Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

All Points East in the UK also cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

IMMa have had a request to construct a temporary mortuary on the grounds of the royal hospital Kilmainham

That’s MCR and forbidden fruit gone you’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

bennyl10 wrote: »
    IMMa have had a request to construct a temporary mortuary on the grounds of the royal hospital Kilmainham

Kind of fits the MCR vibe. But you’re probably right

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MCR prob cancelled then but they might move it to Marley Park or somewhere like that

Possible they could play 1/2 nights in the 3arena maybe the end of the year/2021 instead

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »

Saw that earlier. Really put things in perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »
    MCR prob cancelled then but they might move it to Marley Park or somewhere like that

Possible they could play 1/2 nights in the 3arena maybe the end of the year/2021 instead

Pushed back to 2021 no way are they refunding and paying back the money. It would be some mess if they went the 3arena route dont know how that would work out would fans who already had a ticket get priority? Would be unfair if you had a ticket and they moved it and you ended up in the nosebleeds in the 3

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Pushed back to 2021 no way are they refunding and paying back the money. It would be some mess if they went the 3arena route dont know how that would work out would fans who already had a ticket get priority? Would be unfair if you had a ticket and they moved it and you ended up in the nosebleeds in the 3

I'd gladly take that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think much like we're ramping up the restrictions, once we're over the hump of deaths and new cases, we'll be reducing the restrictions very slowly for the rest of the year. Unfortunately things like music events and sporting events will be among the last to be given the green light. Wouldn't be surprised if we see neither in 2020 (though obviously we could have sports behind closed doors)

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Think much like we're ramping up the restrictions, once we're over the hump of deaths and new cases, we'll be reducing the restrictions very slowly for the rest of the year. Unfortunately things like music events and sporting events will be among the last to be given the green light. Wouldn't be surprised if we see neither in 2020 (though obviously we could have sports behind closed doors)

Not sure about the whole year but hard to see any gigs going ahead before September say and even then could easily be another few months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not sure about the whole year but hard to see any gigs going ahead before September say and even then could easily be another few months

Picnic in trouble ?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Picnic in trouble ?

Hard to tell really at this stage but could be. Peak is supposedly meant to be 10th to 14th April but even if it is don't see things going back to normal overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Hard to tell really at this stage but could be. Peak is supposedly meant to be 10th to 14th April but even if it is don't see things going back to normal overnight.

I really don't think anyone has predicted a 5 day window for the peak. Are you basing that on them having restrictions in place until Easter Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭fafy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Picnic in trouble ?

Neighbourhood Weekender festival, in London, was supposed to be in late May, its now taking place, the same weekend as EP, i noticed two Irish Band EP contenders are playing it on the Saturday, meaning they could do EP on Friday or Sunday - > Fontaines DC & The Murder Capital.

Primavera was also moved, from early June to last weekend in August, and other examples as well

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I really don't think anyone has predicted a 5 day window for the peak. Are you basing that on them having restrictions in place until Easter Sunday?

Basing it on what HSE have said publicly: ''THE HSE IS predicting that the peak of the coronavirus outbreak in Ireland will occur in two weeks time, between the 10 and 14 of April, according to the chief operations officer.''

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-projections-peak-coronavirus-april-5061127-Mar2020/

Chief Medical Officer has said we are at the very early stages so don't see how it's right myself but that's what HSE have said. Think originally it was predicted to be June and seems to be idea that worst will be over in 3/4 months. But either way can't see EP going ahead at this stage.

https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/clearwater-creedence-revival

UK gig but a very random at that

Is this the real band or a glamour tribute act ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

:rolleyes:

Seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

OMG i fell for that too, look at the bleedin name of the band!

PETER BARTON – vocals, guitar (The Animals, The Boomtown Rats)

ALAN SAGAR - bass

GRAHAM POLLOCK – guitar

GEOFF HAMMOND - drums

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They are called Clearwater Creedence Revival. Why are you confused?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    They are called Clearwater Creedence Revival. Why are you confused?

Didn't notice that

Easy to get mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Creedence Clearwater Revival broke up acrimoniously in 1972 and have rarely played together since.
    John Fogerty and the other 2 remaining members alive do not get on at all.
    About as much chance of reforming as The Smiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I can see how people would see it as the original name at a glance.

They must have spent months coming up with that witty name!

Mine would be Creedence Dirtwater Revived

rubadub wrote: »
    I can see how people would see it as the original name at a glance.

They must have spent months coming up with that witty name!

Yeah with a few drinks or half asleep you could easily mix them up and buy tickets

Irelands own Pearl Jem is another tribute band which could easily be mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah with a few drinks or half asleep you could easily mix them up and buy tickets
    The tickets being only £29.15 should ring alarm bells! to get them at that price you'd consider yourself very fortunate, son... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but hoping someone can help me
    I was very kindly gifted a €100 voucher for TM last June - It was bought it May and valid for 1 year
    Between one thing and another I havent been buying tickets since then
    If I was to buy tickets for an event in July using a voucher and the event ends up being cancelled does anyone know does the money go back on the voucher (and the voucher extended) or how does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

rubadub wrote: »

Creedence Clearwater Revival Revival

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but hoping someone can help me
    I was very kindly gifted a €100 voucher for TM last June - It was bought it May and valid for 1 year
    Between one thing and another I havent been buying tickets since then
    If I was to buy tickets for an event in July using a voucher and the event ends up being cancelled does anyone know does the money go back on the voucher (and the voucher extended) or how does this work?

It definitely goes back on voucher. I'm sure they'd have to extend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Irelands own Pearl Jem is another tribute band which could easily be mixed up

Reminds me of the hilarious story of people buying tickets for the Red Hot Chilli Pipers a few yrs ago...
    Know a lad whose girlfriend bought him tickets to see them in Oban in Scotland (!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

Seen a lad in the Quays in Galway few years ago giving out F*ck to bouncers that "Pure Madness" wasn't the real Madness
    Demanded his tenner back after 2 songs..

Advertisement