Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the King

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Hanley wrote: »
    Probably a flexability thing on the squats, perhaps dormant muscles somewhere.

To be hoenst it is something that is worth getting checked out. In my opinion if I could do it all again I'd have no problem taking the hit and going to a physio to get that checked out rather than end up injured down the line from it.

Just something to think about. you could probably sort it on your own over time too tho... Single leg work will obviously help.

Ok I'll bear that in mind. Will keep an eye on it and not push on if feeling pain. Today was fine re the right knee.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

72kg the past few mornings.

Sunday October 14th:

8.5km cycle around the marshes. Found a pitch and putt club about 1.5km away from home. Will try it out someday even though we all know that F1 racing, snooker and golf are pretend sports.

Monday October 15th:

Bulgarian Single Leg Split Squat
    bodyweight, per leg x8
    bodyweight + 5kg plate per arm, per leg x8 x8
    ---
    Twist machine (for core)
    20kg each side x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Pull Ups (palms in, medium grip)
    x8 x4 x2 x1

Dips
    x8 x4 x2 x1
    ---
    Push ups & alternating Dumbbell Row
    7kg per arm x8 x8 x8 ... this one always gets me some odd looks

Lateral Raise
    7kg per arm x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Deadlift 85kg x5 x4 x3 ... lost concentration and mixed stiff leg with standard as there were so many people milling around in front and behind me whilst I was doing the lift. My hamstrings must be lengthening a bit though as I am managing to touch the plates off the ground at the end of the stiff legged reps. Maybe it is just the weight tearing them to shreds.
    ---
    Bench Press
    60kg x8 x8 x8 ... content to manage this weight and reps / sets following the dips and pushup rows. Seem to be getting stronger.

Calf Raise
    bodyweight x20 x20 x20

Bicep Curl Dumbbell
    10kg per arm x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Military Press Seated Dumbbell
    17.5kg per arm x8 x8 x8 x8 x8 x8

Lunges
    bodyweight per leg x8 x8 x8 x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Front Raise
    7kg per arm alternating x10 x10 x10

Calf Raise
    7kg per arm x20 x20 x20

Wednesday October 17th:

Bench Press (incline)
    65kg x5 x5 x5
    55kg x8 x8 x8
    45kg x10 x10 x10

Bicep Curl
    17.5kg per arm x5 x4 x3 x2 x1 x1

Calf Raises
    bodyweight x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Deadlift (stiff leg)
    90kg x5 x4 x3
    60kg x8 x8 x8 ... this felt so light after 90kg

Lateral Raise
    10kg x5 x5 x5

Military Press (standing dumbbell)
    10kg per arm x8 x8 x8 ... bit too light but ok-ish as a recovery superset with deadlifts above
    ---
    Seated High Row (machine)
    50kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Swiss Ball Crunch
    x25 x25 x25 ... need to add weight here next time. Get bored doing so many.

Calf Raises
    bodyweight x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Leg Extension ... all these one leg at a time to ensure they are doing same work
    15kg x8 x8 x8
    20kg x5 x5 x5
    25kg x3 x3 x3

Leg Curl ... again alternating one leg at a time
    15kg x8 x8 x8
    20kg x5 x5 x5
    15kg x8 x8 x8 ... so my quads are stronger than my hams, and my right ham is stronger than my left. Couldn't up the weight to 25kg for the last leg curl set
    ---
    Seated High Row (machine)
    30kg x8 x8 x8 ... lowered the weight from 50kg in set above to 30kg to concentrate on form, keeping elbows high
    ---
    Shrugs
    15kg plate per arm x10 x10 x10

Calf Raises
    15kg plate per arm x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Lat Pull Down
    50kg x8 x8 x8

• Advertisement

Thursday October 18th:

Row 5 mins, 1177 metres, 70-ish cals
    ---
    Run 3km (14:36), 250-ish cals
    ---
    Pec Fly (Dumbbell incline)
    9kg x10 x10 x10

One Arm Dumbbell Row (incline)
    17.5kg per arm x10 x10 x10
    ---
    High Row (machine)
    50kg x8 x8 x8

Pec Fly (machine)
    55kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Squat
    20kg x8
    30kg x8
    40kg x8
    50kg x8
    60kg x8

A bit of cardio today to warm up. Moderate intensity session. Didn't want to be dying by the end as I have been the past few days. Find it hard to sleep if my CNS is caving in, plus want to get a session in tomorrow before heading away for a long weekend.

Squats felt ok, no pain in right knee. Was more concerned about watching out for that than checking form today. Hmmm.

Tuesday October 23rd:

Row 2 mins on level1 "The Fish Game" ... The harder you row the higher your fish swims and vice versa on the lcd display. Aim is to avoid the big fish and swoop around them to grab food. Could only manage 2 mins of 4. Never seen anything like that before on a rower!
    ---
    Bulgarian Split Squats
    10kg plate per arm, alternating legs x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Military Press (seated, dumbbell)
    17.5kg x8 x8 x8

Bicep Curl (dumbbell)
    17.5kg x3 x3 x3
    ---
    Bench Press (dumbbell)
    22.5kg per arm x8
    25kg per arm x8 x8
    22.5kg per arm x8

Calf Raises
    bodweight x20 x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Squats
    30kg x8
    50kg x8
    70kg x8
    75kg x4
    60kg x8 x8 x8
    20kg x8 x8 x8

Shrugs
    15kg plate per arm x20 x20 x20

Military Press (standing, behind neck with oly bar)
    20kg x8 x8 x8

No workout since last Thursday. Nice to have a few days off and let the body recover. Waking up to lack of DOMS for once in a while is great.

BossArky wrote: »
    Tuesday October 23rd:

Bench Press (dumbbell)
    22.5kg per arm x8
    25kg per arm x8 x8
    22.5kg per arm x8

Woke up the day after the last workout above with a sharp pain in my lower left back muscles. Think I pulled something when sitting back into the dumbbell bench with the weights on my legs. Seat was a bit lower than back support when flat so possibly back wasn't flat. May try gym tomorrow, but haven't done anything in past days to recover.

Sunday October 28th

Standing Dumbbell Military Press
    10kg per arm x15 x15 x15

Bicep Curl
    10kg per arm x15 x15 x15

Calf Raise
    10kg per arm x15 x15 x15

Light mini workout at home.

Monday October 29th:

Pull Ups
    x5 x5 x5

Dips
    x5 x5 x5
    ---
    Bulgarian Split Squats
    5kg plate per arm x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Seated High Row Machine
    50kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Leg Extension ... one leg at a time to build up individual strength
    15kg x8
    20kg x8
    25kg x8
    20kg x8
    15kg x8
    ---
    Leg Curl ... one leg at a time to build up individual strength
    15kg x8
    20kg x8
    25kg x8 ... hard to finish on the left hamstring. Right side alot stronger
    20kg x8
    15kg x8
    ---
    Situps ... felt awkard today. Hips sockets cracking at the mid front of each leg!
    10kg behind neck x10
    10kg in front of neck x10
    10kg behind neck x10
    ---
    Bench Press
    70kg x5
    60kg x5
    50kg x5
    40kg x5
    30kg x5
    20kg x5
    30kg x5
    40kg x5
    50kg x5
    60kg x5
    70kg x1
    ---
    Squat
    30kg x8
    60kg x8
    40kg x8
    30kg x8
    20kg x8

First proper session for the past two weeks or so due to changing jobs and a sore back. Took it easy enough. Satisfied. Forgot I had done leg curls, extensions and split squats before attempting the standard squats. The weeks off gave my body time to recover a bit so these last squats plus bench were stronger than normal after the other bits and pieces.

Approx 72kg these days and my cheap bodyfat monitor gives me two readings: 21.6 bodyfat :eek: and BMI 24.9. The first one seems total rubbish as I reckon I'm around 10 to 12 ish bodyfat now, but the BMI could be correct.

Anyway, even though the numbers may be wrong, they are consistently wrong as I performed the test 6 times, first three when very thirsty, second three after drinking about a litre. Each result was identical.

Going forward I will include these random numbers and see if they go up or down. The BMI one was a bit over 25 when I checked in the past 6 months.

