Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Snapper1 wrote: »
    Yeah I grossly underestimated the amount of food I brought on the spin (

Heh, you looked in need of an ice-cream :)

Didn't beep as it happened, was pretty much past when I saw the boards jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

RogerB sighting Saturday in Crumlin with track bike and full boards kit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Blorg and Tiny flew past me this evening coming down past Hellfire car park.

Tiny,that bike sure does stand out.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

there you go, never knew there was a boards cycling jumper anywhere till yesterday, i spotted one outside sarsfields in newbridge, and today i see this thread on the main page. what are the odds on that eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

there you go, never knew there was a boards cycling jumper anywhere till yesterday, i spotted one outside sarsfields in newbridge, and today i see this thread on the main page. what are the odds on that eh?

Yeah its abit mad alright. Theres loads of clubs/socs springing to life from boards. I know the boards football team will / have appeared on a segment of nationwide, theres an athletics club (not sure if they have boards.ie type singlets yet), a boards photography exhibition etc etc. the list goes on.

The boards babies are the weirdest of them all. Think DeVore has ownership of them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Sighting:
    Airside, Swords, Trek (I think) full boards kit, red helmet, approx 6.30pm this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Red Langster up the NCR, through Phibsboro towards the park gates.

Oh, how I hoped you'd go through the red lights at Blackhorse Ave so I could scream it from the roofs here on boards!..

But you didn't!.

Nice pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Oh, how I hoped you'd go through the red lights at Blackhorse Ave so I could scream it from the roofs here on boards!..

But you didn't!.

Nice pace.

The unionman ?

Gavin wrote: »
    The unionman ?

Best to assume that all boards sightings are rogerb until shown otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Dónal wrote: »

Wasn't him, cos he was in Howth with me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Raam wrote: »

I presume that was the 2 of you i seen heading toward sutton cross just before 7

peterk19 wrote: »
    I presume that was the 2 of you i seen heading toward sutton cross just before 7

Aye, thought that looked like you alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Aye, thought that looked like you alright.

yea i just noticed the jerseys but didnt have my contacts in so couldnt see the owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

saw my first boards jerseys today, one waiting to turn left onto oscar trainor road from malahide road, and one coming towards the church on the malahide road just before the oscar trainor (out bound) both at around 6ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Yesterday evening around 6:45, turning off Ranelagh down Appian Way, on a white Scott...ScottReynolds I'm guessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

rottenhat wrote: »
    Yesterday evening around 6:45, turning off Ranelagh down Appian Way, on a white Scott...ScottReynolds I'm guessing?

Assumed correctly..... I hate cycling that route. The South Side roads are MADNESS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

But you didn't!.

Nice pace.

THAT WAS ME!!!! Spotted at last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Dónal wrote: »

'Twas definitely me. First time in a while going home that way, NCR road surface is dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

I'm a bit laggardly with the reporting but I'm sure I saw a boards jerseyed arm wave hello as it toiled up the Shay Elliott from the Glenmalure side on Saturday.
    Sorry for not waving back but I was not taking a finger of the bars on that downhill :)

unionman wrote: »
    THAT WAS ME!!!! Spotted at last!

Ah, your 15 minutes of fame has arrived at last - :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Sighting:
    Airside, Swords, Trek (I think) full boards kit, red helmet, approx 6.30pm this evening.

That would have been me - frantic bid to get in some miles before W200. Monday was a glorious day for cycling though: I've never gone so fast by myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Saw a shed load of ye at the Orwell sportive just as ye turned up toward the sally gap!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

alfalad wrote: »
    Saw a shed load of ye at the Orwell sportive just as ye turned up toward the sally gap!!

Were you the guy in the Rapha jersey shouting at us?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Saw one yesterday at the Spire on O'Connell street,talking to 2 other lads looks like you had a bit of trouble as the bike was upside down,maybe fixing a puncture.

el tonto wrote: »
    Were you the guy in the Rapha jersey shouting at us?

Didn't think i was shouting nope saying a polite hello! But yes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

We were wondering who it was. I was in the Orwell kit with Tiny.

We were wondering who it was. I was in the Orwell kit with Tiny.

Was bit excited at seeing the famous pink px hence i prob shouted! And i was so blinded by it i didn't even look to see if i recognised the person next to him! Sorry el! Was great crowd at, was sorry i wasn't round for the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It was more a roar of TINYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......!!!!! as you went by :)

Glad I made your day :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

saw a big group of boards jerseys at Lynham's in Laragh @ midday, was up that way to marshal on the Shay Elliott Memorial race

• Advertisement

It was more a roar of TINYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......!!!!! as you went by :)

Glad I made your day :p

It was one of the highlights of the day alright!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

How many boards jerseys are out there BTW? I would have thought it was no more than 50!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

After four orders? Got to be more than that, surely?

Lord, might have to get one myself in the next order, even if they violate my minimum wool content. It really is a nice design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭crazydingo

So who is the swift chap I saw kitted out in the boards.ie shorts and jersey with a white helmet (I think) that passed me out today (and once last week) at clanbrassil street that heads right at harolds cross in the direction of the kcr? It was approximately 4:30pm

crazydingo wrote: »
    So who is the swift chap I saw kitted out in the boards.ie shorts and jersey with a white helmet (I think) that passed me out today (and once last week) at clanbrassil street that heads right at harolds cross in the direction of the kcr? It was approximately 4:30pm

Can really only be RogerB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I was there today, just after 430.
    Shorts, but not boards jersey. So may not be me.

• Advertisement

Full boards kit, white fixie on the Alfie Byrne Rd (Dublin 3) this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭crazydingo

Re: my earlier post
    this guy definitely had the jersey and was also wearing a backpack and had old-school full coverage mudguards but that's all I can describe because I couldn't keep up to get more details (bike make/model etc). He is a machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

this guy definitely had the jersey and was also wearing a backpack and had old-school full coverage mudguards but that's all I can describe because I couldn't keep up to get more details (bike make/model etc). He is a machine!

No mudguards, no jersey, not me then.
    Ah well, some day I will be recognised, until then my 15mins of fame is still unused.
    :(

Re: my earlier post

Definetly Roger so.

Full boards kit, white fixie on the Alfie Byrne Rd (Dublin 3) this morning.

Howya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

This morning at about 8.15, near the Apple Green petrol station in Clonskeagh. Heading south.

Blorg, I think (based on photos on here).

That makes me sound like a stalker.

Howya

Starrry Buuuuud.

I'll have to get me a set of boards.ie gear and get myself made famous here!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Ballyroan Road around 6ish this evening.Riding a mountain bike I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That would have been me, taking a new route up Stocking Lane/Avenue as I'm getting a tad bored and want a bit more of a challenge.

Been a long time since I did Stocking Lane, forgot to drop out of the big ring :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Who was the boardsie at around 8:30 on N11 who was keep breaking the lights? (i saw at least 3) Shame on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

JunctionTempleogue road & Dodder park heading for terenure at 8 this morning, boards top on an MTB I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:o

/hand up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

A bit late, and not really a boards sighting, but perhaps an undercover boarsdie?

Swords CC gear, the Naul, last Saturday week (25th April) around 3pm.

If this is off-thread, look, I assume every roadie I see is at least a lurker here. :pac:

Harcourt Street this morning. Riding a BeOne road bike. Looked like AstraMonti???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Harcourt Street this morning. Riding a BeOne road bike. Looked like AstraMonti???

Yeap that was me all right :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement