Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

That is the one I'm thinking of. I gave MfMan a link to see if that is the movie in their head.

Strangely enough while I was Googling for clues I found a recent (completely unrelated) Indian movie called Who, but the spy movie Who? (1974) didn't come up.

Yes, I'd say that must be it, it seems to fit all the clues.
    Good work all, must put you in charge of 'cold cases'!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Hi,
    I watched Contagion and I realised it wasn't the film I thought it was. The one im thinking is a pandemic film (maybe zombie) and the main characters are being kept in a quarantined area guarded by soldiers. They manage to suppress the virus or zombies.

Last shot camera zooms out from their quarantine area and shows another voice comes over radio saying there's been breakout in zone something.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

guapos wrote: »
    Hi,
    I watched Contagion and I realised it wasn't the film I thought it was. The one im thinking is a pandemic film (maybe zombie) and the main characters are being kept in a quarantined area guarded by soldiers. They manage to suppress the virus or zombies.

Last shot camera zooms out from their quarantine area and shows another voice comes over radio saying there's been breakout in zone something.

Thanks

One of the Romero zombie movies maybe?

MfMan wrote: »
    Yes, I'd say that must be it, it seems to fit all the clues.
    Good work all, must put you in charge of 'cold cases'!

I don't about that. Just figuring out which movie drives me mad - can't see myself lasting in a criminal investigation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No Romero zombie film ends like that though and they never suppress the virus in his movies either.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    No Romero zombie film ends like that though and they never suppress the virus in his movies either.

The end of the movie shows it hasn't been suppressed.

It was just wild guess as I was passing - at east it rules out the Romero's ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Hi,

Thanks
    Is it outbreak?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Is it outbreak?

I don't think so but I'll have a look at it during the week to find out, thanks for the help everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Hi,

Thanks

28 Weeks Later?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

A movie were a young girl dies in a car crash and she comes back to haunt the family, I think it may have been in black and white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Hi,

Thanks
    Pretty sure this is The Crazies (2010)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

redmgar wrote: »
    A movie were a young girl dies in a car crash and she comes back to haunt the family, I think it may have been in black and white.

Sounds like "don't go to sleep"

While not B+W, it's very grainy and shot very much dark and moody

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Someone saw someone in a lake/river that was iced over, struggling to find the hole back to safety and deliberately didn't help and let them die. Possible 1980s/90s? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Highway patrolman

I remember seeing a film when I was a child it had a family in it they were in America their house burnt down and I think the family split up and in the end the got back together I know its vague but it was 30 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Worztron wrote: »
    Someone saw someone in a lake/river that was iced over, struggling to find the hole back to safety and deliberately didn't help and let them die. Possible 1980s/90s? Thanks.

Omen 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Cliffhanger, I won't spoil the end.

Sorry, I can't get the youtube link to work.
    It's Cliffhanger, Sylvester Stallone, one of the last scenes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The Mulk wrote: »

Try removing the "&ab_channel=herbgerb" bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

See if anyone can remember this one for me, I havent a clue, i remember it from when i was younger for some reason.

It was based in the US i think, on a farm or that type of setting. There was a flood i think in the film at one point. but the bit that always stands out to me is they had a dog on the farm, and it got rabies and they had it tied to a post in the barn. I remember the dog on the rope\lead tied to the post barking trying to get to someone that just came in the barn door.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

Cujo or Old Yeller?

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Omen 2?

Hi Mr Crispy. No.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

The Mulk wrote: »

Hi The Mulk. No.

@Mr Crispy & @The Mulk -- I think the person was maybe Richard Thomas?

Cujo or Old Yeller?

Hi , No, thanks, I’d be familiar enough with both of them. Not as old as old yeller. And not cujo. If it was to guess a time I’d say late 70s or 80s film.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

forgetting the dog we do have rabid man , barn and flood in A cry in the wilderness

I think thats it, dont ask me where i got the dog part from ! As soon as i seen him tied to that pole with the circle marked around him i knew that was it. thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Maybe this from 2005

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Maybe this from 2005

Hi MS. No. It was much older than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Hi MS. No. It was much older than that.

Maybe Macaulay Culkin 1993

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Maybe Macaulay Culkin 1993

No, but thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I don't have much on this movie only the ending scenes, seen it on tv before and forgot the name and always wanted to see it from the beginning.

The last few minutes involve two people physically fighting inside a car. The car itself is at the side of some roadway that is undergoing maintenance, one of them eventually manages to get free and lock the other one inside the car and use a tractor or similar to place a huge concrete slab over it and in turn burying the other fella alive inside the car underneath concrete slabs which are being laid in this area.

Sorry can't be more helpful.

Advertisement