• Advertisement

Thursday November 1st:

Pull Ups (wide, open)
    x5 x5 x5

Dips
    x5 x5 x5
    ---
    Deadlift (standard)
    75kg x8 x8 x8

Bicep Curl Dumbbell
    10 or 14kg per arm? x5 x5 x5
    ---
    Bench Press (decline)
    65kg x6 x6 x4

Situps (decline)
    x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Squat
    42.5kg x5 x5 x5
    60kg x5 x5 x5

Military Press (standing, Oly bar)
    42.5kg x5 x5 x5

Shrugs
    15kg plate per arm x20 x20 x20
    ---

Gym got new equipment which includes incline, decline and new flat bench plus more pull up frames. About time.

Friday November 2nd:

Pull Ups (close parallel grip)
    x11 x8 x4 ... probably a personal best there. Have been doing wide / open grip pull ups for the past months. New equipment in gym allowed tonights close grip parallels and they felt good

Bulgarian Split Squats
    5kg per arm, alternating each leg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Bench Press
    70kg x4 x3 x3 x3
    ---
    Squat
    40kg x8
    50kg x8
    60kg x8

Lateral Raises
    4kg x10 x10 x10 ... just stretching a bit whilst recovering from squats
    ---
    Low Row (machine) ... one arm at a time, alternating sides
    30kg x10
    35kg x10
    40kg x10
    45kg x10
    50kg x10 ... usually I do the low row at max 50kg with two arms, so today I was suprised to find out that it feels pretty easy to do similar weight with just one arm rowing and the other stabilising on the middle handle. Felt great, especially after the bench to balance things out. Will do these one arm at a time in future. I'm guessing they have pretty similar effect as one arm dumbbell rows, just easier to get higher weights moving

Happy with the pull ups and one armed rows today.

Saturday November 3rd:

Row 5 mins (1147 metres) ... approx 65 cals
    ---
    Run 3km (14:47) ... approx 250 cals
    ---
    Squat
    50kg x8 x8 x8
    40kg x8 x8 x8
    30kg x8 x8 x8

Shrugs
    15kg plate per arm
    x8 x8 x8
    x8 x8 x8
    x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Military Press (standing, Oly bar, behind neck)
    30kg x8
    ---
    Knee Ups (to chest on Pull Up Bar)
    x10

Some cardio today and gave the chest a rest.

Just measured my biceps for the laugh. They are pretty sore from pull ups and rows recently.

Left:
    • Unflexed 12.5 inches
    • Flexed 14 inches

Right
    • Unflexed 13 inches
    • Flexed 14.25 inches

Following on from the above, I found the following website which aims to give you target measurements for various body parts based upon your wrist size :confused:

The stanards are based upon the "Grecian Ideal" taken from excavated statues. Apparently it was the Victorian bodybuilders obsession to have the "ideal" proportions found on newly excavated Greek and Roman Statues of that time.

Anyway based upon my wrist size of 7 inches here is how I measure up to the "Grecian Ideal":

Body part: Target / Me (inches)
    • Chest: 45.5 / 37.5 :mad:
    • Waist: 31.85 / 32 :)
    • Hips: 38.68 / 34 :confused:
    • Bicep: 16.38 / L 14, R 14.25 :mad:
    • Forearm: 13.19 / L 10.7, R 11 :mad:
    • Thigh: 24.12 / L 22.5, R 23 :mad:
    • Calf: 15.47 / L 15.5, R 16 :)
    • Neck: 16.84 / 14.5 :confused:

Now, I'm not too sure what that tells me apart from the fact that I need to grow my neck a bit and my chest a lot.

The target figures are based on someone who is 5' 8'' / 5' 9''.... so at 5' 7'' I'll cut myself some slack on those numbers.

Sunday November 4th:

Knee Ups (to chest on Pull Up Bar)
    x10
    ---
    One Arm Dumbbell Row
    17.5kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Bench Dumbbell Incline
    25kg x8 x8 x8 ... personal best there I think

Lateral Raise
    8kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Deadlift (standard)
    60kg x8 x8 x8

Bicep Curl Dumbbell
    12.5kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Lat Pulldown
    50kg x8 x8 x8

Calf Raise
    x20 x20 x20

Not sure when I'm going to get to the gym again so forced myself to go today even though I was pretty knackered from the last few workouts on the trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hey there Boss. Im definitely interested in following your routine. It sounds like we have the same goals, and the same shape. Well at least when you started out!!!
    Did you have a routine that you followed at the start? Just wondering because if not I'll just read through your posts and sumarise your routine.

