Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

chrislad wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Looking for a King Size mattress. Budget around the 300-500 mark. What's a good option?

Hi chrislad

We have so many different ones but the 5000 pocket sprung ones from John Lewis that we are promoting at 499 euro are really good value. They are manufactured by Harrison Spinks in UK. Loads of guys on boards got them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hi chrislad

We have so many different ones but the 5000 pocket sprung ones from John Lewis that we are promoting at 499 euro are really good value. They are manufactured by Harrison Spinks in UK. Loads of guys on boards got them already.

Cheers. Looks good. Can you guys dispose of old mattresses too?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Hi chrislad

Hi Mick,
    What exactly does the 5000 mean? I was looking elsewhere and a kingsize mattress was advertised as
    190 pocket springs/sq.m.

Also, when could you deliver to Kilcock Co Kildare?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hi Mick,

Do you have the John Lewis mattress in super kingsize?

Thanks

chrislad wrote: »
    Cheers. Looks good. Can you guys dispose of old mattresses too?

Yes. We dispose of them through a fully authorised recycling company.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Advertisement

Sneachta wrote: »
    Hi Mick,
    What exactly does the 5000 mean? I was looking elsewhere and a kingsize mattress was advertised as
    190 pocket springs/sq.m.

Also, when could you deliver to Kilcock Co Kildare?
    Thanks

Hi there.

The John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung mattress has 5000 individual pocket springs inside. See attached link to an actual mattress in production :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

The lowest pocket spring count that I have ever heard of is 600 in a kingsize. All pocket spring counts are based on a kingsize mattress. In other words if it says 2000 pocket then a double mattress could have about 1600 where as a Superking (6ft) may have about 2400 pocket springs . This is just a guide.

The 190 pocket sprung per sq.m would equal 570 pocket in a kingsize mattress. The lowest pocket mattress we stock is 1000 pocket normally.

Delivery is free nationwide. We are in Kilcock most days. Can deliver Thursday or Saturday this week for sure.

Bigmickey Team

SEORG wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Do you have the John Lewis mattress in super kingsize?

Thanks

Hi

We got hundreds of these mattresses in all sizes except Superkingsize. We do have some Harrison (Same manufacturer) in Superkingsize. We also have a beautiful range of superking mattresses which we have each model always in stock in Superkingsize. Could you call to us to try them out ? We have plenty of Sealy, Breasley, Silentnight and others in Superkingsize in stock also.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Hi there.

The John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung mattress has 5000 individual pocket springs inside. See attached link to an actual mattress in production :

The lowest pocket spring count that I have ever heard of is 600 in a kingsize. All pocket spring counts are based on a kingsize mattress. In other words if it says 2000 pocket then a double mattress could have about 1600 where as a Superking (6ft) may have about 2400 pocket springs . This is just a guide.

The 190 pocket sprung per sq.m would equal 570 pocket in a kingsize mattress. The lowest pocket mattress we stock is 1000 pocket normally.

Delivery is free nationwide. We are in Kilcock most days. Can deliver Thursday or Saturday this week for sure.

Bigmickey Team

Hi Mick,
    Thanks for reply. My Wife and I are off work tomorrow. Is there anywhere we could try the mattress? She's working again Thursday.

Sneachta wrote: »
    Hi Mick,
    Thanks for reply. My Wife and I are off work tomorrow. Is there anywhere we could try the mattress? She's working again Thursday.

Hi

We have them on display in our shop in Longford. We are open Monday to Saturday 9.30 to 5.30 and 12 to 5 on Sunday.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hey all,

Coming up from Sligo either this weekend or early next month for a big enough purchase I'd say.

Looking at the John Lewis mattress.. and maybe even an upgrade to bed too.

But also potentially a (cheap and cheerful) sofa bed for a spare room. Will be used primarily as a sofa to be honest.. and occasional bed if stuck or missus has the huff with me! :D

Also do you do any sofa sets (e.g 3 seater + 2 seater)? Doesn't seem to be any on site at minute: https://bigmickey.ie/product-category/sofa-sets/

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Hey all,

Coming up from Sligo either this weekend or early next month for a big enough purchase I'd say.

Looking at the John Lewis mattress.. and maybe even an upgrade to bed too.

But also potentially a (cheap and cheerful) sofa bed for a spare room. Will be used primarily as a sofa to be honest.. and occasional bed if stuck or missus has the huff with me! :D

Also do you do any sofa sets (e.g 3 seater + 2 seater)? Doesn't seem to be any on site at minute: https://bigmickey.ie/product-category/sofa-sets/

Hi Basq

We got a complete new site about 2 months ago and we have 2 staff full time updating it. The best bargains are always going to be in store as much of our stock never makes it on to our site. From reading your post I have no doubt that we can cater for all your needs.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks BM.

