Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tedhastings13

In what range is your merit number?

30-40

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tedhastings13

Toots123 wrote: »
    How long did it take for your vetting?

Sent it away a good 2/3 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kw19

Sent it away a good 2/3 months ago

Did you receive an email to confirm your vetting had passed? I’m only a few behind you in the merit list so hopefully I’ll hear back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

30-40

Ahh, I know they are up to around 100 in the September intake. That’ll give you an idea of how many are awaiting vetting, PCA pass, failed medical or otherwise deferring etc.

Kw19 wrote: »
    Did you receive an email to confirm your vetting had passed? I’m only a few behind you in the merit list so hopefully I’ll hear back soon

You will get an email confirming it’s done. Get an Experian premium account and check the searches on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kw19

Ahh, I know they are up to around 100 in the September intake. That’ll give you an idea of how many are awaiting vetting, PCA pass, failed medical or otherwise deferring etc.

You will get an email confirming it’s done. Get an Experian premium account and check the searches on your account

How long after your credit check did it take for the vetting to pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Kw19 wrote: »
    How long after your credit check did it take for the vetting to pass?

4 weeks after!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

PCA in the bag! Woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

MidwifeN wrote: »
    PCA in the bag! Woo!

Well done,big hurdle out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevo3344

Hey long time lurker Im in the fast tracked group merit list 40-50 just missed out on the september intake as my vetting only cleared around two weeks ago. Just enquiring if anyone knows if and when calls for October intake will be coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

stevo3344 wrote: »
    Hey long time lurker Im in the fast tracked group merit list 40-50 just missed out on the september intake as my vetting only cleared around two weeks ago. Just enquiring if anyone knows if and when calls for October intake will be coming out?

Well done so far!! I’ve heard calls for October could be August some time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

MidwifeN wrote: »
    PCA in the bag! Woo!

Well done! Did you do it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GAK1

PCA test done and dusted ! ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

GAK1 wrote: »
    PCA test done and dusted ! ðŸ‘

Well done,did you find it difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SAPY

Just passed I didn't find it bad just that 3rd lap the air is so dry throat gets sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NI2019

Getting very ahead of myself here but ML in the 900's, anyone got any ideas of a PCA invite timescale for a score in this bracket? Hope it isn't too long but from what I've read from the last campaign, it makes me think it could be a fair wee while yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bellebelfast

NI2019 wrote: »
    Getting very ahead of myself here but ML in the 900's, anyone got any ideas of a PCA invite timescale for a score in this bracket? Hope it isn't too long but from what I've read from the last campaign, it makes me think it could be a fair wee while yet...[/quote

When u find out let me know im in that bracket. I'm hoping not 2 soon I wrecked my ankle 3 weeks and no training has been done in that time . I'm hoping another week I be on the treadmill again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NI2019

Getting very ahead of myself here but ML in the 900's, anyone got any ideas of a PCA invite timescale for a score in this bracket? Hope it isn't too long but from what I've read from the last campaign, it makes me think it could be a fair wee while yet...[/quote

When u find out let me know im in that bracket. I'm hoping not 2 soon I wrecked my ankle 3 weeks and no training has been done in that time . I'm hoping another week I be on the treadmill again.

Sorry to hear! Hope it gets better soon. I've been completely neglecting the training, need to step it up! Just curious as to how long it might take to progress to PCA so I know how long I have haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Itsthebartman

Any idea as to what bracket we are onto on the Merit List?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Any idea as to what bracket we are onto on the Merit List?

For which part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Itsthebartman

YNWA27 wrote: »
    For which part?

For the PCA? I’m currently lingering at the 730-750 mark.

• Advertisement

YNWA27 wrote: »
    For which part?

For the PCA? I’m currently lingering at the 730-750 mark.

Only on 320 or so bud

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Treebeard4345

Getting very ahead of myself here but ML in the 900's, anyone got any ideas of a PCA invite timescale for a score in this bracket? Hope it isn't too long but from what I've read from the last campaign, it makes me think it could be a fair wee while yet...
    If going off the 1710 campaign when I did my PCA a few months back it was mixed with people from 1710 and us and I think their ML no was up around the 900's same with medical

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Unperturbed Zero

Hi guys - inbound message of "I am pleased to advise that we have now reached the band that includes your score" .. and that I can expect a PCA date shortly.

Merit list 438-461

That ML bracket is breaking my OCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I'm currently waiting on a PCA date although I think it will be a good wait

ML is 879.63 - 901.29

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Anyone else hear anything about progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevo3344

Any fast track people hoping for a call within the next few weeks for October intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Treebeard4345

stevo3344 wrote: »
    Any fast track people hoping for a call within the next few weeks for October intake?

Im not FT (ML 100-120) but ive passed everything so im hoping for a call for oct or it could be abit of a wait, who knows really lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Troyboy123

Anyone know what type of training is best to prepare for PCA? I am running and am quite fit, but I just want to be prepared better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

Troyboy123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what type of training is best to prepare for PCA? I am running and am quite fit, but I just want to be prepared better.

The wall requires upper body strength. Running is a good base, I would recommend push ups and burpees, these will be part of the ongoing fitness tests in garnerville so the sooner you start the easier your training will be.

Advertisement