Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Connacht, Fri 14th May 6pm; Eir Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** Connacht well on top atm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Oliver completely off feet at the ruck, the rolls in from the side to join it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,645 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have only seen him at six times but Fitzgerald has really impressed me in every area of his game.
    Is he a future international? I'd like to see him get an opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Looked like Porch might run that in for try, if so ref should surely let something that tight go and review then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

. about time he's given a scrum penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

eagle eye wrote: »
    I have only seen him at six times but Fitzgerald has really impressed me in every area of his game.
    Is he a future international? I'd like to see him get an opportunity

Not sure to be honest. Could be a decent European player hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 37,645 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ClanofLams wrote:
    Looked like Porch might run that in for try, if so ref should surely let something that tight go and review then.
    Fully agree, you have replay to look at it afterwards. Look like it went backwards out if Wooton's hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht will do well to win this with the scrum going so badly.

Guaranteed try there. Connacht’s maul defence has been absolutely horrendous all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Like a knife thru butter there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Connacht could challenge that.
    Holland offside at that L/O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Connacht pack is soft - if Munster keep the penalty count low in the second half then they'll comfortably win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Billy Holland literally a foot ahead of O'Mahony setting that maul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Fairly clear blocking off from Holland there. Should have been a penalty out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Such a clear changing of the line to block Conway - Jones not fond of giving Munster penalties outside of scrum time.

And oof, not great to be subbed off before HT

Connacht change both props and scrum is immediately solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Such a clear changing of the line to block Conway - Jones not fond of giving Munster penalties outside of scrum time.

And oof, not great to be subbed off before HT

If he didn’t call forward pass on a ball that looked back it would have been 24-7 so prob not wise to complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Guaranteed try there. Connacht’s maul defence has been absolutely horrendous all season.

Well yes but it's hard to defend a blatantly illegal maul 5 metres out.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    If he didn’t call forward pass on a ball that looked back it would have been 24-7 so prob not wise to complain too much.

Pretty sure the ball was still in the ruck when wootton picked it up that time so I'm calling that one even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

ClanofLams wrote: »

I don't understand why he doesn't let the play continue and review the forward pass when the try is scored removes any chance of a mistake on what is a marginal call at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Casey impressive for Munster.

Gifted Connacht a try.

Need to improve the discipline.

The wind and the bench will tell a lot

Decent game, we're looking great in phase play, shame about the set piece. Prendergast and Fitzgerald looking really good, Casey has been very sharp on the other side.

The ref has been a bit whistle happy against Munster so it’s strange to see him not call that at the lineout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Conor Fitz has been the best player on the park for me, having an very good game indeed. Casey as well being his usual busy self.

Munster on top in the scrum and tight. Connacht maul d at times better than I'd have hoped for. They do play a brand of rugby of rugby that's nice to watch tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Also, not the first time this season we've had issues from the kick off... some excuse this time with JOD coming back from treatment, but really need to tighten that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

Stupid by Marmion healy barely touched him

I tell you what if Healy slid with his knees on Marmion then he deserves that response.

On replay he didn’t at all.

Looks like Marmion thought Healy slid his knees into him but didn’t look like he did really.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I tell you what if Healy slid with his knees on Marmion then he deserves that response.

On replay he didn’t at all.

The knee slide on the tryscorer is one of my biggest pet peeves but there was nothing at all in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Awwww Fitzy :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement