Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lumen wrote: »
    This morning, along the Dublin north quays, full kit (version 3) on a Fuji with red bar tape, red wristband, hairy legs. :pac:

Nice bike!
    Guilty! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

6:10pm yesterday (Thursday) on the Dundrum Road heading out of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

T'was me.

Does anyone else feel the need to cycle at the very least (tempo/climb like a god/sprint like Cav.) [select at least one] when wearing the jersey in case you are spotted :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

T'was me.

Does anyone else feel the need to cycle at the very least (tempo/climb like a god/sprint like Cav.) [select at least one] when wearing the jersey in case you are spotted :D

Only when the wind is on my back and going down hill

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Does anyone else feel the need to cycle at the very least (tempo/climb like a god/sprint like Cav.) without wobbling [select at least one] when wearing the jersey in case you are spotted :D

FYP. Need != Ability (In my case at any rate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Purchase the Boards.ie padded cycling thong and you don't have you worry about being spotted but still you know you are representing ;)

Boardsie spotted on the Kilmacanogue climb towards Roundwood around midday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Glengariff, Co. Cork.

Heading from Bantry direction in company of another person.
    Full kit around midday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

ROKON..... well spotted - that was me and the 'Brother'.

Currently - on the thread below and you mentioned as well! Small world!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056887795

Where did we meet you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Masala wrote: »
    ROKON..... well spotted - that was me and the 'Brother'.

Currently - on the thread below and you mentioned as well! Small world!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056887795

Where did we meet you??

I was driving thru Glengariff on my way to Bantry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ruffmut

Spotted one solo this morning at 11:20 between Leap and Cononagh, West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Boardsie spotted on the Kilmacanogue climb towards Roundwood around midday.

I did the climb around that time. Boards shorts and a white jersey?

jimm wrote: »
    I did the climb around that time. Boards shorts and a white jersey?
    Could have been you. I just noticed the shorts as I was driving by in the opposite direction. I don't recall the jersey but it wasn't a Boards one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You wait years for hot boards-on-boards action, and it happens twice in 10 minutes.

I shouted "hey boardsie" at a guy coming out of Willie Nolan Road in Baldoyle. He shouted back the same greeting as I was wearing the same jersey, so I'm sure the cars with open windows thought we were a bit off.

The second was a few minutes later just past Portmarnock hotel. I waved at a boardsie cycling with someone in blue, but I don't think they saw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I had the pleasure of meeting three boardsies today on my Evil 200 recce.

Mercian Pro who had just done the full Wall, respect!
    Smacl at the cafe in Laragh.

Allez on the way back from Laragh wearing a fetching Giro pink jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Saw two cyclists in boards jerseys today. One (long sleeved jersey on a yellow Giant) passed us out on Clontarf road and car beeped as he passed me.

Another (back bike with two paniers) passed on the way up the Sutton side of Howth hill. I said hi but don't think it was heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

1.15 Malahide. NMG?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You wait years for hot boards-on-boards action, and it happens twice in 10 minutes.

I shouted "hey boardsie" at a guy coming out of Willie Nolan Road in Baldoyle. He shouted back the same greeting as I was wearing the same jersey, so I'm sure the cars with open windows thought we were a bit off.

The second was a few minutes later just past Portmarnock hotel. I waved at a boardsie cycling with someone in blue, but I don't think they saw me.

Boardsies everywhere today! I missed you it seems was out with my wife who was wearing blue and went from Swords over Howth and back along the coast. Also saw another unknown boardsie in Malahide by Yellow Walls road, as well as C-Daly going up the Village side of Howth, my shout of boardsie as I descended past was much more exuberant than the one he managed on one of the steep sections!

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Inquitus wrote: »
    Boardsies everywhere today! I missed you it seems was out with my wife who was wearing blue and went from Swords over Howth and back along the coast. Also saw another unknown boardsie in Malahide by Yellow Walls road, as well as C-Daly going up the Village side of Howth, my shout of boardsie as I descended past was much more exuberant than the one he managed on one of the steep sections!

you must have passed us too, we were going up the Sutton side of howth some way after cdaly.

Saw a few jerseys on the N81 yesterday.

Yis all looked pretty focused so I didn't beep (blue merc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Twas me at 1:15 in Malahide. Had to turn around at Balheary to go back for my pump - doh!

Inquitus - was that you on the the estuary heading east towards Malahide at 1425 ?

- doing a bit of sneaky drafting perhaps?

Beautiful day for it - 87k before the W200.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

T'was I. Just on the way out for a few laps of howth.
    Pembily wrote: »
    Another (back bike with two paniers) passed on the way up the Sutton side of Howth hill. I said hi but don't think it was heard.
    awec wrote: »
    you must have passed us too, we were going up the Sutton side of howth some way after cdaly.
    Was that you two near the golf club? Was well chuffed passing roadies uphill there. It's usually the other way around!...
    Inquitus wrote: »
    as well as C-Daly going up the Village side of Howth, my shout of boardsie as I descended past was much more exuberant than the one he managed on one of the steep sections!
    Excuse me! In full voice I was! Wasn't even gasping for breath or nuthin!...

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Was that you two near the golf club? Was well chuffed passing roadies uphill there. It's usually the other way around!...

Yea I think so. She had an orange jersey on and I had a red one.

Pembily shouted "HI CDALY" but you didn't turn round, concentrating too hard on your time obviously. ;)

We were taking it pretty handy going up, you flew past us. :)

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I had an orange jersey and white road bike, not sure if it was by the golf club. I struggle on hills. Everyone passes me! You said Hi Folks but and I said hi and then as you passed and we twigged you had boards kit on I shouted but you didn't hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Ah, had my ears full of music too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pembily wrote: »
    Saw two cyclists in boards jerseys today. One (long sleeved jersey on a yellow Giant) passed us out on Clontarf road and car beeped as he passed me.
    That was me on the yellow Toyota Giant. I guess the car didn't like me overtaking you two.

That was me on the yellow Toyota Giant. I guess the car didn't like me overtaking you two.
    Clearly not. Traffic was heavy so he wasn't getting far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Saw a big bunch of boardsies this morning on the corner of Griffith Ave and Drumcondra Road upper.

256975.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Saw a few jerseys on the N81 yesterday.

Yis all looked pretty focused so I didn't beep (blue merc)

Might have been me doing a time trial going from ballymore turn towards Blessington . You are probably thinking no you were going to slow to be on a TT but that is just how I bez rollin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Ishmael wrote: »
    Saw a big bunch of boardsies this morning on the corner of Griffith Ave and Drumcondra Road upper.

256975.JPG

Can't see any Black and Pink?

Advertisement