Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Picked up my One X this morning, tis a beauty, looking forward now to pimping the 5h1t out of it now

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Just seen on Techradar the one x reportedly getting Jellybean in October. Link. Fingers crossed that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭motownman

Have my One X since April.

Brilliant phone accept for wifi. It was pretty good until I got the last firmware update (2.17.401.2). Now it drops the wifi if I am more than 4 metres away from the router.

Hopefully, they will issue a firmware update with the Jelly Bean roll out that sorts this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

motownman wrote: »

Brilliant phone accept for wifi. It was pretty good until I got the last firmware update (2.17.401.2). Now it drops the wifi if I am more than 4 metres away from the router.

Hopefully, they will issue a firmware update with the Jelly Bean roll out that sorts this problem.

Pretty sure it's a hardware fault. Press lightly between the camera and the volume button and see if your WiFi strength increases, if so, tis a hardware problem.

heads up, just accepted an OTA android & HTC sense ui update,

stuck in infinite bootloop now :-/

unlocked bootloader & rooted, but stock rom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

motownman wrote: »

Pretty sure it's a hardware fault. Press lightly between the camera and the volume button and see if your WiFi strength increases, if so, tis a hardware problem.

My WiFi kinda jumps up and down a lot without moving, not very reliable at times when I'm a bit away from router. Main prob I find is the odd time when on a strong connection even, nothing works on WiFi until I disconnect and connect to it again, then works fine.

Thankfully I don't think I have the hardware prob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Stuxnet wrote: »
    heads up, just accepted an OTA android & HTC sense ui update,

stuck in infinite bootloop now :-/

unlocked bootloader & rooted, but stock rom...

Did you have it plugged in when you updated, there's a warning not to, think a few people had issues like this when the 4.04 update arrived.

dave13 wrote: »
    Did you have it plugged in when you updated, there's a warning not to, think a few people had issues like this when the 4.04 update arrived.
    no man,

thankfully I had a nandroid backup.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got the 4.0.4 ota update on my Vodafone branded one X today.
    Only had to wait 6 weeks.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭thomasj

Looks like there's an upgraded one x coming!..................

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_makes_an_appearance_in_an_o2_uk_brochure_-news-4868.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

thomasj wrote: »

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_makes_an_appearance_in_an_o2_uk_brochure_-news-4868.php

Not impressed with HTC on this one. Bad form to get a lot of people on long term contracts then announce a more high end phone.

Wan***s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    thomasj wrote: »

Not impressed with HTC on this one. Bad form to get a lot of people on long term contracts then announce a more high end phone.

Wan***s
    Phone company in new model shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Phone company in new model shocker.

But it isn't a new model, it's just an iteration on the current phone. A bit annoying really.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Same as the iPhone so :D

Don't mind companies releasing new models 6 months after original is launched, it just better get updated to 4.1 pretty quickly or my next phone will be a samsung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

My (unbranded) one X is at 4.0.4 after a download this morning.

Which i presume is a pecursor to JellyBean.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nothing availabel on mine. Any rough idea how long until the jellybean update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Zascar wrote: »
    Nothing availabel on mine. Any rough idea how long until the jellybean update?

Rumours say October for unbranded phones , UK + Ireland with be 2 - 3 weeks late as usual+ another 3 - 4 weeks for branded roms... If your unlocked tho you should be running jellybean before Halloween :)

wernstrom! wrote: »
    My (unbranded) one X is at 4.0.4 after a download this morning.

Which i presume is a pecursor to JellyBean.

I've been at 4.04 for months. Isn't it just the Sense 4.1 update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

I've been at 4.04 for months. Isn't it just the Sense 4.1 update?

You're probably thinking of 4.0.3. 404 was only out maybe 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just dropped my one x on the carpet here at work (carpet tiles) from waist hieght as i took it out of my pocket and the screen shattered on impact. :(

pretty sure i took out insurance with meteor when i got it, so we'll have to see how that goes.

need to get the wifi issue sorted and get the camera lens replaced anyway, so hopefully get a job lot.

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    You're probably thinking of 4.0.3. 404 was only out maybe 2 months.

Definitely on 4.04.

By Mat Smith posted Aug 10th 2012 8:53AM

If you thought the One X's capacitive button layout jarred with the Ice Cream Sandwich experience you saw on the Galaxy Nexus, you'll like what HTC's just told us. An update to version 4.0.4, launching today, will allow users to map menu functionality to the lower right 'recent app' key, while it will also treat its owners to white balance and continuous autofocus improvements within its well-received camera app. Expect a handful of stability improvements as well as a dedicated tab switcher for the built-in browser -- if you haven't already made the leap to Chrome. According to HTC, the update for the international iteration rolls out today, with the AT&T version already doing the rounds. The full statement's included below. Let us know how you get on.

The 4.0.4. bundled with sense 4.1 only came out in August, on the international HOX. Any chance you're on the XL or S?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

I had my HTC One X in my back pocket when I sat on it on Friday night. Screen also shattered on "impact" :eek: Good job I don't have self confidence issues.. Anywho, just wondering if anybody on here has gone about repairing a screen themselves and if so, how difficult a job is it? Talking glass screen and LCD display here..

Cheers

stuck on the CM10 jb 4.1.1 nightlie for my One X, stunning isn't the word ! awesome rom, and haven't had one stability issue since installing last Thursday !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

stuck on the CM10 jb 4.1.1 nightlie for my One X, stunning isn't the word ! awesome rom, and haven't had one stability issue since installing last Thursday !

I was on CM10 for a good while but missed the Beats sound of Sense. I tried all of the Beats mods out there and just couldn't get music to sound as good.

I do miss CM10 though.

nedd wrote: »
    I was on CM10 for a good while but missed the Beats sound of Sense. I tried all of the Beats mods out there and just couldn't get music to sound as good.

I do miss CM10 though.

hmm fair point, never occurred to me about losing beats, I haven't used it as a music player tho, so I'm not too bothered ! must keep an eye out for re-integration of it in the future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hmm fair point, never occurred to me about losing beats, I haven't used it as a music player tho, so I'm not too bothered ! must keep an eye out for re-integration of it in the future :)

Mike1986 and Football over at XDA have been hinting that a Sense JB ROM is due very soon. They've had a test ROM working but with no radio.

I listen to music on my commute to and from work and really miss Beats when I don't have it. I am a couple of weeks back on ARHD now and I'm thinking of switching again but then i will remember why i miss beats :-(

• Advertisement

nedd wrote: »
    I listen to music on my commute to and from work and really miss Beats when I don't have it. I am a couple of weeks back on ARHD now and I'm thinking of switching again but then i will remember why i miss beats :-(

are you using the htc headphones or do you need beats headphones also, those headphones that came with the phone are very uncomfortable I find

are you using the htc headphones or do you need beats headphones also, those headphones that came with the phone are very uncomfortable I find

I'm using my own headphones. I just find the sound with the Beats Sound Enhancer on the phone enabled is better that any other phone i have had before, and Sense roms have better sound that other non sense roms. Maybe thats just a personal thing though.

I was just looking around XDA there and it looks like there are some Sense JB Roms available now. Only problem is you have to unlock your bootloader and other steps to get them, once you install Sense JB you can't go back to ICS....

Jellybean update for unbranded One X & S to be rolled out this month.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/2/3442628/htc-one-x-one-s-jelly-bean-release-date-october

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Was looking at the Galaxy note 2 and I see there a feature where you can use 2 apps at the same time,is there any rom on the onex that does this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi guys,
    Just got a HTC One X and want to learn about how to make more of the phone in terms of performance etc...

Complete noob here when it comes to rooting, modding or installing custom Roms.

First of all I just want to unlock my phone. Is rooting the first step in any sort of modification?

What have people here done to their phones to make it that bit better. I'd like to read some info about the process before doing it also

cheers

Hi guys,
    Just got a HTC One X and want to learn about how to make more of the phone in terms of performance etc...

Complete noob here when it comes to rooting, modding or installing custom Roms.

First of all I just want to unlock my phone. Is rooting the first step in any sort of modification?

What have people here done to their phones to make it that bit better. I'd like to read some info about the process before doing it also

cheers

By unlock do you mean bootliader or network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Eh maybe network? I want to begin my using another micro-sim in it. I'll pick these things up when I read more about them

Eh maybe network? I want to begin my using another micro-sim in it. I'll pick these things up when I read more about them

Yes, network. You'll need to go to your operator or get a code online. No root can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi

Moving my partner to a new HTC One X. How best transfer current apps + data from the old android phone? titanium backup? or can it be done via the installed apps in the play store?

Thanks in advance

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

can anyone point me to an idiots guide to root and unlock the bootloader on my vodafone one x

also how to install a few custom roms and the such looking for something to improve my battery life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

can anyone point me to an idiots guide to root and unlock the bootloader on my vodafone one x

also how to install a few custom roms and the such looking for something to improve my battery life

Simplest way is here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1577671

And there's a number of ROMS here with easy flashing instructions:http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1536

I use ARHD 9.7.2 and can't fault it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

FYI , I had the wireless issue on my One X.

Picked up by UPS and sent to HTC last Thursday and got it back yesterday.

No Wifi issues now :)

Also got new casing and screen so scratches all gone .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

The son's One S went for a prolonged swim last week in a soft drink leak disaster!

He did all the usual things to dry it out asap.

Working ok but goes mad every so often & buttons won't work, etc.

Does anyone know if (a) it's repairable (b) how much it's likely to be & (c) where would be the best place to leave it?

Thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Jellybean update for unbranded One X & S to be rolled out this month.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/2/3442628/htc-one-x-one-s-jelly-bean-release-date-october

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

They will keep us waiting till the 31st :) Still nothing here anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

keredern wrote: »
    The son's One S went for a prolonged swim last week in a soft drink leak disaster!

He did all the usual things to dry it out asap.

Working ok but goes mad every so often & buttons won't work, etc.

Does anyone know if (a) it's repairable (b) how much it's likely to be & (c) where would be the best place to leave it?

Thanks guys! :)

On a bus if it's insured ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

scudzilla wrote: »
    On a bus if it's insured ;)

Sadly, no insurance!!

keredern wrote: »
    Sadly, no insurance!!

insure it now carphone warehouse insurance is ok

insure it now carphone warehouse insurance is ok

Pretty sure that's illegal

Pretty sure that's illegal

is it i wasnt aware ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Anyone know of any good apps or software or other methods to transfer your text messages from HTC 1 to your PC?

I'm looking for this info for a friend, so I'm not familiar with this phone or Android.

Cheers

Do you want them as a text file on your PC or for transfer to another phone?
    "SMS backup+" backs up all your messages to your gmail account, or "SMS Backup & restore" backs up your messages to an xml file which can be reimported to a new phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement