Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another beautiful morning in Letterkenny after a near cloudless day yesterday. Let's just hope this doesn't end up being our summer again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Beautiful, sunny and cool in Salou. It's weird to think that Ireland pretty much had this weather in February. It's 17c which would be mild for Ireland this time of year but it feels quite cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a dull hazy morning in Castlebar its much brighter now with sunny spells and just a light easterly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Drizzle has moved in over West Clare.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some sunshine over the past hour with a slight hint of warmth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Not here to argue about warnings or Met , but I've never seen an orange warning be so spectacularly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

After a damp first half,2nd half of the day in Arklow has turned out lovely
    Nagging breeze off that sea though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

heavy rain here in West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Gorgeous warm evening for the commute home in Dublin

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Nope, no more thunderstorms! Last night was mostly cloudy while today had a cloudy start followed by a mostly sunny afternoon. Cool enough too (mid teens) so perfect for April.

Well now there's a thunderstorm here just outside Barcelona. Heavy rain, thunder, lightning, very dark and very poor visibility.

Edit: there are hail accumulations on the grass and the edge of the roads in the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another poor day in South Leitrim. Cloudy for most. Cold wind, but at least its dry.
    Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The nicest spell of weather I have seen in many a year in east Galway with a proper easterly haze. If it stays like this for the entire summer, I'd not complain.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    The nicest spell of weather I have seen in many a year in east Galway with a proper easterly haze. If it stays like this for the entire summer, I'd not complain.

Lovely orange/pink sky out to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

You can't beat a deep easterly;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely cloudless sky again this morning, makes it so much easier to get out of bed

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

But if this came in the summer you wouldn’t be able to sleep
    :D

Agree though. The bbq is getting its first use of the year this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

last summer no?

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Well now there's a thunderstorm here just outside Barcelona. Heavy rain, thunder, lightning, very dark and very poor visibility.

Edit: there are hail accumulations on the grass and the edge of the roads in the city

I'm back in Dublin tonight sadly. It was a fine morning here in Barcelona but there's another thunderstorm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lovely and sunny now after earlier cloud in N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

pad199207 wrote: »
    Lovely and sunny now after earlier cloud in N Kildare

Skies were clear from a little after lunchtime in the far north of Kildare. Looking at satellite imagery, it looks like you are very close to the cloud bank now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Absolutely splendid evening in Dublin with clear blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

BBQ done
    Now for Champions League beers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Great evening, clear sky and lots of sun, was out in the garden til a little after 9, long way it last

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

High cloud for much of the day but bright and spring like all the same. Overcast and dull this evening but calm and quiet and out in the garden till just before 21.00 as well. Saw my first House Martin today, always a great sight , Spring is definitely here.

Cloud has just moved away to let the sun out, glorious now and feeling warm in the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Cloud has just moved away to let the sun out, glorious now and feeling warm in the garden

I'm keeping a close eye on that retreating cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sun was out this morning for a while, now it's as overcast as it can get. West Clare.

highdef wrote: »
    I'm keeping a close eye on that retreating cloud.

Its fairly slow moving, can still see it in the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It was a nice evening in Skerries.

PyfETU3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the past 2 days have been nice, but these evenings are very chilly.

Advertisement