Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

Highly processed breakfast cereals, dude. They say you should eat like how your grandparents would have eaten - porridge, brown bread, the odd boiled egg for the breakfast. Would keep you regular enough.

Then at the weekend you can have 12 pints, a kebab, and half a pig worth’s of a fry knowing you’ll be back on the basics come Monday morning.

Where's that, buddy? Every culture claims to have the superior method of polishing the sheriff's badge. You even have some absolutely deluded Indians who claim the left hand, front to back "scoop" method is superior. Vile.

Was in Japan a few years back on important company business. Unbelievable country, brilliant food, lovely people, decent beer by Asian standards, and overall a great spot. I was a big fan of the smart toilets as well - the unpleasant odour button, the heated seat (ok when it's caused by machine, and not some fat cúnt before you), the 6 cleansing options (Front, rear, pulse, vibrate, oscillate, autofind) with different water temperatures.

That said, I never finished a movement without a final dab with toilet paper. Even the finest Toto Washlet is unable to deal with the potential spread and general unpleasantness that results from a night eating fried octopus balls and sinking 10 pints of Guinness in O'Hara's of Tokyo. No sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Can I ask you, do you have your own “hole drying” towel or is there a communal one for the family hanging on a rail beside the hand towel?

I’ve heard tell that people just use toilet paper to dry themselves after but that’s got to be a nightmare for cling-ons and dangleberries.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Max Maxwell

I had the misfortune to **** myself the other day. I was walking back from doing some grocery shopping and about 10 mins away from home I knew I was in trouble. A few meters from the front door I lost control of my sphincter muscle.

Dropped the shopping and the trousers, pointed my arse in the direction of the toilet and the scutters took over. Ended up mostly missing the toilet and painting the wall and floor brown.

Thankfully the bathroom is fully tiled so it was easy enough to clean. Ended up throwing out the jocks. Out of pure luck I was wearing jeans instead of shorts, otherwise the hall carpet and my shoes might need replacing. The jeans need a wash also.

I look back on it and think how i could have done things differently. For example I stopped to pet a cat for maybe 15 seconds on the way back (around 4 mins from home). Those 15 seconds could have saved the jocks.

They were a nice pair of boxers from Old Navy, pretty new, only worn a few times. Navy with beer glasses or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ericfartman

**** on the floor, Be a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Hmmm not quite up to thread standard, mate. Maybe think about the quality of your “output” next time.

Thanks for the feedback, pal.

Maybe you should go and **** yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fcuking grouting will always have that ‘sepia brown’ staining, bro.

Get the tilers in.

I was a bit worried about that, but seems okay so far. Will keep an eye out for staining, thanks for the heads up, dude.

Welcome, bro, just another heads up, you don’t need to lose a good set of jocks after shïtting them.

Hang em out on the line, magpies will do the heavy lifting, good steep and hand wash should take care of the residue.

Left a well splattered unit hanging out recently and the forkhing maggers had every winnitt cleared in an hour.

Greedy kernts.

• Advertisement

More great advice, will bear it in mind if it happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just use good quality paper to dry off and you have a lovely clean arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Slideways

A friends son is doing a part time job cleaning in the airport here. They are lying decent money apparently.

Out of curiosity I asked him to monitor toilet paper usage. He has come back with definitive numbers

Women:Men toilet paper use is 5:1

That’s an extraordinary discrepancy.

1) are women overly fussy when cleaning the meat cheerio

2) why do the need to use toilet paper after a whizz. Surely a quick shake of the lettuce leaves would do the same job?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

No one has time for that palaver.

Get a good boil going on an old soup pot, good shake of Surf, a splash of Parazone and fire them in for half an hour.

Agitate regularly with a salad tongs.

Bendar should head into Guineys. 6 pairs of 46” y-fronts for a tenner in the shop spoiled bin.

The fuuherke…!!…. the ones with the amber sheen around ground zero?

Some sweaty kernt from the corduroy counter probably had them on for a few days and didn’t bother shaking the knob after a pïss.

Just let her ‘drain naturally’ and end up with a bronze sheen around the cluster like under the tail of a Schnauzer dog.

Unhygienic kernts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Can I just say after some difficult movement that I support the currant-thing?

Can’t remember the brand but I tried the pomogranate one, no-go indeed cramps; unshiftable *groan* I then took the scattergun approach with the prunes leaving a right awful mess in my wake but the currant juice I just sluiced one on out. Recommended..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Grouptherapy

While I think the idea of letting the magpies do the heavy lifting is genius it might not work if say you live on the 4th floor and couldn't really hang soiled jocks out like some kind of bait for them - they may not bother anyway due to easier pickings around the communal wheelie bins.

