Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

dave13 wrote: »
    Do you want them as a text file on your PC or for transfer to another phone?
    "SMS backup+" backs up all your messages to your gmail account, or "SMS Backup & restore" backs up your messages to an xml file which can be reimported to a new phone.

Thanks. Are those apps or software for computer?

He just wants to have an electronic copy and to be able to print them off if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

TheBunk1 wrote: »

Thanks. Are those apps or software for computer?

He just wants to have an electronic copy and to be able to print them off if needed.

They will back up to his Google account so he can print them off like an Email, if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Now rolling out in Europe with CID codes HTC_044. I myself have CID HTC_001, which is the UK as far as I know, nothing yet for me.

How about ye guys with unbranded One X's bought in the republic? What CID codes do ye have?

To check CID, download "Terminal Emulator" off the store and enter "getprop ro.cid".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

mine is branded and CID is O2___001

I cannot wait for the Jelly bean update. I have been watching the threads on XDA and dying a little on the inside :-(

I have been on CM10 3 times at this stage but always switch back to Sense Roms because they are so much more stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

nedd wrote: »
    mine is branded and CID is O2___001

I cannot wait for the Jelly bean update. I have been watching the threads on XDA and dying a little on the inside :-(

I have been on CM10 3 times at this stage but always switch back to Sense Roms because they are so much more stable.

Same. The CM roms have a few dirty hacks affecting the stability since theres no JB kernel source yet. But ill miss things from JB too :(
    My CIDS H3G_001. DAMN YOU 3!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Same. The CM roms have a few dirty hacks affecting the stability since theres no JB kernel source yet. But ill miss things from JB too :(
    My CIDS H3G_001. DAMN YOU 3!!!

Same here. The phone was left alone in all other regards, why not just leave it with one of the main CIDs? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

So once we update to Jelly Bean flash players will not work in any browser? Can someone clarify this for me please?

flugel wrote: »
    So once we update to Jelly Bean flash players will not work in any browser? Can someone clarify this for me please?

Still works in firefox if the aosp builds are anything to go by.
    Have to sideload the flash apk though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Flash still works just not supported. It wil never work in chrome. You may not install from play store. So look up for the apk and install that. Flash will then work in Firefox, and, for me, stock browser.apk although I'm not on sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone have the update?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Can anyone recommend a decent car mount for the One X?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The official one is grand, haven't had any problems with it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Zascar wrote: »

I have a brodit pro clip in my car and it's the job.
    Expensive, but well worth it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

I got this one,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380418135689&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IE:3160#ht_500wt_1180

Hasn't lost suction since I got it, which was the beginning of May this year. Very quick to put the phone in - just a quick flip. And you can then easily rotate the phone left or right when it's mounted for using different apps or car mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SteM

I picked up one of these and am delighted with it. Bit expensive but it automatically turns 'car mode' on which is what I was looking for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008I37K7C/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anybody else have GPS issues with the One X? I used it a few times over the last week when walking and it tells me I walked a maximum speed of 50km/h or so. This happened with the My Tracks app. I tried the same on a Galaxy S II and I had no such problems.

Could this be a software fault or is it a hardware issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Guys, anyone experiencing the screen flicker issue with the One S?

It's apparently pretty common with the One X but I've just sold an as-new 3-week-old One S that I didn't need (have a Galaxy Note as my main phone) and the buyer is telling me that the screen is flickering on light grey/white backgrounds.

I can't say I noticed it myself but then I hardly used it so probably wouldn't have anyway.

Anyone seen this happening on theirs?

Anyone updated to JB yet? HTC__001 here, no go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SteM

dahamsta wrote: »
    Anyone updated to JB yet? HTC__001 here, no go.

Nope, tired of waiting for it. My next phone will be a nexus.

• Advertisement

Nothing here either. I knew the end of October was too good to be true.

Anybody get the Jellybean update yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Diairist

anyone's maps acting up? Mine shows squares of the map which flicker on & off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lertsnim wrote: »
    Anybody else have GPS issues with the One X? I used it a few times over the last week when walking and it tells me I walked a maximum speed of 50km/h or so. This happened with the My Tracks app. I tried the same on a Galaxy S II and I had no such problems.

Could this be a software fault or is it a hardware issue?

Yeah, have had the same thing when out cycling. It tends to happen when I stationary mostly though.

Never happened with my Galaxy Nexus.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Anybody get the Jellybean update yet?

According to Xda, the roll out has been delayed as they are fixing some bugs they discovered following its release in Taiwan. Middle of the month now, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

can anyone point me in the direction of installing custom roms on a mac have it rooted and all but did that on a friends windows machine

really want to give cm10 a go

can anyone point me in the direction of installing custom roms on a mac have it rooted and all but did that on a friends windows machine

really want to give cm10 a go

If it's already rooted I don't see what would be the difference with using mac over windows.

Get the Rom zip and Gapps zip and flash them.

tok9 wrote: »

If it's already rooted I don't see what would be the difference with using mac over windows.

Get the Rom zip and Gapps zip and flash them.

But you need adb and fast boot to flash kernel. Hint: go to xda-developers.com, then forum, then HTC one x. Many guides and ROMs there.

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    But you need adb and fast boot to flash kernel. Hint: go to xda-developers.com, then forum, then HTC one x. Many guides and ROMs there.

Oh right, I thought you already had those when you rooted

Dubhaltach wrote: »

ive been on there all morning and they are all guides for windows only guide i can find for mac is this and it says to just flash in recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1592922

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not sure if anyone here can help or not. I smashed the screen of my One X & im looking for a place to get it fixed. Preferably Wicklow/south Dublin area.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone here can help or not. I smashed the screen of my One X & im looking for a place to get it fixed. Preferably Wicklow/south Dublin area.

Cheers

Cracked the glass on mine yesterday and I'm finding it very difficult to find someone who'll repair it. Half considered buying the digitizer from eBay, but was warned that most are poor quality fakes and the task of replacing it is awkward enough, also there's lots of people warning against it owing to reports of some very heavily bonded screens. I'm looking at sending it to HTC but it'll cost around 175 sterling. Which is steep. I'm lucky in that it's cracked just on the border and doesn't extend to the screen but it is a weakness that could prove problematic.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I ended up getting this one: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170877722749#ht_4836wt_2614 - got good reviews and it's pretty cheap. I'll let you know how it goes..

managed to get cm10 running what a difference it makes to the phone love it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Is a custom rom much better than say the htc sense version? I like the 'car mode' on the phone as it is but stuff like HTC locations annoy the hell out of me (no way to get the phone to use google maps as default navigation in car mode )

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I hear so much about all these custom roms. I would consider switching, but only if there will be either NO impact on battery life, or if I'd get better battery.

Can anyone advise?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

LakesKeane wrote: »
    (no way to get the phone to use google maps as default navigation in car mode )
    Check out "Select Other Map for HTC"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tw.kenshinn.htccalendarfilter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Not using Google Navigation in car mode doesn't sound right.

I agree with the above poster about using 'Select Other Map' when finding locations from Contacts etc and not having to use HTC Locations but Google Navigation was always there from the start as my default navigation in Car Mode.
    2012-11-10_10-54-44.png?w=510
    Scroll to the left twice and you get more Google Navigation options.
    2012-11-10_10-55-311.png?w=510
    Also, with the Sense update 4.1, anything you add to your Music Apps appears in car mode - so you can put anything you like in there to get access to when in car mode by scrolling to the right
    2012-11-10_10-54-52.png?w=510

• Advertisement

http://www.htc.com/www/help/android41faq/

Reading between the lines here, it looks like jelly bean is still going to be a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

gavinjc wrote: »
    Not using Google Navigation in car mode doesn't sound right.

2012-11-10_10-54-44.png?w=510

You have Mastadon....there is no need for Navigation ;)

polaris68 wrote: »
    http://www.htc.com/www/help/android41faq/

Reading between the lines here, it looks like jelly bean is still going to be a while.

They really are hopeless

Ah Balls. I really want it. My phone is not rooted but am I right in saying if I do root it I can get a custom rom with jelly bean?
    Any recommendations of good ones, and a guide to do it from start to finish for a noob?

Ah Balls. I really want it. My phone is not rooted but am I right in saying if I do root it I can get a custom rom with jelly bean?
    Any recommendations of good ones, and a guide to do it from start to finish for a noob?

Depends on your phones ID.
    If you have an unlocked international one then you might be able. If you got from any carrier here then probably not :( (Like me. Screw you 3 -_-)

Hmmm how do I check? I got it from 02 but it's not branded might just be sim free

• Advertisement

If you root you can change your CID. Go to xda-forum, browse to your handset, read the guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

If you root you can change your CID. Go to xda-forum, browse to your handset, read the guide.

Unfortunately there's still no S-OFF for the HOX so it's not possible to change the CID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I'm not sure that is true. I think you can only change your CID if your phone is S-OFF. The majority of One X's are S-ON...

If I'm wrong please tell me because I want to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

gavinjc wrote: »
    2012-11-10_10-54-52.png?w=510

Thanks very much Gavin! That HUD looks impressive! will be trying that out tonight:cool:

lord lucan wrote: »
    Unfortunately there's still no S-OFF for the HOX so it's not possible to change the CID.

You're right, I'm thinking of my last handset, I bought my HOX SIM-free because O2 screwed me on an upgrade, hence HTC__001; apologies to the previous poster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement