Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-03-2018, 14:29   #46
Paddy1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julygirl105 View Post
What are people excpecting in this’verify calculation’ assessment on Friday?? I’m presuming itl be short basic maths?? And then the numerical one will be long questions with the graphs and tables etc.. What are you excpecting??
I assumed the numerical reasoning was replaced with the verify calculation I didn't think both were on it now.
Advertisement
14-03-2018, 14:40   #47
Saffiya

Have my pct next week...extremely nervous as I'm struggling with shuttle runs any suggestions as to what I can do between now and then..thanks guys
14-03-2018, 14:59   #48
JKerova1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffiya View Post
Have my pct next week...extremely nervous as I'm struggling with shuttle runs any suggestions as to what I can do between now and then..thanks guys

You're on the wrong topic...
14-03-2018, 16:11   #49
Julygirl105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy1507 View Post
I assumed the numerical reasoning was replaced with the verify calculation I didn't think both were on it now.
Oh right, glad i asked now. I thought they were easing us in with a few quick fire math questions and then if we get to next stage they will be long, more complicated questions.. 20 questions in 20mins is a bit harsh if they are long ones. It takes me 30seconds to read the question.. Il keep practicing so.
14-03-2018, 16:15   #50
Julygirl105

Quote:

While we have you here, can you tell us what the time frame is between first online assessment to the pct is??
Advertisement
14-03-2018, 16:27   #51
Saffiya

Quote:
While we have you here, can you tell us what the time frame is between first online assessment to the pct is??
Hi guys sorry posted in wrong place... did my online assessment in August 2016 and have my pct next week! I was also way down the list on order of merit so I think that's why it's taken so long
14-03-2018, 17:14   #52
Julygirl105

Quote:
Hi guys sorry posted in wrong place... did my online assessment in August 2016 and have my pct next week! I was also way down the list on order of merit so I think that's why it's taken so long
Thanks for that.. are the shuttles the same as the last campaign and 40 x 15m?? I’m worried about these too, running isn’t my thing. I’ll have no prob with the weight section but I’m concerned about the shuttle runs.. gona start doing some training..
14-03-2018, 17:26   #53
Saffiya

Quote:
Thanks for that.. are the shuttles the same as the last campaign and 40 x 15m?? I’m worried about these too, running isn’t my thing. I’ll have no prob with the weight section but I’m concerned about the shuttle runs.. gona start doing some training..
Yeah 40x15m.. I'm the same I can do the rest no problem but I'm struggling with running can do it on treadmill but once I got the fresh air it's much harder for.. my advice measure out your 15m and start practicing the runs training from now will stand to you 😊
14-03-2018, 17:53   #54
Julygirl105

Quote:
Yeah 40x15m.. I'm the same I can do the rest no problem but I'm struggling with running can do it on treadmill but once I got the fresh air it's much harder for.. my advice measure out your 15m and start practicing the runs training from now will stand to you 😊
Thanks for that. At least I know I have a while so it’s def achievable.. And the best of luck to you..
Advertisement
14-03-2018, 18:51   #55
Saffiya

Quote:
Thanks for that. At least I know I have a while so it’s def achievable.. And the best of luck to you..
No problem if you've any questions between now and then give me a pm and il see if I can help! Good luck
14-03-2018, 20:04   #56
Paddy1507

Quote:
Oh right, glad i asked now. I thought they were easing us in with a few quick fire math questions and then if we get to next stage they will be long, more complicated questions.. 20 questions in 20mins is a bit harsh if they are long ones. It takes me 30seconds to read the question.. Il keep practicing so.
I'm not to sure that's just the way I picked it up I could be wrong, anyone know for sure ??
14-03-2018, 20:35   #57
Julygirl105

Quote:
No problem if you've any questions between now and then give me a pm and il see if I can help! Good luck
You might be sorry you said that, thanks again..
19-03-2018, 07:51   #58
Caoimhe2

Has anyone completed the stage 1 online test yet closing date is Wednesday 21st. Think I completely failed the maths part.anyone have any idea of when we hear back...thanks
19-03-2018, 12:28   #59
Julygirl105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoimhe2 View Post
Has anyone completed the stage 1 online test yet closing date is Wednesday 21st. Think I completely failed the maths part.anyone have any idea of when we hear back...thanks
Hiya, I did mine on Friday and feel the same.. the maths part went awful. My mind went blank, and I wouldn’t mind but I had been practicing those types of equations for 2 days straight.. Anyway hopefully, the other 2 sections went ok and they will pull us up..

I think in the familiarization material it said April we will know.. so a bit of a wait ahead of us..

I wonder how many applied, it’s very quiet here compared to the 2016 campaign thread.
19-03-2018, 14:11   #60
User2206

Quote:
Hiya, I did mine on Friday and feel the same.. the maths part went awful. My mind went blank, and I wouldn’t mind but I had been practicing those types of equations for 2 days straight.. Anyway hopefully, the other 2 sections went ok and they will pull us up..

I think in the familiarization material it said April we will know.. so a bit of a wait ahead of us..

I wonder how many applied, it’s very quiet here compared to the 2016 campaign thread.
How did the verbal reasoning go?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion