Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woody281

im just wondering are they sendiing the letter out in alphabetical order?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nothing here either, best of luck to everyone who got an interview,.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcon1

Hi5, Bassey, Mcon1, Anybody else who had an interview,

How did you all get on in your interviews. Could you give us some info on the line of discussion, the interviewers, duration and anything else of interest please. Tnks in advance!
    Just curious!

Interview went fine for me. 2 interviewers and it lasted about 30 minutes. They asked questions about the topics mentioned on the letter, and also asked about my favorite/least favorite subjects at school etc. Also a few basic questions on electricity like plug wires, voltages, fuses etc and the usual why should you get this job above all the other applicants.
    Overall nothing to be worried about for anyone, just prepare well for the topics mentioned on the letter and you'll manage it fine

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcon1

woody281 wrote: »
    im just wondering are they sendiing the letter out in alphabetical order?

This may be the case because my surname starts with C and i was in the 1st week, while another buck from the same school as me got called for the 2nd week and his surname starts with D...this may just be a coincidence however!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

Probably wishful thinking!! Our surname starts with R so maybe there is still hope???

• Advertisement

Mcon1,
    Tnks for the info on the interview. Hope you're successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 J.R. Ewing

Had interview this morning, went pretty well.. basically as outlined in the letter asked questions relating to these topics. as I am in my 30's they were interested in my work experience to date... very keen on examples of team work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ronan17

Hi Does anyone know if the interviews are in alphibethcal order with the surnames of people.... Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 davytheram

i have interview in the morning, does anyone know the next stage and when it will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

When I did it the next stage after the interview was the medical, but as far as I know the next stage this time is another aptitude test in person. Should be some time in July I imagine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 owenthorp7

For our interview will we just be examined in our interview or will we have our medical and 2nd apptitude exam straight away once we finish after the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

The interview is just an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fagan2011

had my interview today at half 1 ... nerves where at me a bit i have to say but all in all i reckon i done ok , told me i would hear from them before the end of the month so il find out for definate then ... training starts middle to end of september in portlaoise ... goodluck to all going for it ... interview very formal not half as bad as i was expecting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 redeye101

approx 10 network technition places countrywide

You talking to somebody in HR definitely? I can't see how they'll only be taking 10 NT's as everybody going for the engineering is training as an NT up until after their Phase 4 exams, where they go on to the engineering if they meet the requirements...

I rang ESB this morning and was informed that they are still shortlisting, and all interviewees have not yet been called!:D :D. Fingers still crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GarethByrne

Got my interview for next wednesday :)

Gareth, when were you notified of interview? Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GarethByrne

I got a letter about a week ago! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

got interview for wed.any tips anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

sideways83 wrote: »
    got interview for wed.any tips anyone??

Yea, don't bluff or bull****e.
    From an employee :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

any more help:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Hi 5

any idea when interviewing process is complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭stephenk123

any update on this..still waiting to hear from them i no i more than likely didn't get it but they could have sent me a letter anyway.

My son didn't hear anything yet either not even the 'I regret'.
    I rang the ESB last week to enquire if all interviewees were notified and was just told that they are still shortlisting. I suppose that means shortlisting those that have been interviewed. I'm not sure she wasn't very forthcoming with information. So I suppose we just have to keep waiting!

dont want to burst your bubble but honestly, at this stage, i wouldnt worry about it much longer :(
    anyone out there here anything about next apptitude tests???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Swatch19

I completed this apprenticeship last year, well in mechanical fitting.
    There was only 3 jobs fitting that year.

You usually get notice before the leaving cert results come out.

Medical and start time after that.

Anyone concerned about family pull, dont be as i didnt have any and a guy i talked to the day off the interview, had a father working in the ESB and didnt get in.

Best off luck to all, its well worth getting and u get well lucked after..

Hi 5 tnks for the vote of confidence anyway!!!!!!!

REAL WORLD :D DREAM WORLD :rolleyes:

only being honest.........

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi 5 wrote: »
    REAL WORLD :D DREAM WORLD :rolleyes:

only being honest.........

Hi 5 you are being a little more than honest, please be nice, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Hi 5 tnks for the vote of confidence anyway!!!!!!!

Don't think theres a whole lot of hope now, I certainly have put it to the back of my mind now!

Maybe you should mention to your son that eircom are currently taking on apprentices. Good option if the ESB doesn't get back to you.
    Link

Advertisement