Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Nobody in the east, particularly Dublin, has much to complain about.

I don't think anyone in Dublin is complaining. People are just saying that the weather is nothing to write home about, which is true. Very forgettable and average apart from the lack of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some breaks of sunshine here in Kildare now and feeling warmer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Gorgeous afternoon now in east Cork. Blue skies and lovely warm sunshine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sun poking through now in Meath, I doubt this evening is going to be as good as yesterday as we were already fairly sunny this time yesterday.

Tomorrow isn't going to be as sunny as most of us would like. Could be a fair deal of cloud in the morning and this will become more hazy and break up through the afternoon. Cloudy conditions will return again by the evening from the west.

fmiuk-4-28-0.png?12-14

fmiuk-4-33-0.png?12-14

fmiuk-4-37-0.png?12-14

Between 3pm and 8pm looks like the best chance of sunny conditions tomorrow. 26C still looks possible tomorrow, best chances perhaps Oak Park, Phoenix Park.

fmiuk-41-34-0.png?12-14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

About ever hour or so, the sun will break out for literally one second before it hides away again. It just can't seem to burn through those clouds at all. Feeling very humid now with that breeze not really helping anymore. Heavy cloud cover doesn't really bother me at all but I just hate that sticky, humid feeling that comes with it at this time of year. As someone said on here the other day, it's like living in an armpit.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Maybe it's just me but the days have been mostly cloudy in Dublin, I haven't been experiencing a great summer so far anyway. It hasn't been raining or cold but the sun hasn't come out until the evening mostly, like yesterday, and it was only patchy at best. Maybe my expectations are too high. No sun so far today.
    Tomorrow looks like it'll be great, fingers crossed.
    Yet we have other posters from Dublin telling us the summer is superb up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cloud has finally broken up a bit in Dublin 13 with sunny spells now.

EDIT: Not even 15 minutes gone and it's duller, still fairly bright.

EDIT: Now it's mainly cloudy, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

As mundane as today is the gale isn't there but kids saying it's too cold to go to beach. That's what 20 hours of sun in 2 weeks does I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,747 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yet we have other posters from Dublin telling us the summer is superb up there?

A lot of people are happy if it's not raining, I just like prolonged spells of sunshine and there hasn't been much of that lately which is frustrating to me especially when the temps are higher than usual. Weather is subjective to individuals I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Cracker of a day in West Cork.. Bit breezy but a good bit of heat in the sun..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

A lot of people are happy if it's not raining, I just like prolonged spells of sunshine and there hasn't been much of that lately which is frustrating to me especially when the temps are higher than usual. Weather is subjective to individuals I guess.

I hear ya. And people have remarkably subjective memories. I see one poster here who was lauding last august as being very good posting today how crap it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,747 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I hear ya. And people have remarkably subjective memories. I see one poster here who was lauding last august as being very good posting today how crap it was!

Gaslighting people about the previous summer's weather is a national pastime

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a nice afternoon here in Meath but not as good as recent days. It's a fairly warm and humid day but temperatures do not look like they will exceed 20C with the cloud failing to break up properly.

There’s definitely a lot of subjective opinion about whether the last week was good in Dublin or not. But it was objectively good.

JBK7oSN.png

New Moon

Similarly, I often find it odd that you complain so much about the Irish weather when you live in a region that rarely bears the brunt of it. I think if you lived in Donegal or Mayo or Connemara you'd probably end up topping yourself.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A miserable evening in Castlebar, cool, dark and heavy drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I think if you lived in Donegal or Mayo or Connemara you'd probably end up topping yourself.

That’s not a particularly nice thing to say

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Anyway, the cloud eventually cleared in cork city to give much welcome spells of glorious sunshine. Pretty much a copy of what happened yesterday. Need to get some aftersun.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Similarly, I often find it odd that you complain so much about the Irish weather when you live in a region that rarely bears the brunt of it. I think if you lived in Donegal or Mayo or Connemara you'd probably end up topping yourself.

Harsh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

JBK7oSN.png

Looking at the images, would that suggest a possibility of fog along parts of the east coast/Dublin tomorrow afternoon? If so, that must mean that the forecast offshore breeze may not be strong enough to negate a sea breeze that will be wanting to warm with the land temperatures being so warm tomorrow. Perhaps a lot of disappointment on the Dublin beaches tomorrow!

jackrussel wrote: »
    That’s not a particularly nice thing to say

It's a joke...

New Moon

highdef wrote: »

Those maps also seem to be suggesting the small possibility of some minor convective activity running up through the midlands & east as well tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps a couple of showers breaking out if the sun does?

New Moon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It was only 20C today in Cork City, but like a fool or a horse, didn't this ginger venture out in the afternoon.
    Melting! But not too burnt, given the cloudy sky.

Cracker of a day, with great buzz in the city.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

The.. the.. what?? :confused:

Those maps also seem to be suggesting the small possibility of some minor convective activity running up through the midlands & east as well tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps a couple of showers breaking out if the sun does?

Ooops, I've fixed that in my post. Interesting about the convection risk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

This evening was beautiful in NCD.

It may not have been that sunny but very humid.

I'm still out the back relaxing now with a G&T cheers!

Edited: Just checked there still 19 degrees no wonder I'm still able to sit outside!

appledrop wrote: »
    This evening was beautiful in NCD.

It may not have been that sunny but very humid.

I'm still out the back relaxing now with a G&T cheers!

Edited: Just checked there still 19 degrees no wonder I'm still able to sit outside!

the warmer uppers are back so the temperature has not dropped at all this evening, still 19C here as it has been since the early afternoon. Fingers crossed there is far more sunshine tomorrow from morning through to sunset.

Gonzo wrote: »
    the warmer uppers are back so the temperature has not dropped at all this evening, still 19C here as it has been since the early afternoon. Fingers crossed there is far more sunshine tomorrow from morning through to sunset.

Well it will be the beach for me either way Gonzo as you can't tell a 4 year old your going to beach and not go!

Hopefully we will get the sun but it will be warm anyway.

highdef wrote: »
    Looking at the images, would that suggest a possibility of fog along parts of the east coast/Dublin tomorrow afternoon? If so, that must mean that the forecast offshore breeze may not be strong enough to negate a sea breeze that will be wanting to warm with the land temperatures being so warm tomorrow. Perhaps a lot of disappointment on the Dublin beaches tomorrow!

I hope not! I'll never forget years ago when still in school it was a stunning summers day and myself and my friend traisped all the way out to Dun Laoghaire.

When we got there the fog was so bad we couldn't even see our hands when we stretched them out in front of us never mind the sea!

When we eventually got home too late to enjoy the rest of sun!

Ah well it's a memory we will always have and we still always say to each other on sunny days remember when we went to Dun Laoghaire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Whatever way tomorrow goes, set the alarm for crack of dawn. Hopefully an ok sunrise to start the day off.

Edit: It’s an ok one, nothing special.

And it’s cloudy again :pac:

Advertisement