Friday November 9th:

Pull ups (parallel grip)
    x10 x7 x7 ... superset each of the pull up sets with one of the press sets below

Knee Ups (hanging from pull up bar)
    x5 x5 x5 ... did these directly after the pull ups, whilst still hanging there. Ab muscles almost cramped and popped out

Bench Press (dumbbell) ... slight incline
    25kg per arm x10
    22.5kg per arm x10 x10

Military Press (standing, dumbbell)
    17.5kg per arm x5 x5 x5

Bench Press ... bit more of an incline than above
    22.5kg per arm x8
    20kg per arm x8 x8
    ---
    Run 2km (12:00 mins, 170 cals) ... I jogged as the weights area was too packed to deadlift right now
    ---
    Deadlift
    75kg x8 x8 x8 ... first time I've ever seen anyone else deadlift in my gym. A guy was doing 50kg behind me on a foot stand a few inches off the floor

Bicep Curl
    15kg per arm x5 x5 x5
    ---
    Military Press (standing, barbell)
    40kg x8 ... got kicked out of the gym midway though this set. I was even called "sir"!
    ---

Glad to be back in the gym tonight. Have been away in the midst of nowhere with work this week, and will be for the next month or so. Need to hatch a plan of action to keep in shape. It may involve a monster commute to get get back home to the gym every few days.

Hey there Boss. Im definitely interested in following your routine. It sounds like we have the same goals, and the same shape. Well at least when you started out!!!
    Did you have a routine that you followed at the start? Just wondering because if not I'll just read through your posts and sumarise your routine.

Hey WLR, I started out initially with the intention of burning off 5 or 6 kg. I managed this through warming up with some rowing, then running, then weights. You need to cut the junk (too much bread, pasta late at night, chocs, alcohol ) down to very little.

Others will tell you that weights should be done before cardio. The reason I did the cardio first was 'cos I was gearing up for some triathlons and runs... and needed to get fit fast, like in a 3 or 4 month time frame. Doing the cardio first meant I could put all my energy into it (recently I've tried running after heavy deadlifts / squats /bench... and it is waaaay harder than when you are fresh).

So, this approach got me down to 69kg or so if I remember correctly. Problem was that now I looked skinny.

Step 2 - put some muscle on my fatless frame :D

I started seriously thinking about bench press, squat and deadlift. Concentrated on eating more protein (tuna, almonds, chicken). Avoided too much bread, and didn't eat late at night. This combination of heavy lifts (for me) all approximately my bodyweight, got me up to 72kg where I am today.

I need to throw in a small bit more cardio as I want to get to 70kg on the dot whilst getting a bit stronger.

To sum up, I didn't follow any particular plan apart from the above & reading the forum here. Start a log, watch what you eat, and I'm sure that in a few months you'll be getting the results you want.

Remember that if you are getting measured for your wedding suit, leave it until about 6 weeks before the wedding if you are going to be losing weight up until then. You don't want one that you get fitted for now hanging off you like a sack in 8 months time :) Good luck!

Saturday November 10th:

Cycle 4km ... outdoors tracking down an ebay parcel
    ---
    Deadlift (stiff leg)
    40kg x8 x8 x8

Military Press (standing, barbell)
    40kg x8 x8 x8

Bent Over Row (barbell)
    40kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Side Bends
    15kg plate per arm, alternaing sides x10 x10 x10

Lateral Raise
    10kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Squat
    40kg x8
    60kg x8
    70kg x5
    60kg x8
    40kg x8
    50kg x8
    50kg x8
    50kg x8
    ---
    Lat Pull down
    50kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Pull ups (parallel grip)
    x5 x4 x3
    ---
    Leg Raise
    x5 x5 x5 x5 (hanging, knees bent)
    x5 (hanging, straight leg)
    ---
    Run 2km (10:30 mins, 165 cals)
    ---
    Single Leg Split Squat
    5kg plate per arm, x8 x8 x8

Shrugs
    5kg plater per arm, x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Deadlift (stiff leg)
    40kg x8 x8 x8
    ---

On the way out I asked the guy behind the reception counter if they had any decent whey. Usually there are a few tubs in a display cabinet. He didn't have a clue what I was looking for, as he attempted to sell me first protein shake sachets, then weight gainer, then creatine.

Instead, I went 50 metres down the road and got some strawberry flavoured "Body Supreme - Pure Whey". Lets see what this stuff is like.

