Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christian Bale method losing weight.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

italodisco wrote: »
    Damn, forgot to add the most important part, gym brah massive generally don't train legs just chest and arms chest and arms chest and arms....

Whereas my legs were my main focus from the very start and still are.

Ain't no gym brahs sitting at home right now feeling excited about training legs, then again maybe I'm just odd and have a secret leg fetish I'm unaware of lol

:D legs days are best days. I'm off the squats and deads for a while. Super boring gym sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Blacktie you need a full picture before deciding on caloric intake.

What will work for someone 185cm tall weighing 80kg with a tdee of 1800, training 6 days PPL (which is just begging for cns burnout) looking to bulk will not work for someone else of different stats.

It took me years of trial and error to get this right and once I did everything fell into place.

The hardest part of this journey is the food /sleep/ recovery. 99% of us are mere mortals with full time jobs and lives outside the gym, it's an absolute nightmare trying to get it right.

Too many folk are spinning their wheels day in day out in the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Blacktie you need a full picture before deciding on caloric intake.

What will work for someone 185cm tall weighing 80kg with a tdee of 1800, training 6 days PPL (which is just begging for cns burnout) looking to bulk will not work for someone else of different stats.

It took me years of trial and error to get this right and once I did everything fell into place.

The hardest part of this journey is the food /sleep/ recovery. 99% of us are mere mortals with full time jobs and lives outside the gym, it's an absolute nightmare trying to get it right.

Too many folk are spinning their wheels day in day out in the gym.

I realise this but I didn't give any figures... I just worked with what he gave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,602 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Oh, and my estrogen is in range, confirmed via bloodwork last week so I'm all good!!!

Why are you getting bloods done in October if you only cycle in March/April.
    Not suggesting it's wrong to get a semi-annual check if your on gear. Genuinely curious whether there's a specific reason you do it.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    :D legs days are best days. I'm off the squats and deads for a while. Super boring gym sessions.

Fok I'm absolutely strung out on leg day, heading to gym in an hour to do :

Front squat (reverse pyramid) 5 sets with rest pause

Walking lunge 4x6

Hack squat 4 x 8-12

Calf raises 4 set to fail

Then back in on Wednesday to go all out back squat and hamstring.

I ain't gonna lie, I love being that guy on hols in the speedo shorts with the tree trunk legs lol

Mellor wrote: »
    Why are you getting bloods done in October if you only cycle in March/April.
    Not suggesting it's wrong to get a semi-annual check if your on gear. Genuinely curious whether there's a specific reason you do it.

I get bloods done off cycle too.

I like to keep an eye on test / fsh / lh/ estrogen/ prolactin/ hematocrit / hemoglobin and lipids.

Just a habit, but a good one. Bloods cost 30 quid, my GP is cool and knows the score.

Always good to know what's going on, don't wanna be pushing myself if there's something wrong under the hood

Advertisement