Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭bamayang

I understand that. I am in the app, in the "add new mower" section and the bluetooth signal is going around in circles but it never finds the mower. Have the mower panel itself in "search mode" also. When I did it on the mower first, it connected in seconds, now with new phone it wont do it at all.

Contemplating factory reseting the mower, but I dont know the old pincode...

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mr Q

The original PIN code? On both of mine it was the same, I assume it is on all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭bamayang

Assuming you’ve changed yours, would you mind sharing or PM’ing the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mcauleydjm

FYI - I bought some MIIMO compatible ones, see here:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121083267/#Comment_121083267

The screws fit the PMRA and PMRDA, the only reason the blades don't suit the PMRA is because they are too long and will hit the shroud.

I'm considering taking the shroud off to further improve wet cutting (and not getting choked up), however I dont want to leave the motor connection plate bare so am thinking about replacing it with with a 3d printed plate (a friend is looking into making one up based on the original shroud but with the curved lip removed).

John

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

You may have to unpair your old phone from the mower first. Some mowers will use limited pairing as a security feature. If the mower is stolen it stops the new owner pairing the app with it which renders it somewhat limited.

I had this with another device which wouldn't pair withy new phone after I lost the one it was originally paired with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Carw07

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carw07

Hi Almee, I have an Ambrosio L35 Deluxe for 3 years with non stop problems. Ive have issues with wires corroding underneath. What issues were you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Hi, Having frustrating issues with flymo boundary wire. I have a line tester (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0811P7SCT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1) which was great when I previously had a fault.

The line tester this time gets the signal the whole way around. I can't notice it getting weaker. I know the error is in the first half of my loop (by switching the guide wire to the signal return, it started flashing amber -indictating no guide wire).

I set up a tiny loop (10 cm wires) with spare connecters and again i get flashing amber (don't have enough connectors for a fake guide wire) so this would indicate it's not an error with base station. I re-terminated the line giving the error with a new connector.

I replaced all previous junctions in this section, one of them the wire was exposed and a couple of strands broken so i was optimistic....but now joy.

I'm at the stage now where i tihnk i'm going to have to pull the whole wire up and put down a new one (if i've enough wire left).

Any suggestions before i do this? is there a more sensitive loop checking device i should be using?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pull it out. I had to do this. Managed to stretch the cable doing some other work. It was in the very last section I found.

Don't bother fluting around just take it up. I'd the same reading as yours. Signal but it want strong enough and high resistance meaning a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Yeah even before reading this I decided to take it all up. It seemed to have slight damage in a few spots. Then these got corroded and all while powder. I figure with the dry weather must have exposed them, they were kept wet all summer! I've decided to replace the cable with a thicker one I bought off Amazon, ran out about half way so will finish off on Monday. Too many dodgey sections in the original. Maybe it was just damage from early days before it settled in, or I added more pegs but I decided when I was that far I'd start afresh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Thud

had similar issues earlier in the summer, the weather this year must have caused any weak points to corrode so replaced a full section where I knew there were a few splices.

what was the stronger wire you got on Amazon? It was the cheaper wire that was the problem, when pulling it up it snapped every few meter

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Have a Techline ProTech D25 (basically a rebadged black Ambrogio L250) Had an issue with the stop button being replaced under warranty last year. Looks like the new one has developed the same fault now (Stop or No Cover error). Out of warranty now. Anyone else have had problems with the stop button on their ambrogio mowers? Sounds like something I shouldn't be on my third part in just over two years

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Dozz

Hi all.

I have a Robomow RC308 a couple of years now. No major issues thankfully but I came home from work to find him stopped near the base station. I put him back in and subsequently found him in the same spot over and over.

Watched it this evening and it leaves the base station and drives off around a meter then it reacts like it has hit something, stops and changes angle then drives off again and reacts like it hit something, stops changes angle then drives off again, repeat, repeat repeat.

Any one experience this? Could it be a front sensor issue? Can't see anything online about this issue.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Anyone have a very low cost solution for putting a flat border between a lawn and fence/wall? I know grass can be just trimmed but id like if possible to stop the grass growing along by bordering fence, so that the grass is far enough from that fence that my robot lawn mower will cut it (i have a landroid with cut to edge but there is only so close that can get). I have a fence of about 60m id like to put something in place for so am looking for something really low cost if something exists? :)

I'm looking to do something like this but not at that extorniate price!

https://bellissa.com/english/shop/lawn-edging/mower-edges/lawn-edging-for-automatic-mower-corten-43-7x12x6-5-cm-set-of-2/91076

Doesn't seem cheap.

Cheapest probable a roll of membrane and bag of wood chips.

Few hours of your time. Mower will just drive over the wood chips without cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

The Lidl mower manual says they recommend to house/cover the dock, to protect it from harsh weather I presume.

Is this needed? It's mainly plastic & the mower itself doesn't have anything exposed.

I'd do it anyway. Yes they are built for outside. But so is your car and you wash that regularly to protect from elements because it lengthens the lifespan. Same with the mower its built for outside but if you want to lengthens its working life and minimise it impacted by extremes of weather, hot sun pouring rain snow. Then house it.

I built a cheap house for mine out of left overs in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Can anyone recommend where to get a good value replacement battery for a landroid (Wr165e)? Battery has deteriorated rapidly recently after a year with only only lasting about 30mins now. Have cleaned out underneath but made no difference. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Hi Kaisersose - same happened me and I used this company - I now get 2-3 hours per charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

If it's the same issue again, I'd argue that the warranty on that part should have extended.

Wouldn't take that lying down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

On the Lidl mower, in the manual it says that if you have 2 lengths of cable within 5cm distance the mower will ignore. I did this but it doesn't ignore them, turns around. Anyone manage to get it to work so that it ignore them & goes over?

I have cable going out and around a football goal. So it doesn't go into the goal but I want it to ignore the cable going to goal & go over it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've done this with several mowers but I always kept the wires literally side by side, under the same peg even. Have you tried it that close?

Just to confirm the process I did: Out from the boundary, go clockwise around the obstacle and then back on the same track back to the boundary

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

We have a Gardena mower which keeps throwing up a "mower lifted" error while cutting or at its base (it's not being lifted or mounting anything). Has anyone come across this before or have any possible solutions? Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Maybe grass stuck underneath and holding the sensor open?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

It started happening after we cleaned out all the grass so maybe some grass got lodged , thanks for the suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭blackbox

The wires have to be running in "opposite" directions so that the signal is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

4 years into automower expenses are racking up. Think im in for over 1k between this season and last.

Battery, Docking station mother board, wheel motor, lift sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

430x, I was unlucky I think with a slug getting into docking station and blowing circuit. €450 quid. Expensive slug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭denismc

Usually with the docking station it just the motherboard that needs replacing for about 150 euro, 450 seems like a lot.

Advertisement