Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2019 League - Season 4 Fixtures and Results

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Rangers 0 - 3 Chelsea

This was as close to a 0-0 or 1-1 draw as a 3-0 scoreline could possibly get. The match began in typical Rangers fashion, with the hosts defending resoundingly, and Chelsea really struggling to create many glorious chances, being restricted instead to crosses from out wide which Nicola Katic and Joe Worrall were more than capable of dealing with. There were a few heart-in-mouth moments that the Rangers supporters had to endure, but the hosts seemed to have things under control defensively, while again continuing looking somewhat dangerous on the break through Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent on the wings linking up with Kyle Lafferty up top. As a result, the match remained scoreless at the break.

The second half followed the same pattern as the first, resulting in the Chelsea manager making a change to bring on Olivier Giroud in place of Alvaro Morata to give his side more of an aerial presence in the Rangers penalty area. However, 15 minutes from time, it was Ross Barkley rising above Lassana Coulibaly from a Chelsea corner to head powerfully past Super Alan McGregor in the Rangers goal. Chelsea pushed for a second, but always wary of a Rangers counter attack. Then, five minutes from time, Kyle Lafferty intercepted a Chelsea pass, lobbed a ball over the defence to set Scott Arfield one on on with Kepa for a chance of a dramatic equaliser, but the useless bollox could only shoot straight down the keepers throat.

Then 2 minutes into stoppage time, after Hazard was played into the penalty area, Nicola Katic made what looked like a superb sliding challenge that just nicked the ball away from the Belgian diver. Unfortunately, the referee didn't have a clue what he was doing, and awarded the penalty much to the furious anger of the Rangers manager who had to be physically restrained by his playing staff from entering the pitch and confronting the referee himself. Eventually, when the sideline scuffle had died down, and after Wilberto had been sent to the stands, Edin Hazard picked himself up and struck a low, soft penalty, which crept under the outstretched hand of Super Alan McGregor.

Rangers, still shellshocked at the utterly abysmal refereeing decision, then lapsed in concentration as Hazard found himself with a chance to add some extra gloss on the scoresheet and he duly obliged with what was virtually the last kick of the game.

Then scenes turned a bit sour as Wilberto, who had made his way down pitch side for the end of the match, ran onto the pitch and swung a left hook at the referee, making a clean connection with his right temple, and knocking him out cold. Wilberto was then heard to have shouted "You f***ing useless blind c***!!!" over the referee's outstretched lifeless corpse.

Pictures from Ibrox show the reaction of Alfredo Morelos at full time.

1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

It is yet unknown what punishment Wilberto is expected to face for his actions as the date for a hearing is yet to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I had a big long thing typed out and then the stupid site glitched so.....

Napoli 4 - 3 West Ham

Wilshire 15 mins
    Mertens 20 mins
    Felipe Anderson 24 mins
    Verdi 31 mins
    Mertens 73 mins
    Yarmolenko 86 mins
    Insigne 90+1 mins

Good game my man

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Chelsea 2 - 2 City
    Very evenly matched game this with the visitors starting stronger and taking the lead with 15 minutes gone through Aguero with a lovely low drive passed kepa
    Chelsea pushed to try get back into it but were hit swiftly on the break Leroy sane the man on hand to double the advantage
    Chelsea would get on back just before half time after a dangerous ball from willian saw kyle walker put the ball in his own net game on
    Both teams having their fair share of chances in the second half but the equalising goal would eventually come after hazard broke through only to hit the post Loftus cheek winning the header from the ricochet for Morata to volley home from 6 yards
    Great game city honours even here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Division B

(kingosh) AC Milan 0 -1 Napoli (planetpotter)

GG planetpotter. First half was pretty even and went by quickly. More chances in second half but was looking like a draw on the cards until 85th minute or so when Napoli took the lead. Higuain then hit the post but wasn't to be. Things didn't really click for me this game, kept passing it straight to his players. Not a great week for me with 3 losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lazio (Meath77) 0 - 3 Napoli (planetpotter)

Good day for Napoli, their 3rd win! This one well deserved, 2nd goal was a nice backheal. Think it was lost on the formation settings, Napoli always had options in space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Southampton (Bijilf) 2 - 0 West Ham (AidzEire)

Tight game. Early goal from Danny Ings. West Ham had a hatload of chances but it wouldn't go in.

Southampton finished it off with a late goal on the break.

Thanks for the game, Aidz.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

(Thedunne) Inter 1 - 4 Roma (damok21)

Very close first half with the score being 1-1 at half time. Roma seemed to get on top second half with a dzeko hat trick, good game man

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

(Stephen_Mc91) Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Barcelona (Niallym)

Very tight game with some crazy chances and saves. First half free kick from benat put Bilbao on their way. Munian made it 2-0 mod way through the first half and and held on from there.
    Great game pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Group A

(IFoundGod) PSG 4 - 1 Man City (deaduis_maximus)

What a filthy spanking. Game started lively.. 3 goals in the first 20 mins. PSG got 2 goals to take the lead, with City snatching one back. The 2nd half was all Cavani, being unplayable against as target man, every shot lead to a goal, Ederson didn't get his hands to one save. No amount of tinkering with the formation would help City, PSG's midfield sat nicely in front of the back four mopping everything up. Well played bud, easy 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gameweek 3 Fixtures

Division A

IMG_20181005_002554.jpg

Division B

IMG_20181005_002328.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,358 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Images not showing I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

callaway92 wrote: »
    Images not showing I think

What the hell! They were there last night! Ok, I'm working on it, thanks for letting me know

Edit:Should be fixed now. Seems like the site I was using has been shut down

Ya - all good now

You should use snag.gy going forward - Run by Snaggit so it's reliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 1 - 5 Roma (damok21)

A scoreline that doesn't even begin to tell the story of a remarkable series of events!

This late night kick off started predictably enough with Damo doing his usual steal the ball and score thing in the first couple of mins … (I mean come on! How about trying something different for a change, like …. I dunno, hitting the corner flag maybe? :D )

…. but then the s**t really hit the fan! (I think it was thrown by one of the Roma subs, but without VAR i'm not sure. The fan was taken to hospital and wiped with some toilet paper)

First off the brave men of Madrid upset the odds by equalizing with a well worked goal which will probably be the goal of the season and befitting of the puskas award. The Spanish side then proceeded to rip up the league form and take the game to their high flying opponents. For the rest of the first half Real laid an outright siege on the Roma goal, firing in 12 shots on target hitting the woodwork four times but the ball just would not go in! Then a hopeful lumped clearance from Roma landed between Dzeko and Under on the half way line. Both players attempted to collect but missed the ball, collided with each other heavily and landed hilariously on top of one another in a 69 position! Varane and Ramos found this so comical they both were creased over in uncontrollable laughter. Unfortunately for me, the humourless Nzonzi was able to pick up the loose ball and carry it past the distracted defence and score past the isolated Courtois. 2-1 to Roma at the break but totally undeserved and against the run of play!

The second half resumed in similar fashion to the first with Real clearly the better team, dominating the possession, creating chance after chance and Roma clinging on to their lead by the skin of their teeth. Now I have to say, the player animations in PES are excellent this year, but I saw a new one for the first time last night and that was in the bottom corner of the screen where I could see Kolarov handing a brown envelope to the referee. Not sure what that was about to be honest, but it seemed to affect the refs eyesight as just a couple of mins later Roma had a penalty for the most blatant dive you've ever seen! Roma scored from the spot to extend their lead unjustly. From the kick off, Dzeko came thundering in on modric, almost breaking him in two. The ref decides to give Roma a free kick, probably for Modric getting blood on Dzeko's studs. The Real Madrid players protested en masse and the ref reacted by sending off Ramos, Kroos, Bale, Isco, and Marcelo for dissent, and Courtois for being Belgian (that was about the only decision I couldn't really argue with). For the remaining 15 mins the 5 men of Real still continued to take the game to Roma but with so many gaps and no keeper it's not surprising that Roma scored another two goals to seal what appeared to be a comfortable victory in terms of the scoreline. The 97% possession and 33 shots on target from Madrid to the 5 from Roma gives a more accurate account of what really went on.

Now I have to admit, the match was played pretty late, and I was drinking heavily last night so my recollection of the game did start to get a little hazy after the first few mins, but I'm pretty sure it all happened the way I just described. In fact, I'm sure Walter.White will come in and verify this match report as being 100% accurate. What's that? He's away for a week so he can't? Oh, well in that case you'll all have to accept my word for it! :p

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 1 - 5 Roma (damok21)

A scoreline that doesn't even begin to tell the story of a remarkable series of events!

This late night kick off started predictably enough with Damo doing his usual steal the ball and score thing in the first couple of mins … (I mean come on! How about trying something different for a change, like …. I dunno, hitting the corner flag maybe? :D )

…. but then the s**t really hit the fan! (I think it was thrown by one of the Roma subs, but without VAR i'm not sure. The fan was taken to hospital and wiped with some toilet paper)

First off the brave men of Madrid upset the odds by equalizing with a well worked goal which will probably be the goal of the season and befitting of the puskas award. The Spanish side then proceeded to rip up the league form and take the game to their high flying opponents. For the rest of the first half Real laid an outright siege on the Roma goal, firing in 12 shots on target hitting the woodwork four times but the ball just would not go in! Then a hopeful lumped clearance from Roma landed between Dzeko and Under on the half way line. Both players attempted to collect but missed the ball, collided with each other heavily and landed hilariously on top of one another in a 69 position! Varane and Ramos found this so comical they both were creased over in uncontrollable laughter. Unfortunately for me, the humourless Nzonzi was able to pick up the loose ball and carry it past the distracted defence and score past the isolated Courtois. 2-1 to Roma at the break but totally undeserved and against the run of play!

