Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

11-07-2019, 09:58   #5311
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna James View Post
Waiting to go for my interview... really tired so trying to keep perky! Wish I liked coffee!!
Best of luck!

Deskside with coffee.
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 10:01   #5312
Seanachai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
I'd a brilliant backpack run around Portmarnock (and the beach) in the pissing rain last night, went home and died a death.

So just up from a brilliant sleep (I'd still be asleep if Richo hadn't wanted to jump into bed beside me).

Day 4 without coffee, I'd LOVE a cup but I'll hold out.. So, porridge and since I've taken a few days leave with nothing to do I might head down to the beach with Richo for a stroll.

I love the tough runs when they're of my choosing.
It's good to sweat, would you listen to music while running?
Thanks from:
11-07-2019, 10:25   #5313
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanachai View Post
It's good to sweat, would you listen to music while running?
Yup, depending on the type of run I'll listen to anything from house to metal.

Last night was going to be a longer slow run so it was 50 Cent.

I hate running without music, cycling is the same. I listen to music cycling too.
11-07-2019, 12:06   #5314
SaltSweatSugar

Having a coffee in a lovely little cafe in my mums hometown in Mayo and listening to Dermot Kennedy. Came to visit her grave, put down some lovely lillies and just tidied it up a bit.

Heading home soon and gotta start packing for my holliers.

Last edited by SaltSweatSugar; 12-07-2019 at 00:25.
11-07-2019, 12:21   #5315
Trigger Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltSweatSugar View Post
Having a coffee in a lovely little cafe in my mums hometown in Mayo and listening to Dermot Kennedy. Came to visit her grave, put down some lovely roses and just tidied it up a bit.

Some people don't get grave visiting but I find it the most peaceful thing to do. I get great pleasure from visiting my dad's grave - just wish I could visit it more often.
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 12:30   #5316
4Ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltSweatSugar View Post
Having a coffee in a lovely little cafe in my mums hometown in Mayo and listening to Dermot Kennedy. Came to visit her grave, put down some lovely roses and just tidied it up a bit.

Some people don't get grave visiting but I find it the most peaceful thing to do. I get great pleasure from visiting my dad's grave - just wish I could visit it more often.
I visit my mothers grave at least twice a week for a little chat.I live close by so it's easier...it's a beautiful spot..
11-07-2019, 12:37   #5317
4Ad

Having a beer in a place called Mojstrana, Slovenia, came to rent a bicycle, all sold out..and I passed loads of places in the place I am staying, booked another nights accomadation, one less headache..
I got up early and did a long off road run (Tamarju in Planica) stunning..no wonder the beer is gone to my head..
11-07-2019, 12:42   #5318
Gremlinertia

Send a message via Yahoo to Gremlinertia
In the breeziest cinema in the west..
11-07-2019, 13:10   #5319
Seanachai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
Yup, depending on the type of run I'll listen to anything from house to metal.

Last night was going to be a longer slow run so it was 50 Cent.

I hate running without music, cycling is the same. I listen to music cycling too.
You might like this,

(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 13:13   #5320
Kitty6277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna James View Post
Waiting to go for my interview... really tired so trying to keep perky! Wish I liked coffee!!
Good luck!

I’m in the kitchen, just off the phone from the engineer who was inspecting the car. Few small issues but nothing major. He said for the price I probably wouldn’t get much better which I’m happy enough to hear
11-07-2019, 14:59   #5321
Witchie

Feeling sad. Just found out a girl I was friends with in school died. Haven't seen her in a few years but she was so lovely.

Her poor husband lost his first wife, a toddler daughter, mother-in-law and his unborn twins in the Omagh bombing and my friend was Stepmom to his other children.

Just hard to fathom how someone survives something like that. Those poor kids have lost 2 mammies.
11-07-2019, 15:21   #5322

About to head off to a 90th Birthday Afternoon Tea celebration for a dear old friend.
11-07-2019, 16:39   #5323
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchie View Post
Feeling sad. Just found out a girl I was friends with in school died. Haven't seen her in a few years but she was so lovely.

Her poor husband lost his first wife, a toddler daughter, mother-in-law and his unborn twins in the Omagh bombing and my friend was Stepmom to his other children.

Just hard to fathom how someone survives something like that. Those poor kids have lost 2 mammies.
Sorry to hear about your friend, that's awful.

And the poor man & his children, and those two ugly words 'Omagh bombing' will forever send chills through anyone who remembers those days.

Thankfully we're more resilient than we give ourselves credit for and your friend will get through this and hopefully find love and companionship again.

I'm not in the least bit religious but I'll certainly give that poor man and his children some thoughts from beautiful Portmarnock beach or Howth summit when I'm training later.

Not forgetting you either.
11-07-2019, 17:05   #5324
The Crazy Cat Lady

Sitting on my balcony, reading a book
11-07-2019, 17:48   #5325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchie View Post

I have to admit it. I’m crying. It’s a cruel world sometimes. Take care everyone.
Thread Closed