No in this case the hot-pot method may be a better option. Maybe scrape any items with the back of a table knife first to speed things up.

Good call G.

You have made a very good point, and I apologise for not adding a rider that the tactic may not be suitable for apartements

I mean how could a lad hang out a set of Calvin’s with a crotch area like a ‘ burnt pizza’ with Agnetha in the next balcony looking on in horror.

Please accept my apologies.

Your washing line must look like a burnt out Dominos franchise if that’s the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I tend to drink more lager as the warmer months arrive, I have no idea why. But the stout gets mildly abandoned once Bealtaine arrives. This invariably leads to less distinctive odours in the morning and I might add a more Chestnut or Amber hue to my skidmarks, as opposed to the streaks of dark marbled lines of ancient Ogham that traditional don the upper rear walls of both my Jacks and my Y-fronts during the darker months.

I managed to knock out a fairly encouraging douse of dark brown crap this morning. I had eaten a lot of McCambridge's bread this week, laced handsomely with butter and Blackcurrant Jam. I managed to knock back about 5 1/2 litres of Karpackie last night in my back garden. Really nice feeling and fell into bed listening to 1980's love songs, quite sublime really. I woke this morning with a lovely long low toned fart, pure bass trumpet. It stank of yesterdays Beef Bourguignon, which I ate with Gherkin and boiled rice. I almost slightly followed through. Dumped an appalling smelling... but quite exquisite Barry all over the downstairs facilities. A thunderous affair, which dropped I think at least 3 stupendous logs in one movement, almost a clean drop.

I feel so alive after it.

Sounds like things are going really well in your life. A message of quiet contentment. I think that's the main thing about this thread: someone can arrive here struggling, get sound advice and support, maybe post an update - but never afraid to celebrate the little victories.

Good call Doc, bit bound recently but pleased to report a ripe discharge of loose sludge into the pan this a.m..

I put it down to an intake of prune juice which accounted for the soft dark brown colour of the runnel and the texture of a underdone cottage pie to the sludge.

Heard senior citizens can get extremely bound up, so well done to you for being proactive about it.

I like to keep it fresh….

Down on the west coast for the last fortnight working remotely. Lots of sea swimming, fresh air, simple home-cooked food, 10 hours sleep, no television or radio. Very relaxing and meditative experience, and my bowel movements have been top notch as a result - cornetto shaped for the most part which is unusual, and with very little logistics required to dispatch.

Headed into Galway city last night for 12 pints and a visit to the Charcoal Grill for a kebab. Absolute carnage this morning - shelved most of it, nearly wore the brush out, took a small forest worth of paper, had to check if there was a bag of frozen peas in the freezer for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Has there even been a phrase coined to describe the phenomenon I like to call a ‘reverse sneeze?’ Having come in from a 20 mile run last night I almost suffered the indignity of getting “caught short” and blew my arse out over the bowl as soon as I got home.

Sad to say the effects of excess sweat on a more-humid-than-normal Saturday evening, and holding my foot on the clutch for about five miles, meant that there was some stainage on my crisp white Adidas climacool running shorts. I ended up washing, drying and binning them, vowing never to rely on the inner-mesh lining for anything like protection again. Decorative purposes only.

As for the bombsite in the toilet, I lit a small fire and urged my partner to stay out for at least three hours. I spent the rest of the evening nursing a large cup of tea, lost in thought and prayer. Regret.

Stay safe everyone.

Sluiced out a ‘ Barrack Buster’ on a flight back from ‘Europe’ after a very important business trip.

Normally don’t evacuate on planes but the rich food must have brought her ‘on’ early.

Anyway fcuker just sat on the aluminium like a beached seal, very little water to come down but lot of ‘suckage’.

Toyed with the idea of leaving her there for the next client but eventually nudged her onto the flap with the corner of my passport.

Some ‘jobsworth’ must have forgotten to top up the planes non potable water system.

Bit of a rank bang reared up about half an hour later

Fohkking kernts.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Fair play Brendan.

Hope you managed to get passport cleaned up before presenting your credentials to the po-faced officer at immigration.

• Advertisement

To be honest Mr G there was ‘malice aforethought’ in that action.

Approached a fcuker in the booth, big GAA head on him, puffed up with power.

Took the passport and eyeballed me, went thru the pages, queried the Pakistan visa as usual, but then licked the finger to turn the page!!!

Nearly blew the nutpurse with suppressed laughter as he handed it back to me.

Popped her into the ‘top shelf’ of the dishwasher with the plates and out she came clean as the Popes jocks.

Bit faded…….but hey…..

Good times

Advertisement