Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

If we make it to the next stage am I right in thinking we have more assessments but in an exam setting??

Yeah that’s it’s exactly.. you go into the public job offices on abbey street to sit them in a supervised classroom based environment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Hey guys happy I found this chat , im in the same boat gutted about the.maths piece seriously are they looking for mathematians or prison officers to run their prisons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Allo1976 wrote: »
    Hey guys happy I found this chat , im in the same boat gutted about the.maths piece seriously are they looking for mathematians or prison officers to run their prisons ?

It’s the way it is and the way it is for everyone. Same for fire brigade and Gardaí too. It is what it is. If you do get to training, be prepared for more useless stuff that you’ll never need but it’s just how they do it and it has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

Allo1976 wrote: »

Yes, I think because it’s the public appointments service looking after the first part of recruitment, they have a system they follow and it’s the same across the board... but I know what you mean, it’s cruel that someone could be the best prison officer but won’t get further than stage 1 because of the maths.. it sucks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

Iv Heard there are a number of people who apply and never actually sit the test does anyone no how to find out the stats of this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

MCBRENNAN wrote: »
    Iv Heard there are a number of people who apply and never actually sit the test does anyone no how to find out the stats of this??

Seems a bit silly, I'm sure it doesn't suit some on whatever day or due to some issue etc.

Maths part was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LDWIRL

Had been putting in about 2 to 3 hours of study for the maths since the day course and online course. Flew through the math I only panicked with one question. It was actually the verbal that caught me off guard. The small font in the writing had me throw from the start. Still confident enough I'll get through to stage 2. Hope to see some of he for the exams in stage. Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shay2114

Glad you found the maths part fine.I crashed & burned at it,is there any link you practised them on so i can see where i went wrong?

Hey Does anyone have any idea when the results of the test are out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Test results are out week comencing Monday the 9th of April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 aor04

Anyone got results yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Megan7290

aor04 wrote: »
    Anyone got results yet???
    Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Megan7290 wrote: »
    Nope

Nope not yet the waiting is terrible

Megan7290 wrote: »
    Nope

I know I just want to know one way or the other now! Not very hopeful myself to be honest maths was a disaster but would still love to just get results anyway

I know I just want to know one way or the other now! Not very hopeful myself to be honest maths was a disaster but would still love to just get results anyway

I'm the same as well totally messed up the maths can't wait for the results put me out of my misery lol

I’m telling myself Friday before we get them. If it’s before even better.. but I’m the same as most, not very hopeful as I messed up the maths..

Anybody know how many will be taken forward from stage 1?? And how many they are recruiting??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 S00100668

Anybody know how many will be taken forward from stage 1?? And how many they are recruiting??

Think it's in blocks of 60 correct me if I'm wrong.... but they 'll take first 60 from stage 1 put them through stage 2 etc and as people don't make the cut more are called the 2nd 60 and so on I'm sure it's not as easy as that but that's the idea anyways I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MPREDCAP1988

Has anybody heard anything yet?

Has anybody heard anything yet?

No still nothing. The waiting is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 MPREDCAP1988

Obviously its a long process but it would be nice to at least get an update to say that its under review

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Obviously its a long process but it would be nice to at least get an update to say that its under review

I applied to take my test in 2006 and didn't get the call up until 2008. Was given barely any notice for my actual start date. My advice is to let your current employer know you're going for this if and when you hit the latter stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 S00100668

They notified us on Friday last two times so maybe expect this Friday ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Yeah I know I'm just hopin to hear something by the end of the week at least then you know for sure what your doin next

Ok Guys,
    to let ye all relax a bit and not be stressing so much.
    Results are not out until end of week.
    So be Friday.
    Best of luck to all.

Results are in

just checked mine there when i got this notification. received nothing yet . must mean i didnt do too well

Caoimhe,
    Did you do well then?
    I take it you have passed?
    What number are you on the panel?

Well maths really let me down I did great in everything else my scores were good but I failed on the maths

• Advertisement

I didn't get a number for the panel

Advertisement