment.....

if its better than 4 guaranteed years of work with a great company offering great training then good on you

;)

anyone hear anything today

being offered the esb and the engineering thing too.have decision to make tomorrow.could someone who has or is in the engineering side of it help me out.dunno what to do.?what will be involved and what are the chances of employment as they paided for us to go to college..

why wouldnt you take it?? when did you offered it??

ah friday.dunno that or engineering teaching.

• Advertisement

well done on getting offered a place.i done apt test last week and i was told it would be this week before any offers were made..am prob not much help to ya so hopefuly some1 else can give u some advice.

Advertisement