Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is time to clean out the BBQ......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

After a brief sunny period following the lifting of the fog, it's fully overcast and dull again. A large north/south orientated bank of cloud has rapidly developed just inland of the entire east coast. Fingers crossed it's just a permanent feature as I need my sun fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

highdef wrote: »
    Air con must be on full blast if its 16c in the airport! LOL

North Kildare, fog is lifting quickly now. Sun is beginning to break through. Gonna be a lovely day for many. Calm at home but a bit of a breeze once I climb more than about 10m up either of the hills beside home.

Sorry about the typo, it was 21c inside the airport but 16c outside

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

What a cracker of a morning :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

What a cracker of a morning :)

Sure is, blue skies , calm and quiet, just got over 12C after a chilly low of 1.8C . Nice green hue appearing in the trees and hedges , leaves here a bit burnt after the recent cold windy weather but that is not unusual near the coast, they will recover in time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

For a supposedly mild day it's flipping chilly down here - keen wind spoiling the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭acequion

Clouding over a bit now in Tralee, but still really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Diving board on the prom in Salthill this morning. A lot of swimmers in the water, and someone in the distance out paddle boarding. I could get used to this weather 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

11c and partly sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

For a supposedly mild day it's flipping chilly down here - keen wind spoiling the day.

Where are you? I forget

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waterford City.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Stunning afternoon at Sutton. Making the most of it at the beach even if there’s somewhat of a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

There was a thunderstorm here in Barcelona an hour ago. Still very dark.

Edit: Raining again

Artane2002 wrote: »
    There was a thunderstorm here in Barcelona an hour ago. Still very dark.

Edit: Raining again

I see those storms on the satellite. Looks like you could have more thunderstorms going into the early night. You may well have a nice fireworks display later, ya lucky git if you do.
    https://en.sat24.com/HD/en/sp/visual

Meanwhile in North Kildare, it's still as dull as dishwater. And I'm still within a few km of the practically clear skies :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just back from the midlands, was nice and hazy warm sunshine there, now back in Meath and it's cooler and completely cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

highdef wrote: »
    I see those storms on the satellite. Looks like you could have more thunderstorms going into the early night. You may well have a nice fireworks display later, ya lucky git if you do.
    https://en.sat24.com/HD/en/sp/visual

Meanwhile in North Kildare, it's still as dull as dishwater. And I'm still within a few km of the practically clear skies :(

Yeah it’s really nice here.

Cloudy in south Dublin in comparison according to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lovely sunny morning up to 2pm in Waterford. Back in Meath cool and cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was at a football game this evening it was freezing standing there in the wind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

In all a great day here in Kerry. Great sunny spells through broken cloud well into the late afternoon, clouded over and felt cool then and a few drops in Dingle which passed over quickly.

Got up to 14.9C here near Tralee

Pic: Mouth of Dingle Harbour today

sUu81Pt.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very cool if not cold in that wind this evening. 8c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    just back from the midlands, was nice and hazy warm sunshine there, now back in Meath and it's cooler and completely cloudy.

Sunny gin blue sky pretty much all day in Arklow
    Felt or rather looked summery out of the breeze despite the max being just 11.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Alexa just said that we can expect thunderstorms today.. North Dublin!

Has she got that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Well no snow in Donegal but we did have an earthquake last night, 2.4 on Richter scale, not too shabby!
    Happened not far from me but somehow didn't feel it, lots of reports of house shaking etc
    Reports were at midnight so perhaps the time on map is an hour behind.

https://www.insn.ie/events/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like a decent splash of rain incoming to Dublin now/for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Warm and cloudy with sunny spells in West Clare. Currently 15.5c out

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Not sure today's forecasts predicted the volume of rainfall in Dublin Wicklow areas. ME were still only mentioning light showers whilst it was a bucketing down from that steady flow of rain coming from the south east. Very drab day and heavy rain for a period. Few miles up north and it looks like they are bathing in glorious sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shocked to hear the radio news just say most of the country will have rain today.

It's been glorious up here in North Donegal all day. It's like a summer's afternoon now, only being slightly chilly in the shade.

Not a cloud in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

no rain in cork city either. Been dry and its warm enough, cloudy but nice.

The band of rain that affected many parts of the east until recently is now in north Leinster but unfortunately there is another area of rain that is making a beeline for Dublin and basically the same areas as the recent spell of rainy weather. Bar the weekend just gone, many eastern areas have been enduring evening rush hour rain events that have made the commute home so so miserable......still, at least we have the extra hour of daylight so it could be worse.

I'd say this next batch of rain will reach the Dublin coast by about 17:45, moving more or less northwestwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold, dank and misty drizzle all day. Heating on all day.

Advertisement