Will try and make it Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Partner was looking at a Hypnos top pearl double for 800 or so delivered. Have you this or similar?

Toast wrote: »
    Partner was looking at a Hypnos top pearl double for 800 or so delivered. Have you this or similar?

Hypnos are a decent brand. We are not agents for them but get job lots of them from time to time. Had a quick look on google at it. There is a shallow pillow top on it which is a good thing. I have seen some pillow tops dipping over the years. I am not a big fan of pillow tops for this reason as you can't turn these types and quite a few of them hold the shape of your body in the pillow top.

I would think that one of our John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung models for €499 delivered would be much better value. We have them on display

WE have over 1000 mattresses in stock if you want to call to us to try some.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Claw09

Hey Bigmickey,

Looking for good quality double mattress for a 4ft6 timber frame bed. What would you recommend from €500-700?

Would delivery be free to Clare and do you charge to take existing mattress away?

Thanks.

Claw09 wrote: »
    Hey Bigmickey,

Looking for good quality double mattress for a 4ft6 timber frame bed. What would you recommend from €500-700?

Would delivery be free to Clare and do you charge to take existing mattress away?

Thanks.

Hi Claw09

How far apart are the latts on your bed ? With some pocket sprung mattresses they can't be too far apart. The John Lewis models that we have for €499 are exceptional value but we have mattresses in stock from 99 euro to 3000 euro so we have pretty much everything. Delivery is free to Clare. We can take away the old mattress for €15 which goes to a licenced recycler.

Thanks

bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Looking to change the mattress BigMickey, thinking of a foam one for a standard double bed. Like a firmer type mattress personally. What would you have price wise / foam depth wise etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Claw09

Hi Claw09

How far apart are the latts on your bed ? With some pocket sprung mattresses they can't be too far apart. The John Lewis models that we have for €499 are exceptional value but we have mattresses in stock from 99 euro to 3000 euro so we have pretty much everything. Delivery is free to Clare. We can take away the old mattress for €15 which goes to a licenced recycler.

Thanks

bigmickey

There around 2 to 2 and half inches

davehey79 wrote: »
    Looking to change the mattress BigMickey, thinking of a foam one for a standard double bed. Like a firmer type mattress personally. What would you have price wise / foam depth wise etc.

Hi davehey79

We have double firm foam ones for 199 euro . We also have many others also.

Thanks

bigmickey.ie team

• Advertisement

Claw09 wrote: »
    There around 2 to 2 and half inches

That's ok. No problem with that space between the latts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Hey BigMickey,

I just purchased a superking size mattress from a certain store, and I hate it, its way to firm. So I am gonna send it back.
    Do you have any in that size that are softer and what price we talking. How long does it take for Delivery?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Hi davehey79

We have double firm foam ones for 199 euro . We also have many others also.

Thanks

bigmickey.ie team

Lovely stuff will try to pop out over the weekend

bullvine wrote: »
    Hey BigMickey,

I just purchased a superking size mattress from a certain store, and I hate it, its way to firm. So I am gonna send it back.
    Do you have any in that size that are softer and what price we talking. How long does it take for Delivery?

Thanks,

Hi bullvine

We have a very large selection of Superking in stock. We have from very soft to very firm. If delivery is Dublin then we offer a next day service to room of your choice for no extra charge. The other mattress that you bought, did you buy on line or in store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi mick,
    Do ye do wall beds at all? Looking for a double wall bed so we can free up floor space in small room when bed isn't being used.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Hi mick,
    Do ye do wall beds at all? Looking for a double wall bed so we can free up floor space in small room when bed isn't being used.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Hi there

We have both Vertical and horizontal in a range of colours.

https://bigmickey.ie/product/horizontal-wall-fold-away-bed/

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Looking for a good reasonably firm orthopedic king size mattress for around €800, both side sleepers and would need an old mattress taken away, living in Swords

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Looking for a good reasonably firm orthopedic king size mattress for around €800, both side sleepers and would need an old mattress taken away, living in Swords

Hi there

I can take E800 from you but you can spend less if you like and still get a very good mattress. What time frame have you on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi there

We have both Vertical and horizontal in a range of colours.

https://bigmickey.ie/product/horizontal-wall-fold-away-bed/

Thanks

Bigmickey
    Double in any colour at special price? Delivered fitted lusk North Dublin

• Advertisement

Double in any colour at special price? Delivered fitted lusk North Dublin

These can take a European size mattresses but you can put a standard size mattress in them also.

European size 140cm X 200cm

Standard size 135cm X 190cm

There is quite a lot of assembly on these and not for the amateur assembler. It takes our guy and a helper who is used to them close to 3 hours. It took him 6 hours the first time he done one. I will check in the morning if there is anything that I can do a special on. We have them both on display in our showroom in Longford if you wish to view in advance of purchase.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Advertisement