Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the King

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Saturday August 4th:

Cycle 24km - to pick up my numbers & wrist band for Sunday's triathlon.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Sunday August 5th:

London Triathlon - Olympic Distance

swim 1.5 km (43m 42s)
    cycle 40 km (1h 13m 39s)
    run 10km (58m 40s)

--> total time = 3h 03m 57s

Going into this race I had no clue as to what kind of performance I was going to pull off. Thus I was pleased to break the 3 hr 30 mark, and almost the 3 hour one. I had been chastised for not swimming at all in preparation for this race - jokes were floating around about sending out the lifeboat on Monday morning to find me.

Actually, making it out of the water after the swim was, in my head, the equivalent of winning the race itself. After that the bike and run were plain sailing. The pressure was off.

So what did I learn? There are alot of people in London who are fitter than I. I've proven to myself that I can do an Olympic distance triathlon. Unfortunately there is no leperachan at the end with a bag of gold and all the answers to lives questions. Still, it was a good laugh. Having the triathlon as a goal during the past few months cardio training was an incentive and helped me to push harder than I may have done. However, I still know there is a lot left in the barrell and I could do a lot better next time (I'm looking at you swim).

What will I do differently in preparation next time? Actually swim in the 6 months before the triathlon. I took both transitions pretty handy and could have made up a few mins in those, possibly getting my under the 3 hour mark.

Will there be a next time? For the bike, yes. For the run, yes. For the swim - if I spend the last few moments of my life in the middle of the Atlantic frantically trying to outswim the corkscrew effect pulling my sinking ship down then maybe, just maybe, I may swim 1.5km again.

Next time, if I get my swimming up to scratch I may do the Olympic distance again - if not I'll cut my looses and return to the half distance Sprint. There was a noticeable difference between the fitness level of last year's Sprint Vs this years Olympic distance competitors. i.e. I didn't pass many people this year, even though I was fitter than last year.

In the water I stayed towards the back & left side and took the swimming handy until I was towards the end of the bunch, out of reach of swinging arms and big toes. After 5 mins of so I was into a rhythm, slowly alternating between breast stroke and front crawl, inching my way (literally) up the docks. The race started at 6:50am (delayed from 6:30am) when the sun was just rising on the horizon causing horrendous flare on the inside of my goggles. Having no clue which way to aim, I followed the hullabullo of sound which was the rapidly departing bunch of decent swimmers. Pretty soon I was left to my own devices with a handful of other dodgy swimmers slashing around in the vicinity.

This is where my mind turned to my upcoming holidays - the sun was shining, I was in the water, it was calm and peacful... maybe I was going to make it.

And so on I went for what seemed like an eternity, gradually splish splashing my way further along towards the turning point, eventually rounding it... and horray, off in the distance I see the Excel centre, where I will be getting out of the water. Things were looking good.

However, just as the light of the end of the tunnel can also be the headlamp of the on-coming train, my spirits dropped as I gradually became aware of what sounded like a herd of stampeding horses on the approach. What could this be? A plane overhead landing at City airport? One of the life-guards motorboats? My stomach rumbling?

..Oh oh... looking to my left, back the way I had just come, I realise what the sound is - the marshals have released the second wave of swimmers earlier than the planned 30 mins start between swimming waves (as my wave was delayed they shortened the 30 mins to 15 or 20). I estimate I have got about 5 to 10 minutes before the first few elite swimmers from that group catch me and overtake. This I am not worried about. However, I am worried about the hundreds of more bulky elbow and ankle wielding swimmers who will be battering me out of the way if I don't get my act together and get out of either their way, or the water.

Luckily the first 30 mins or so in the water had warmed me up, and I put in a quicker last swim section to get out of the water at the head of the second wave with just a few bumps and duckings.

Ok I was out of the water! The wetsuit was coming off! I was a dolphin! A merman! I was like Jesus, just finished a casual stroll on the sea of Galilee! The crowds cheering probably thought I was the first guy out of the water from the second wave, not realising I was just some slow sea cow from the first wave. Haha, in my mind those cheers were for me!

I experimented with carb gels and carb pills - they work. I didn't "hit the wall" as towards the end of the London to Brighton cycle. I also drank approx 1 litre on the bike, and about 250ml during the first 5km of the 10km run.

As already mentioned, the bike and the run were fine after this. I know I can cycle fast enough, and I have trained a fair bit for running in the past months. This triathlon was all about the swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

congrats!! Thats a really well written account btw, i lol'd in places

congrats again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Congrats mate, very interesting report.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Well done, that's pretty hardcore. Triathletes are definately one of my most respected group of athletes.

• Advertisement

Tuesday August 8th:

Bench Press
    67.5kg x3
    65kg x3
    57.5kg x6
    55kg x6 x6 x6 x6 x6

Squat
    75kg x5 x5 x5 *personal best*
    65kg x5 x5

Deadlift
    (stiff leg) 75kg x6 x6 x6 *personal best*
    (sumo stance) 55kg x8 x8

Military Press
    20kg x10 x10 x10

Pull Ups to squat bar... knackered
    x3 x3 x3

Calf Raises
    x20 x20 x20 x20

First work out after Sunday. No cardio for a change. Felt odd to go straight to weights without sweating litres from a run.

Was going for a pb on the bench (75kg) but got nowhere near it. Felt weak. Not eaten much in the past day.

Realised half way through my bench pressing that the reason things were feeling heavier than normal was down to the new clamps at the end of the bar, together adding 5kg (it says they weight 2.5kg on each one).

Legs really start shivering with the sumo stance squat - looked odd and felt a bit strange. I presume this is due to it being the first time using that stance.

Got a pb on the squat and deadlift anyway. For the next while I'm going to work on bench, deads and squat lifts since the triathlon is behind me.

Thanks all for the triathlon support.

I suppose now is as good a time as any to reflect on this log:

Now at 71kg. Dropped 4kg since starting this log, managed to get in shape for the triathlon. Also squatted and deadlifted more than my bodyweight today, so I suppose this exercise has been a success. All I need to do now is increase my bench press by a few kg (to pass my bodyweight) and I can retire successfully having accomplished my goals!

;)

God I am sore today.

Saturday August 11th:

Run 3km (14:14)

Face Pulls
    10kg x10 x10 x10
    15kg x10 x10 x10
    20kg x10 x10 x10

Calf Raises
    x20 x20 x20
    x20 x20 x20
    x20 x20 x20

Squats
    65kg x5
    55kg x5 x5
    45kg x5 x5 x5

Sunday August 26th:

Bench Press
    62.5kg x6 x6 x4

Calf Raises
    x20 x20 x20

Bicep Curl
    10kg x10 x10 x10

Deadlift
    55kg x8 x8 x10

Squats
    30kg x8 x8 x10

Standing Barbell Military Press
    30kg x8 x8 x4

Bent Over Barbell Row
    30kg x8 x8 x8

Sit ups
    x20 x20 x20

Back contractrions (lying)
    x10 x10 x10

Run 1km (6:00)

Was on holidays in Keyna for the past 2 weeks - lots of swimming and ate loads. 70kg today. Going to try and shave 2 or 3 kg off in the next 3 months and get a proper six pack. Felt unfit today - missed the past 2 weeks working out.

• Advertisement

Monday August 27th:

Standing Dumbell Military Press
    17.5kg (per arm) x8 x8 x8

Calf Raises
    17.5kg (per arm) x20 x20 x20

Hamstring stretchs
    x10 x10 x10

Lat Pull down
    50kg x8 x8 x8

Dips
    x6 x6 x6

Run 1km (5:59)

Sit ups
    x20 x20 x20

Back extension
    x10 x10 x10

Squats
    50kg x8 x8 x8

Tuesday August 28th:

Seated Machine Row
    30kg x8
    35kg x8
    40kg x8

Peck Fly Machine
    30kg x8
    40kg x8
    50kg x8

Leg Press
    50kg x8
    60kg x8
    70kg x8

Pull up simulation (wide grip)
    50kg x8
    60kg x8
    70kg x8

Dumbell Bicep Curl
    12.5kg (per arm) x8 x6 x4

Calf Raises
    x20 x20 x20

Sit ups
    x20 x20 x20

Back extension (lying face down)
    x10 x10 x10

Run 1km (5:28)

Wednesday August 29th:

Pull ups (wide open)
    x6 x5 x4

Bench Press
    60kg x6 x5 x4

Situps (weighted machine - 15kg at both head and feet)
    x20 x20 20

Upright cable row
    30kg x8 x8 x8

Run 1km (4:58)

Friday August 31st:

(20kg per arm) x6 x5 x4

Standing Calf Raises
    (20kg per arm) x20 x20 x20

Bent Over Barbell Row
    35kg x10 x10 x10

Bicep Curl
    12.5kg x8 x6 x4

Lateral Raise
    10kg x5 x4 x3

Situps (weighted machine - 20kg at both head and feet)
    x20 x20 x20

Standing Barbell Military Press
    35kg x8 x6 x4

Pull ups (wide open)
    x6 x5 x4

Dips
    x6 x5 x4

Bench Press
    20kg x25
    25kg x20
    30kg x15

Squat
    30kg x8 x8 x8

The pull ups and dips were done in this, the Technogym Powerpage (not the machine the guy is using, but the one on the right edge of the picture .. just out of view but you should recognise it). It is a very awkard thing to do unassisted pull ups or dips in. I keep hitting my legs or knees off bits and pieces.

Saturday Sept 1st:

(17.5kg per arm) x8 x6 x4

Standing Calf Raises
    (17.5kg per arm) x20 x20 x20

Hamstring Stretches (standing legs straight and wide, bending over and back)
    x8 x6 x4
    ---
    Front Raise
    (7.5kg per arm) x6 x6 x6

Bicep Curl
    (7.5kg per arm) x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Shrugs
    (15kg plate per arm) x8 x8 x8

Standing Calf Raises
    (15kg plate per arm) x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Bench Press
    50kg x8 x6 x4
    ---
    Deadlift (standard bent leg)
    50kg x8
    55kg x8
    60kg x8
    ---
    Dumbell Side Bend
    (15kg plate in arm, one side at a time) x10 x10 x10 each side
    ---
    Situps x20 x20 x20

Back Extension (lying face down) x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Adductor
    35kg x10 x10 x10

Abductor
    35kg x10
    ---
    Run 1km (5:20)
    ---

I amd using the "---" to break up the supersets/single sets going forwards.

Sunday Sept 2nd:

---
    Press ups x20 x20 x20

Squats (bodyweight) x20 x20 x20

Situps x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Run 100 metre sprint x5

Today was a football tap around and penalty shoot out in the sun. Ended up with the mini circuit training above.

Monday Sept 3rd:

Bench Press (incline)
    60kg x7 x5 x3 x1

Squat
    60kg x7 x5 x3 x1
    ---
    Pull ups
    x5 x4 x3

Dips
    x5 x4 x3
    ---
    Situps
    x20 x20 x20

Back Extension
    x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Pec Fly
    7.5kg x10 x10 x10

17.5kg x3 x3 x3
    ---
    Lat Pull Down
    60kg x6 x5 x4

Tricep Dumbell Extension
    7.5kg x12 x10 x8
    ---
    Run 1km (6:00)

Thursday Sept 6th:

Run 5km (27:40)
    ---
    Pull Ups
    x6 x5 x4

Dips
    x6 x5 x4
    ---
    Squat
    65kg x8
    60kg x8
    40kg x8

Bench Press (incline)
    30kg x25
    20kg x25
    20kg x20
    25kg x15

Friday Sept 7th:

5 x 100m sprint in the park after kicking Green Athene's ass in penalties ;)

Bench Press (dumb bell)
    (22.5kg per arm) x10 x10 x8

Calf Raises (bodyweight)
    x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Deadlift (bent leg)
    70kg x5 x5 x5

Hamstring stretchs
    x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Bench Press (bar bell)
    70kg x3 x2 x1

Calf Raises (bodyweight)
    x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Side Bends
    15kg plate per side alternating x10 x10 x10

Shrugs
    20kg plate per arm x10 10 x10
    ---
    Bent Over Row (barbell)
    30kg x8 x8 x8

Squat
    30kg x5 x5 x5
    ---
    Tricep Extensions
    (8kg per arm) x8 x8 x6

Bicep Curl
    (12.5kg per arm) x8 x8 x6

Saturday September 8th:

Seated Row Machine (upper back)
    50kg x8 x8 x8

Seated Shoulder Press Machine
    50kg x1 :eek: ...then fail
    45kg x6 x6
    ---
    Squat
    70kg x5
    80kg x5 personal best :cool:
    70kg x5
    60kg x8 x8 x8
    40kg x11 x11 x11

Hamstring stretchs between each squat set
    ---
    Bench Press
    50kg x8
    55kg x8
    60kg x8 ... last 4 reps weren't full as wrecked from yesterday
    ---
    Pec Fly (decline)
    (8kg per arm) x10 x10 x10

Situps
    x20 x20 x20

Bent Over Barbell Row
    20kg x20 x20 x20 .. did these as fast as possible

Legs will be sore tomorrow. Happy with the squat pb of 80kg. Have made some good gains in the past week on all 3 big ones (bench, squat, deadlift). Also dropping weight and looking ripped! ;)

• Advertisement

Tuesday September 11th:

Bench Press (incline)
    60kg x5
    70kg x3
    65kg x3
    60kg x5
    60kg x3

Calf Raises
    (bodyweight) x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Front Raise
    (10kg per arm) x8 x6 x4
    ---
    Pec Fly
    (10kg per arm) x10 x10 x10 x10

Bicep Curl
    (10kg per arm) x8 x8 x4 x4 x4 x4
    ---
    Deadlift
    80kg x4 x4 x2 personal best
    50kg x4 x4 x4

Hamstring stretches

Side Bends
    (15kg per arm alternating) x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Pullover Dumbbell
    12.5kg x10 x10 x10

Lunges
    (bodyweight) x8 x8 x8 per side
    ---
    Pull Ups
    x5 x3 x1

Dips
    x5 x3 x1
    ---
    Cable Fly incline
    (10kg per arm) x8
    (5kg per arm) x8 x8

Situp Crunch Machine
    x20 x20
    ---

Pretty wrecked in the lower back area after tonights deadlifting. Muscles feel numb. Odd sensation as not used to using these muscles. Content to get a pb with 80kg. Just getting used to deadlift now and hoping my form looks correct.

Tonight I was planning to bust up my chest. I feel that my bench pressing is all done through my arms and not chest, hence tonight I threw in extra pec flys and started doing pullovers and more front raises. Will see if this makes any difference. Also did some heavy incline bench to hit the upper portion. Finished off with the cable fly. I suck at that.

Just having my tuna smoothie to recover ;)

Wednesday September 12th:

Bench Press (flat)
    75kg x3 x3 x3 x3 ... just about failing on later reps

Upright Barbell Row
    35kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Shrugs
    (20kg plate per arm) x10 x10 x10

Calf Raises
    (bodyweight) x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Tricep Extension
    (7kg per arm) x12 x10 x8
    ---
    Seated Row Machine (upper back)
    50kg x8
    45kg x8
    40kg x8

Seated Overhead Press Machine
    40kg x8 ... just about failing on later reps
    35kg x8
    30kg x8
    ---
    Lat Pull Down
    50kg x8 x6 x4 .... I was in bits by the time I got to the lat pull downs

Dips
    x4 x3 x2
    ---
    Squat
    75kg x3 x3
    70kg x3
    60kg x3

Standing Dumbbell Military Press
    12.5kg x3 x3 ... could not manage another 2 sets to keep the superset symmetrical. Bench and overhead press machine drained me
    ---
    Crunches x20 x20 x20

Back Extension x10 x10 x10
    ---

Pretty wrecked after tonight and last nights workouts back to back. Wanted to get to the gym tonight to burn some calories as cannot make it tomorrow and the day after.

Had a spotter for the bench tonight so managed to go heavier than normal with the 4 sets of 75kg 3 reps. Didn't feel as bad as I would have expected. Wouldn't have chanced it without a spotter in case I stapled myself to the bench.

Squats were heavy, low reps and legs dead from yesterday. Didn't manage to even get down to parallel. Probably need to keep weight a bit lower and work on deeper squats for a while to build up.... or else rest and eat more :eek:

Biceps and Triceps in bits. Arms shivering and twitching now.

Good evening to be in the gym as everyone else was watching the football. It was on in the gym too so didn't miss much.

Friday September 14th:

Bench Press (incline)
    60kg x8 x8 x8
    25kg x25 x20 x15
    20kg x20 x20 x20

Bicep Curl (dumbbell)
    10kg per arm x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Crunch Machine
    25kg at feet x10 x10 x10

Upright Row
    40kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Squat
    60kg x8 x8 x8

Not much energy so kept the squat and bench light. Was out last night and didn't eat enough so far today.

I have come up with a plan to take me until the end of the year. The aim is to increase on the 4 lifts mentioned below, all at 3 sets of 8 reps.

Currently my bodyweight first thing in the morning is a tiny bit under 70kg / 154 lbs. By end of December I plan to be 67kg / 147.5 lbs.

Currently I'm confident I can perform 3 sets of 8 reps at the following weight:

Current Bench Press 60kg (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 65kg
    End of Oct 70kg
    End of Nov 75kg
    End of Dec 80kg

Current Squat 65kg (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 75kg
    End of Oct 85kg
    End of Nov 95kg
    End of Dec 105kg

Current Deadlift 63kg (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 78kg
    End of Oct 93kg
    End of Nov 108kg
    End of Dec 123kg

Current Standing Military Press 40kg (barbell) (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 44kg
    End of Oct 48kg
    End of Nov 52kg
    End of Dec 55kg

Where are these targets coming from I hear you ask? I found them on the Cross Fit weight standards. I'm aiming to get to the intermediate range.

Hopefully by documenting the targets here I can refer back and keep on track over the next months.

On top of this I'm going to focus on eating enough protein (tuna, almonds, chicken, milk?) to keep lean muscle mass growth on the up, whilst hopefully watching the carbs and fats.

BossArky wrote:
    I have come up with a plan to take me until the end of the year. The aim is to increase on the 4 lifts mentioned below, all at 3 sets of 8 reps.

Currently my bodyweight first thing in the morning is a tiny bit under 70kg / 154 lbs. By end of December I plan to be 67kg / 147.5 lbs.

Currently I'm confident I can perform 3 sets of 8 reps at the following weight:

Current Bench Press 60kg (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 65kg
    End of Oct 70kg
    End of Nov 75kg
    End of Dec 80kg

Current Squat 65kg (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 75kg
    End of Oct 85kg
    End of Nov 95kg
    End of Dec 105kg

Current Deadlift 63kg (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 78kg
    End of Oct 93kg
    End of Nov 108kg
    End of Dec 123kg

Current Standing Military Press 40kg (barbell) (3 sets of 8 reps)
    Aims:
    End of Sept 44kg
    End of Oct 48kg
    End of Nov 52kg
    End of Dec 55kg

Some nice goals there, are you following a set plan to reach them? or are you just goint to slowly increase the weight?

Also good fats are good, so if you are cutting fat from your diet try to not cut out the good stuff too much.

I know you love your tuna, so you shouldnt have much problem keeping your protein high, but i try to vary my sources of protein, eggs, red meat, chicken, varieties of fish and mixed seeds and nuts (for the good fats and protein).

Saturday September 15th:

Deadlift
    63kg x8 x8 x8

Calf Raises
    bodyweight x20 x20 x20

Hamstring stretch x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Standing Military Press Barbell
    42.5kg x8 x7 x4 ... that was tough. Couldn't manage 3 sets of 8. Failed.

Bicep Curl
    17.5kg per arm x4 x3 x2 ... oooch :eek: That was a bit too heavy.

Calf Raises
    bodyweight x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Bench Press Dumbbell Incline
    20kg per arm x8 x8 x8

Calf Raises
    bodyweight x20 x20 x20 ... I just do these whilst recovering from tougher exercises. They feel pretty easy really
    ---
    Side Bend
    15kg plate per arm per side x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Lateral Raise
    10kg x5 x5 x5

Tricep Extension
    10kg per arm x5 x5 x5
    ---
    Pull Ups (palms facing each other)
    bodyweight x8 x3 x3 ... that was pretty crap. Biceps wrecked from curls.

