Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

elli21 wrote: »
    Yes I am saying this disgusting homophobic attack had nothing to with Khan.The only people resposile for this crime are those who commited the crime..

You sound like one of those parents who blame everthing on others and maybe if they had a skateboarding park..

Give me a break :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jesus your rage is causing you to become unable to comprehend my post...try again and come back to me.

Ill make it easier,majority of the blame lies on the scumbags who did it,then the blame comes down on a mayor whos let one of the most multi-cultural,cosmopoliton,progressive and liberal cities in the world turn into a cesspit where these kind of attacks happen.

All because hes like yourself,too busy crying and virtue signalling instead of taking action,youre not in a place to affect change in London,but Khan is and hes failed miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Tell me one time you have seen a straight couple being attacked for not putting on a preformance for them.Betweeen South Africa ..Botswana ..germany ..Holland never seen it.

The more this behaviour is normanlised the more common it will become

We should run a poll to see if anyone has heard of it before either in the case of gay or heterosexual couples. Let's hope it's not a new 'thing', that would be a horrible development.
    Very nasty experience for the women but it's not just that either, although that is bad enough. But imo it also puts the frighteners on other gay couples making them more nervous of holding hands, snuggling close together, being openly together. Somehow I don't think boy/girl couples will feel the same fear. And that's partly why I think it's worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I haven't seen evidence it wasn't a racist attack. Muslim men looking down on white western women and trying to get them to act like the whores they see them as.

As someone else pointed out, surely it would've been a homophobic attack if they got attacked for kissing!

Manys a man has got a beating defending his girlfriend from scum asking to "show us your tits" kind of comments.
    I agree that still a male/female couple would feel safer than a gay couple but that really shouldnt be happening in place like London in this day and age.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Tell me one time you have seen a straight couple being attacked for not putting on a preformance for them.Betweeen South Africa ..Botswana ..germany ..Holland never seen it.

The more this behaviour is normanlised the more common it will become

scumbags do all sorts of things, whenever other couples are the victims of crime is it suddenly hetrophobia ?

• Advertisement

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Manys a man has got a beating defending his girlfriend from scum asking to "show us your tits" kind of comments.

not possible according to the experts here, and if it did happen it would have to be branded as hetrophobic and make international headlines according to their logic.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Still dodging the question, you stated multiple times that the motivation wasn't homophobic, the police are calling it as such, so where is your evidence that they are wrong.

Where have I stated that ? I stated I don't know what the scumbags motivation was, and no evidence has been presented that their motivation was homophobic. Calling a crime homophobic, is not proof that the actual motive was homophobia.

Nobelium wrote: »
    not possible according to the experts here, and if it did happen it would have to be branded as hetrophobic according to their logic

They'll be asking for sources,statistics and news reports for proof.
    Of course there is none because it not newsworthy.

In fairness man im on the side of homophobic attack here my issue is howin the hell it can happen in a place like London this day and age.
    My brother left Ireland as a gay man to live in London because of the crap he dealt with here and thank god hes never once experienced anything like these 2 women have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

Jesus your rage is causing you to become unable to comprehend my post...try again and come back to me.

Ill make it easier,majority of the blame lies on the scumbags who did it,then the blame comes down on a mayor whos let one of the most multi-cultural,cosmopoliton,progressive and liberal cities in the world turn into a cesspit where these kind of attacks happen.

All because hes like yourself,too busy crying and virtue signalling instead of taking action,youre not in a place to affect change in London,but Khan is and hes failed miserably.
    I dont feel rage But I am pissed that you feel in codeming this attack you think I am crying..and virtue signallling .When did Ireland become a country when you couldn't condem this attack without these ridiculos lables

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

looks staged
    lesbians just havent tasted D yet. daddy issues
    why are they posing for photos just after being attacked? world famous now. walke up people. total scam.

What's your problem with lesbians?

• Advertisement

I dont feel rage But I am pissed that you feel in codeming this attack you think I am crying..and virtue signallling .When did Ireland become a country when you couldn't condem this attack without these ridiculos lables

Moaning when a poster points out that the mayor of London(whos the head of police)might have done more to help prevent these attacks...crying wah brown muslim did it sarcastically is virtue signalling and being blind to the idea that theres more at play here than just a few scum beating up women because they were gay.

You dont care about why this happened or how we can stop it happening again,all you care about is showing how virtous you are on an anonymous message board for others to see.
    Fcuking sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

Where have I stated that ? I stated I don't know what the scumbags motivation was, and no evidence has been presented that their motivation was homophobic. Calling a crime homophobic, is not proof that the actual motive was homophobia.

Did you even read the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I agree that still a male/female couple would feel safer than a gay couple but that really shouldnt be happening in place like London in this day and age.

You're right there about guys defending their girlfriends but that is slightly different to forcing him to perform with his girlfriend for other's amusement.
    And I agree that London is going down the drain and those in charge better start having a zero tolerance approach or do something to stop the rot.

Mrsmum wrote: »
    You're right there about guys defending their girlfriends but that is slightly different to forcing him to perform with his girlfriend for other's amusement.
    And I agree that London is going down the drain and those in charge better start having a zero tolerance approach or do something to stop the rot.

Couldnt agree more,but its the closest i can think for a hetero couple getting into bother with scum like those who carried out the attack.

Allinall wrote: »
    Did you even read the article?

quote the part that proves their motivation for the attack was homophobia and not just scumbag behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mrsmum wrote: »

Ensure block voting or crack down on things like this.

Hard choice for Khan, he knows what side his bread is buttered on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

There's something iffy about this story. Sure, if it's true, being beaten up on a bus is nasty, but there are many fights and assaults all over the UK every night of the week. What makes this one so important that I hear about it on the hourly news bulletin of an Irish radio station?

It also shows how un-independent the various news sellers really are, and even suggests that a highly centralised source is guiding all news. Somebody somewhere obviously thought this was a good Gays as Victims story, so they made sure it reached all the major news outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Release the tape I say. Sometimes women react and draw first blood simply through principle and then pay the price. Need to be streetwise, look at the situation and know it's best to smile and say nothing.
    Not saying that's what happened but the police and bus operator have the tape and should release it.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What a f*cking toxic cesspit of a forum this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    What? This has nothing to do with religious beliefs. The men wanted the women to put on a show for them. When they refused they beat them. So not just a homophobic attack, a misogynistic one too from men who think that women exist for their titillation, and who don't like to be told no

Sounds like a religion!

So your saying that the police are incorrectly labeling the crime, where's your evidence of this?

So your saying that the police are incorrectly labeling the crime, where's your evidence of this?

so your saying . . .

What I said was I don't know what the scumbags motivation was, and no evidence has been presented that their motivation was homophobic. Calling a crime homophobic, is not proof that the actual motive was homophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

When will the name of the 18 yo "man" be released so he can "man-up" on the streets in front of his family and friends.
    Release his name and address!! Make it easy for karma to find him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mdk_kdm

Has this proven to be fake yet?

so your saying . . .

What I said was I don't know what the scumbags motivation was, and no evidence has been presented that their motivation was homophobic. Calling a crime homophobic, is not proof that the actual motive was homophobia.

So your still trying to dodge the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

would thete be the same media outrage if it were just 2 women, not partners, not gay?

So your still trying to dodge the question.

nope, just stating the fact : no evidence has been presented yet that their motivation was homophobic - Got any yet ?

nope, just stating the fact : no evidence has been presented yet that their motivation was homophobic - Got any yet ?

Got any evidence that the police are labeling the crime incorrectly, that's what the question was, your still dodging it.

• Advertisement

would thete be the same media outrage if it were just 2 women, not partners, not gay?

I'd say so, but you wouldn't have the same level of interest from some posters.

Advertisement