• Advertisement

71kg this morning, which is down a kg since I last measured. This is probably due to a diet of sandwiches the past week.

Doms in traps, biceps, chest and triceps now after yesterdays workout. Going to go tomorrow anyway to make the most of my available gym time.

Sunday November 11th:

Pull Ups (parallel)
    x10 x6 x5 ... third day in a row doing pull ups. Saving up a lot for my pain piggy back. Interest due tomorrow I guess.

Hanging Leg Raises (knees bent)
    x10 x6 x5
    ---
    Bench Press (decline)
    20kg x10
    55kg x5
    75kg x3
    80kg x1.5 :eek::D:cool: :p personal best!
    75kg x3
    55kg x5
    20kg x65 (yes, sixty-five) :eek: ... :eek: . :eek: ... was aiming for 50 reps, got to 60 and aimed for 75reps... died at 65. First 60 were really fast. I was hopping up and down off the bench.
    ---
    Squat
    55kg x5
    65kg x5
    75kg x5 ... nice one.. heaviest squat for a while. Using wide stance again which gives me more power
    65kg x5
    55kg x5

Bicep Curl (dumbbell)
    17.5kg per arm, alternating, x3 x3 x3 x3 x3
    ---
    Deadlift (stiff leg)
    50kg x10 x10 x10 ... felt good to do these after squats. Used 10kg and 5kg plates on each side so bar was closer to the ground and more of a stretch than if using 20kg per side for a 60kg lift. Didn't go too heavy today as did SLDL yesterday
    ---
    Military Press (barbell, standing)
    45kg x5 x5 x3 ... couldn't squeeze out the last 2 reps of the last set
    ---
    Run 2km (10:45 mins, 169 cals)
    ---

Very happy with bench press personal best today. I was aiming to try 80kg on the flat bench, but since it was in constant use I jumped on the decline bench instead.

Squats came off very well today too, now that I'm using a wider stance. For the past few weeks I was using a narrow one due to fear over a knee pain I got a while back. Seems fine now though.

Weighted about 72kg this morning.

What a day, what a man :p

Friday November 16th:

Pull Ups (parallel grip)
    x8 x8 x6

x8 x8 x6

Military Press (standing barbell)
    45kg x7 x7 x5
    ---
    Military Press (dumbbells)
    17.5kg per arm, x8 x8 x8

Bicep Curl (dumbbells)
    17.5kg per arm, x3 x3 x3
    ---
    Deadlift
    55kg x5
    85kg x5
    105kg x1 ... personal best :D 1.5 times bodyweight, give or take 2kg
    105kg x1
    85kg x5
    55kg x5
    ---
    Squat
    55kg x3 x3 x3 ... just something light to get the blood flowing

Side Bends
    15kg plate per arm, alternating x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Cross-Trainer 1km (5:10 mins, 55 cals) ... felt very gay on this machine :eek: Wanted to try it out to see why so many people waste their time on it. First and last time for a while.
    ---
    Run 2km (9:29 mins, 169 cals) ... fastest run for a while. Just getting back into cardio now purely for the reason that my suits are getting kinda tight with what seems to be muscle :cool: Hopefully the cardio will cut away what fat is left.
    ---

Pleased to have deadlifted a personal best tonight, especially since I've broken the 100kg mark for the first time with any lifts. Tonight was the first time a deadlift has actually felt heavy. Before it was more a case of my grip tiring when doing 3 sets of 8. However, 105kg x1, then again felt really really heavy on the mid back... as if I was not going to be able to stand up straight. Anyway, I managed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

---
    Run 2km (9:29 mins, 169 cals) ... fastest run for a while. Just getting back into cardio now purely for the reason that my suits are getting kinda tight with what seems to be muscle :cool: Hopefully the cardio will cut away what fat is left.
    ---

Nicely said;)

Pleased to have deadlifted a personal best tonight, especially since I've broken the 100kg mark for the first time with any lifts. Tonight was the first time a deadlift has actually felt heavy. Before it was more a case of my grip tiring when doing 3 sets of 8. However, 105kg x1, then again felt really really heavy on the mid back... as if I was not going to be able to stand up straight. Anyway, I managed it.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on that, tbh I know fcuk all about weights but I know the significance of a PB. Good stuff.

Cheers. I'm feeling it today tho!

Wednesday 21st November:

Pull Ups
    x5 x5 x5

x5 x5 x5

Lateral Raise
    10kg x5 x5 x5
    ---
    Squat ... was hoping to try for a pb today (>80kg) but legs weren't up for it so I got up to 70kg, then backed off
    20kg x5
    40kg x5
    60kg x5
    70kg x3
    60kg x5
    40kg x5
    ---
    Deadlift (standard)
    80kg x8
    100kg x4
    110kg x1 ... new pb. Just getting into my deadlifting now so enjoying trying these higher weights
    80kg x4
    ---
    Bench Press (oly bar)
    55kg x5
    85kg x3 ... this would have been a pb if the spotter didn't keep touching the bar, so not really sure and I suppose it cannot count
    75kg x3
    75kg x2
    75kg x1
    ---
    Bench Press (dumbbell)
    25kg per arm, x5 x5 x5

Bicep Curl (dumbbell)
    17.5kg per arm, alternating, x5 x5 x5 ... pb
    ---
    One Arm Row (dumbbell)
    20kg per arm, alternating, x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Single Leg Split Squat
    5kg plater per arm, x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Push Up & Row Combo
    12.5kg x5 ... dumbbells rolling all over the place so stopped after 5

Standing Military Press
    12.5kg x5
    ---
    Run 1km (6:00 mins, 85 cals)
    ---
    Pec Fly (machine)
    55kg x10 x10 x10
    ---
    High Row (machine)
    50kg x8 x8 x8
    ---

First time in the gym for 5 days due to studying for an exam today. Finished now so wahheeeeyy! I was looking forward to using up all the pent up energy.

Took the camera with me to video squats. However it was too crowded so I'll have to do that another day instead. Probably a good job too since my legs felt really weak on squat at start.

For the bench press at 85kg I called in a spotter when going for the lift. He kept touching the bar so I really don't think I got those 85kgs at all. Aren't spotters just supposed to stop you get chopped in half when you fail?!

In summary: I need to bust my legs up good and get stronger down there.

Friday November 23rd:

Run 5km (24:21 mins, ~480 cals)
    ---
    Pull Ups (parallel grip)
    x8 x6 x4

x8 x6 x4
    ---
    Deadlift (stiff leg)
    40kg x8
    50kg x8
    60kg x8
    50kg x8
    40kg x8
    ---

Very sore today from my over exuberant session on Wednesday. Went for a run and finished with a few bits and pieces. Good session though apart from when my sweaty hands almost lost their grip on the pull up bar when I had my knees to shoulders.

Saturday November 24th:

Pull Ups (parallel grip)
    x8 x6 x4

x8 x6 x4
    ---
    Situps (decline)
    x15 x15 x15
    ---
    Bench Press (decline)
    40kg x8
    60kg x8 x8 x8
    70kg x1
    40kg x8
    ---
    Bench Press (incline)
    20kg x10
    55kg x5
    65kg x0 ... fail
    55kg x5 x5
    25kg x10
    ---
    Military Press (seated, dumbbell)
    20kg per arm, x8 x6 x6 x6 x4
    ---
    Pec Fly (machine)
    55kg x8 x8 x8
    ---

BossArky wrote: »
    Monday October 29th:

Approx 72kg these days and my cheap bodyfat monitor gives me two readings: 21.6 bodyfat :eek: and BMI 24.9. The first one seems total rubbish as I reckon I'm around 10 to 12 ish bodyfat now, but the BMI could be correct.

I'm a tiny bit under 72kg this morning and have exactly the same readings as about a month ago (above).

• Advertisement

Sunday November 25th:

Pull Ups
    x8 x6 x6 x4 x2

x8 x6 x6 x4 x2
    ---
    Reverse Fly (dumbbells)
    6kg x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Side Bends
    15kg plate per arm, x10 x10 x10 ... some fellow commented that he put his back out doing side bends the way I was doing them. Therefore I restricted my range of motion so that I don't bend over as much
    ---
    Squats
    20kg x8
    45kg x5
    65kg x5 ... thought this one was being video'd but camera wasn't on
    65kg x5 ... video to follow
    65kg x3 ... video to follow
    55kg x5
    45kg x5
    ---
    Deadlift (stiff leg)
    65kg x8 x8 x8