Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro14 Season 2019-2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

I've just read that highlights of the games will now be shown on the BBC stations.
    Interesting development.

OldRio wrote: »
    I've just read that highlights of the games will now be shown on the BBC stations.
    Interesting development.

Ignore me, I was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

OldRio wrote: »
    Interesting development.

Wales Online: PRO14 coverage to return to BBC Wales in big boost for Welsh rugby fans.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/pro14-coverage-return-bbc-wales-17222551

Great news - 2 highlights shows. First one showing Welsh sides and then an hour long Monday night one showing all games. That will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    They have a Munster branch Ref as Ref on the Munster game

An ex-Munster player from Cork reffing Munster in Thomond Park just is not appropriate, as is the case. And go ahead and apply to Leinster refs reffing Leinster, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    They have a Munster branch Ref as Ref on the Munster game

and

They have a Leinster branch Ref as Ref on the Leinster game

I'm sure both guys will do a grand job, but it would have seemed easier to swap these guys round?

Only problem is the Munster ref also played for Connacht!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's hardly surprising in a league that's runs itself in such a half arsed manner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

How is this surprising anyone, when Murphy also reffed the Munster v Leinster game last Christmas? And back in the day Alain Roland reffed a few Munster Leinster games. It's nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Pro 14 highlights to be shown on BBC https://www.pro14rugby.org/2019/11/08/bbc-to-show-guinness-pro14-highlights-until-2021?dm_i=5GVN,3XGY,1UFT7G,DNVF,1

Some suggesting on Digital Spy that BBC got this at a knock down price as viewers for Premier were low and Pro 14 organisers were desperate for greater FTA coverage. Up until now just a few games per round available FTA via TG4 (Freeview/Saorview in N. Ireland) and S4C (Wales).

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Another year, another stroll in the park for Leinster in the Pro14 by the looks of it.

Snore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I can never get my head around how are club sides and national team correlate when you look at Wales and others. Leinster appear miles ahead again and Munster are probably in the top 3 in the league. Ulster and Connacht would look favorably too.
    The welsh clubs are so average yet internationally they continue to produce so regularly. Only 4 of their W.C. squad play outside Wales. The league would be much better product if the welsh sorted their club game out. The players appear to be there to do so though maybe not the depth of talent we have.
    The two scots are about where you’d expect with the national side. You wouldn’t say the Irish are over performing either. Just the welsh under performing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

We will see how good Wales are once Gatland and Edwards are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

We will see how good Wales are once Gatland and Edwards are gone.

That sounds like the death knell. Let's wait and see as you say. Let's also wait and see what Ireland are like without Joe Schmidt hopefully they will be better than at RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ospreys 0-10 Kings

25 min gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ospreys looks in trouble. 0-13 down at half time.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Ospreys 0-10 Kings

25 min gone

0-13 at it

Zebre 0-19 Glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Welsh teams struggling big time without their internationals. As it stands none of the region's would automatically qualify for a champions cup spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Is the Munster game on TV?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Is the Munster game on TV?

Eir sport

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kings win. That's pretty grim for Ospreys.

Ospreys just lost at home to the Southern Kings...... no that's not a mis-print

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hook missed two penalties in the dying minutes when they were two points behind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

is that the Kings’ first away win? appalling result for Ospreys.

Hook missed two penalties in the dying minutes when they were two points behind too.
    The 2nd one was a bit of a hit-and-hope from the half way line, but that 1st one was a very bad miss.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Cheetahs had a man sent off after 14 mins.... Went 11 - 0 down... And after now leading 11 - 14 on 33 mins after two quick tries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

So currently Munster's Champions Cup opponents are second last in their leagues (Ospreys and Racing) and last (Saracens after points deduction). Don't think that would have been predicted when pool draw made

https://twitter.com/andymcgeady/status/1193229060215848962?s=19

That's scumbaggery. Lined the defenceless player up and drove his shoulder into him.

Bizarre from Benetton

Re: Post Cheetahs v Munster
    leakyboots wrote: »
    That's a paddlin'.

And their coach is finishing up, wonder will they kick on or regress
    Away to Connacht, Scarlets and Cardiff. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they lose all 3 of those
    Well that was predictable :pac:

Scarlets 20-17 Benetton FT, Dan Jones with a 40m penalty kick at the end to win it.

• Advertisement

Conference A:

Leinster 29
    Ulster 20
    Cheetahs 17
    Glasgow 15
    Dragons 9
    Ospreys 6
    Zebre 2

Leinster are cruising, they will wrap up top spot with a few games remaining barring a collapse. The Cheetahs lost their three away games after their good start at home. They will need to maintain their fortress at home to contend for the top three. Glasgow had some terrible results during the RWC but you'd expect them to bounce back.
    Ospreys have been the big disappointment but their schedule to date has included trips to Ulster, Munster and Leinster.

Advertisement