Dips
    bodyweight x8 x3 x3 ... triceps wrecked :mad: Should maybe do these and pull ups earlier in my sessions
    ---
    Situps x20 x20 x20

Back Extension x10 x10 x10

ali.c wrote:
    Some nice goals there, are you following a set plan to reach them? or are you just goint to slowly increase the weight?

I'm aiming to do two of the four lifts per session from here on in. Today was deadlift and military press. First off I want to be sure that I can lift the weight I estimated as my current max for 3 sets of 8 reps. Succeed today with the deadlift, and possibly would have been ok on the military press if it was 2.5kg lighter.

I'm going to slowly increase the weight and try to hit the targets at the end of each month. If you have any better suggestions let me know.

ali.c wrote:
    Also good fats are good, so if you are cutting fat from your diet try to not cut out the good stuff too much.

I currently get through a 200g bag of almonds over 2 or 3 days. Ingredients state this bag has 100g of fat. Good fat I hear. That sound like enough of the good stuff or too much?

ali.c wrote:
    I know you love your tuna, so you shouldnt have much problem keeping your protein high, but i try to vary my sources of protein, eggs, red meat, chicken, varieties of fish and mixed seeds and nuts (for the good fats and protein).

Yeah I kinda rely on tuna and almonds too much for protein. I just find them really handy. Need to mix in more chicken, eggs and red meat as you say. Will try that over the next while.

Sunday September 16th:

Bench Press
    65kg x8
    62.5kg x8
    60kg x8 ... Last 4 reps of second and third sets were only partials. Overtrained in past days. Need a rest.

Squat
    65kg x8 x8 x8 ... Felt fine.
    ---
    Overhead Squat
    20kg x8 x8 x8 ... First time trying this. Felt ok, will up the weight next time

Bent Over Row Barbell
    20kg x20 x20 x20
    ---
    Pec Fly Dumbbell
    10kg x8 x8 x8

Bicep Curl
    10kg per arm x10 x8 x6
    ---
    Shrugs
    20kg plate per arm x10 x10 x10
    ---
    Crunch (swiss ball)
    x10 x10 x10

Reverse Fly (swiss ball)
    5kg x8 x8 x8 ... need to do these more often and build up the weight. Feels awkward and untrained at the moment
    ---
    Bench Press Incline
    20kg x20 x20 x20

Deadlift (Stiff Leg)
    20kg x10 x10 x10 ... wanted to stretch the hamstrings so did this lightly
    ---
    Upright Row Barbell
    25kg x8 x8 x8

Calf Raises
    25kg x8 x8 x8
    ---
    Reverse Fly Bent Over
    2.5kg x8 x8 x8 x8 x8 x8 ... first time doing this in ages. Nice stretch. Must up the weight and do more often. Very light today.

Bicep Curl
    2.5kg x10 x10 x10 ... just messing about :cool:

BossArky wrote:

I currently get through a 200g bag of almonds over 2 or 3 days. Ingredients state this bag has 100g of fat. Good fat I hear. That sound like enough of the good stuff or too much?
    So thats what between 33-50g of fat a day, seems about right tbh.

And no i dont have any other suggestions really, i personally find upping the reps or weights every session works wonders for increasing my strength!

• Advertisement

Yesterday I made a massive effort to eat as much protein as possible. To keep track I resurrected my Fit Day log which can be found here. Take a look at the food intake for September 16th.

In summary:

2764 Cals
    104g Fats
    277g Carbs
    192g Protein

That protein involved umpteen cans of tuna, sardines, scrambled eggs, and chicken. To be honest I am worried that I will not be able to stomach so much tuna day after day for the next few months.

Just before bedtime I threw two 135g drained cans of tuna into the blender with natural yogurt, milk, pine nuts and an orange. Almost puked after 1.5 glasses of the mixture (had to throw the other 3.5 glasses away ).

Think I need to find some nicer way to get lots of protein.

On the positive side, I am now 5kg lighter than last time I used fitday back in May.

Advertisement