Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

This is what happened before, it so it was already a mess. The rear wiper being on just adds to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

maclek wrote: »
    This is what happened before, it so it was already a mess. The rear wiper being on just adds to it all.

They need to be pulled out and danced on.... Seriously people if you are in charge of the vehicle then look at the big window and watch what's going on around you....

What I'd love to see is timer units fitted so people would hopefully be ready to take off....

Wishful thinking of course

They need to be pulled out and danced on.... Seriously people if you are in charge of the vehicle then look at the big window and watch what's going on around you....

What I'd love to see is timer units fitted so people would hopefully be ready to take off....

Wishful thinking of course
    Having the "get set" amber would be a great help as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

it wouldnt have helped that douche bag

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

• Advertisement

Twenty minutes of driving yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Kudos for the win at 10 seconds, hope it felt good

McCrack wrote: »
    Kudos for the win at 10 seconds, hope it felt good

It’s the only way to treat people like that, and might get in their lane in time in future. Enabling them only reinforces the behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Yeh that and put it up on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i'd have stopped beside him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Dick move all round. What was the point? Were you going to lose such an inordinate amount of time otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

Having the "get set" amber would be a great help as well.

In a more southern country where I often drive, it's customary for someone further back at the lights to give a beep as soon as the lights go green regardless.

It used to piss me off in the beginning if I was first at the lights, because I'd usually be in gear and ready to go.
    But I've become more used to it and have been known to do it myself occasionally.

It would be useful here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

josip wrote: »
    In a more southern country where I often drive, it's customary for someone further back at the lights to give a beep as soon as the lights go green regardless.

It used to piss me off in the beginning if I was first at the lights, because I'd usually be in gear and ready to go.
    But I've become more used to it and have been known to do it myself occasionally.

It would be useful here.

It's the same in New York city. As soon as lights go green all the taxis start beeping.

josip wrote: »

It would be useful here.
    I remember a former colleague who was working in Latin America for a few years and got into the habit of beeping the car in front when the lights changed.
    It was also customary to stop past the light so the first driver couldn't even see the light so was dependant on the beep to know when to go!

First week back driving in London, he was involved in several road rage incidents as beeping on light changes is not acceptable!
    He quickly dropped the practice.

It's better to have the "get set" red & amber sequence to give drivers two clues to the change, as opposed to blinking and seeing a green and thinking they missed the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

tedpan wrote: »
    Twenty minutes of driving yesterday..

I think I finally made one of Tedpan's videos :)

Even better - I wasn't one of the bad drivers :D Would have been one of the people milling around outside the church in the first clip

R.O.R wrote:
    Even better - I wasn't one of the bad drivers Would have been one of the people milling around outside the church in the first clip

Haha, was it a christening? Lovely day for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

tedpan wrote: »
    Haha, was it a christening? Lovely day for it..

First communion - last one of the many in the past couple of weeks for St.Marys Primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

chewed wrote: »
    It's the same in New York city. As soon as lights go green all the taxis start beeping.

Television host Johnny Carson described “a New York minute" as the “interval between a Manhattan traffic light turning green and the guy behind you honking his horn.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Such a shame for the porsche driver idiot :pac:

• Advertisement

Nice reaction by the truck driver, keep on trucking....

Nice reaction by the truck driver, keep on trucking....
    I'm not surprised, he appears to have cut in front of the Porsche leaving it no choice but to swerve into the middle lane.
    Looks like Malaysia or Thailand,

I'm not surprised, he appears to have cut in front of the Porsche leaving it no choice but to swerve into the middle lane.
    Looks like Malaysia or Thailand,

Some serious collision. What's the speed limits there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some serious collision. What's the speed limits there?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Embedded video and comments moved into this thread

Just the first 20 seconds, dozy driver runs into the back of an artic!

Just the first 20 seconds, dozy driver runs into the back of an artic!

On the phone or nodded off..

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

It’s the only way to treat people like that....

Not to that extent.

I know that road.
    You can play the odds of getting blocked by parked cars in the left lane or stopped traffic in the right hand turn lane encroaching on the centre lane.

But flooring it after fractionally squeezing past the car in the right hand turn lane was just looking for an incident, especially with a pedestrian on the road in front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

It’s the only way to treat people like that, and might get in their lane in time in future. Enabling them only reinforces the behaviour.

How is he supposed to get into the right lane if he is blocked by all the "inforcers"? That was a serious d*ck move to pull there.

Advertisement