Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭staples7

Replaced by main dealer, even rang husquavarna Ireland. They weren’t much help. Advised that it wasn’t technical fault but needs air so it’s possible for something to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I'd rather seal it up with silicone and take my chances than deal with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This might be funny, but I've changed my board twice in 6 years. I think it might be the same charge station as yours. First was 70 euro second was I think 85. Board is breeze to replace BTW.

I've now sat the unit on bed of stones to prevent moisture and slugs and I did tape up the large holes underneath.

My units in a little mower house I built so no direct sun anymore for heat.

I wouldn't bring it to a dealer. That's daylight robbery for pcb and 5 minute job

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carrickmore_tec

hello People

i have a 3 year old 450x thats playing up, ultrasonic sensor failures, both sensors are not showing up in test, does this mean i need a need sensor board?

one thing i havent done is a firmware update

also my mower doesnt follow guides. its showing up as a flashing blue if i swop out one of the boundary cables with the guide.

i can see no break in the cable, also i have recalibrated the guides. i have 2 guides and none of them seeem to be working?

faulty board in docking station?

i am going to lay another guide cable, then redo the connectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irish Atlantic_mc

Has anyone had issues with worx landroid in last few weeks?

Mine in last 6wks is out of action every second day. Outside boundary wire when clearly inside, trapped, wire missing. Stopped in middle of lawn and went off line, Stopped in charging station twice and shut down. Absolutely terrible machine. I got it this year and it worked fine for first 2mths then problems started, was emailing worx and they downgraded firmware on it and it was fine for about 2wks again and then non stop problems. Firmware is still as what they downgraded it to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Exact same experience as you. Bought .one this year, and really regret it. Rarely manages to get out and finish a mowing session without getting stuck or saying it's crossed a wire when it hasn't.

Wheel traction is god awful as well, and all it seems to do is dig holes around my perimeter. I've had a robomow doing this same lawn for the last 5 years, with little problems from a mowing perspective (hardware failures were getting expensive which is why I replaced it with the Worx).

I also have a cheap b and Macaliste robot mower on a smaller lawn, and it outshines the Worx by far. Looking at the Worx lawn and then the Macalister lawn and you can see the difference, the Macalister I prob needed to rescue about 5 times the entire season, the Worx, prob on a daily basis.

Useless piece of machinery, really regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dazed2020

I'm not quite at the level of full agreement here but I've definitely become more frustrated with my landroid.

I bought mine at the start of summer last year and issues then were certainly less frequent than now but I also put the down to teething problems.

This year has been frustrating. The firmware updates have made it incompetent all too often (mine has driven several metres in my drive, beyond the boundary wire; at other times it's stopped entirely at what seems like inside or maybe just on the wire with no evidence of trying to correct itself).

I've not been able to keep it out long enough and successfully enough to trim the lawn beyond the 2nd highest height.

And more recently it's gotten itself stuck and completely discharged the battery. This has taken the bones of a day to recharge and now it won't recharge at all.

Worx have apparently got a Cork based service provider. While I'm hoping they can fix it, I'm not optimistic - they haven't even succeeded in collecting it in 2 weeks.

So I'm ok for now, it was a lot more affordable than a Husqvarna but frustrating nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sligopaul

Folks ,

have a Stihl Imow for 5 seasons, have had a few issues in that time but not a bad season this year and bar blades no real spend last two seasons . Have seen some issues in recent weeks as follows:

-Not making the docking station regularly when going back to charge, message is battery discharged

-Not staying at docking station for long and not cutting for very long when out

Have spoken to the agent who is helpful and near by and have re-paired the mower with the docking station and tested connections to perimeter wire and all seems ok.

Can drop to Agent to test battery and that is the next step but are these issue symptomatic of battery failure, should we see gradual failure . How long are people seeing in terms of battery life

Any real world experience would be helpful

Thanks as always

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭denismc

I don't have a Stihl but my Husky showed similar symptoms after 4 seasons, 4-5 years seems to be the expected lifetime of these batteries.

Husky batteries are pretty easy to change, not sure about Stihl.

Sounds like battery to me. I replaced my mccullogh after similar time frame. I think battery pack was 45 euro. Swapped out myself easy job 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Has anyone changed a lift sensor circuit board on their Husq/Gardena mower? Just wondering if this is a straight swap, parts wise, or does it need to be reprogrammed?

I haven't but no they shouldn't need to be programmed. Matching sensors in this application would only provide input to the pcb of a given measure. In this scenario its a tilt sensor or accelerometer that detects moment and warns the board. It shouldn't require any authentication. So I'd say you'd be fine just swapping it out. Especially at the low price point for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭denismc

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Thanks a mill for the comments above, I had contacted 2 local husq dealers looking for the part and both were quick to tell me that it would need reprogramming/ updates that only they could do. I chanced just buying the part and swapped it with no issues at all. Delighted 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

I've just had the same recently, battery fully dead, swapped it for a smaller battery from Worx drill and it did the same thing, I think it's the latest firmware leaving too little in the battery to get home or not switching off properly when stuck.

Would agree the first two years were a dream compared to this summer, I put a lot of it down to the wet weather but they've messed up the firmware too much somewhere.

Fwiw the battery gave a red light on the internal charger too but if you leave it on for a while then switch off it should charge the next time you switch it on, I think it just needs a tiny amount of charge to get it going. That or the recovery charge method (put landroid in base status and turn it on, if not too dead it will start a trickle charge process)

Is that old firmware anywhere on tinterwebs that could be sideloaded onto an old phone for example and have WiFi switched off to prevent it updating and just use the Bluetooth to talk to the mower?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

If you contact Worx, they can guild on how to revert to old firmware. Ive found the support to be good. I had a few problems on an earlier version but the new one dated 31/7/2023 seems to have fixed the bugs.

In the app there is also an option to turn off auto updates.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

What about the firmware on the mower itself? That should make a difference too I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭blackbox

Does anyone raise their automower blades at this time of year?

• Advertisement

Only because I'd mine off for 2 weeks :)

Kids got a new football goal and she would make a mess of it.

Had to ramp it right to the top !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irish Atlantic_mc

I have been emailing work regularly with my problems, and to be fair they are promp to reply. They were able to put the older version of firmware back on mower over the air and it did help for two weeks and them it went very bad.

I returned it to the to the shop I baught it in today as can't deal with it stopped and stopping in middle of lawn near nothing and switches off

I'll keep ye posed with what will be outcome of it

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

Has anyone come across an issue with not being able to pair a phone with a husqvarna automower?

My mother in law has a Husqvarna 315X and is having issues with pairing her phone with it. She broke her phone and had to get a new phone. The mower now seems to be in an endless loop of searching for a signal and then timing out. The phone doesnt seem to be able to pick up the automower either. My wife and I tried with our phones to and made no difference.

She called into the dealer and they muttered something about a very poor signal out "your way" and "sur drop it in and we will look at it".

Any suggestions on may be issue and possible solutions?

Maybe it only allows one pairing so won't connect to the new phone while the old one is in its memory? A reset of the mower maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭rn

Make sure phone has latest OS updates and latest app. Restart phone & mower before pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭bamayang

I have had this exact issue. Paired to phone, all good. Got a new phone and no way will they pair to each other. Have tried everything.

Considered resetting mower but don’t have the old PIN code saved anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭rn

If you factory reset do you need the original pin code?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

When will you all stop mowing for winter? Are there a few weeks of growth left?

Definitely, weathers warm bright and moist. I think growing season will be pushed further into the year. As a new normal. Tbh I run mine into November most years anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Growth is constant, a very warm October. Lots of growth to come for the next while!

I usually leave mine out until mid/late November but can foresee going into early December this year.

Then try to wait until early March before ending the hibernation.

Advertisement