The second half resumed in similar fashion to the first with Real clearly the better team, dominating the possession, creating chance after chance and Roma clinging on to their lead by the skin of their teeth. Now I have to say, the player animations in PES are excellent this year, but I saw a new one for the first time last night and that was in the bottom corner of the screen where I could see Kolarov handing a brown envelope to the referee. Not sure what that was about to be honest, but it seemed to affect the refs eyesight as just a couple of mins later Roma had a penalty for the most blatant dive you've ever seen! Roma scored from the spot to extend their lead unjustly. From the kick off, Dzeko came thundering in on modric, almost breaking him in two. The ref decides to give Roma a free kick, probably for Modric getting blood on Dzeko's studs. The Real Madrid players protested en masse and the ref reacted by sending off Ramos, Kroos, Bale, Isco, and Marcelo for dissent, and Courtois for being Belgian (that was about the only decision I couldn't really argue with). For the remaining 15 mins the 5 men of Real still continued to take the game to Roma but with so many gaps and no keeper it's not surprising that Roma scored another two goals to seal what appeared to be a comfortable victory in terms of the scoreline. The 97% possession and 33 shots on target from Madrid to the 5 from Roma gives a more accurate account of what really went on.

Now I have to admit, the match was played pretty late, and I was drinking heavily last night so my recollection of the game did start to get a little hazy after the first few mins, but I'm pretty sure it all happened the way I just described. In fact, I'm sure Walter.White will come in and verify this match report as being 100% accurate. What's that? He's away for a week so he can't? Oh, well in that case you'll all have to accept my word for it! :p

Pretty much how it went yeah ..... I think everyone should drink whatever philamental was drinking last night ha !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Juventus 1-1 Athletic Bilbao

No idea how I got a draw , played absolutely ****e and should have been spanked , Bilbao missing sitters every couple of minutes, I took a shock lead from a set piece and conceded late , I would have taken the draw when 1 up on 80 mins kinda game!

Goals mandzukic & Susueta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Monaco 0 - 3 Real Madrid

Monaco started brightly in this one having a few shots through jovetic and hitting the post early on through a low drilled cross.
    Philamental pushed up the pitch a bit then and completely changed the game, his midfielders and attackers cut out most of my passes and scored his 1st through a good move with benzema curling it around subasic.

I tried to push up myself in the 2nd half but this left gaps in the back and Marcelo punished me in the 70th minute with neat finish from a 1v1.

Monaco picked up a red late in the game from a poor last man tackle on bale, was an inch from the ball thou.

Odriozola picked up a 3rd in the 90th minute to kill me right off.

Good game phil,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

West Ham 1 - 2 Liverpool

Liverpool striking the first goal at the end of half time. West Ham were asleep for the first 45 minutes and couldnt get into the game.
    Second Half West Ham equalised early on but the front 3 of liverpools attack kept the pressure on and got there deserved goal in the last 10 minutes.

Good game Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

PSG (ivefoundgod87) 0-2 Arsenal (thegifted1dblin)

A cagey affair for the most part with both sides struggling to create any real chances. Arsenal shaded it for the most part without testing Buffon.

The second half was drawing to an end with what looked like a draw being the outcome until Mikihtaryan found himself in acres of space in the PSG to finish past Buffon after 70 minutes. PSG made some changes to try push for an equaliser but left themselves exposed at the back and arsenal countered to make it 2-0 with ten minutes to go.

PSG tried to claw one back but Mbappe fluffed his lines and the game petered out. Overall Arsenal deserved their win.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Division A

Tottenham (az1234) 0-1 Celtic (callaway92)

A tight game decided by a second half free kick from Lee Griffiths. Tottenham's attacking play just gets worse by the game, they could have been playing for a week and wouldn't have scored!

• Advertisement

Divison B

(Damok21) Roma 3 - 1 Napoli (planetpotter)

Great game this, perotti scored to give Roma the lead after Napoli had a couple of chances. Dzeko doubled the lead soon after but Napoli would instantly make it 2-1 with a lovely finish from Verdi. 2-1 half time, second half was end to end and from a Roma corner the ball landed at Pastore to pur some daylight between the teams couple of chances for both sides after that but there were to be no more goals !

Good game planetpotter !

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 0 - 0 AC Milan (kingosh)

Despite the lack of goals there were plenty of chances here for both sides. Real had a great early chance with Mariano through on goal but he rushed his shot. Apart from that the clearest chances fell to AC but twice the strikers skewed wide when the crowd expected the net to bulge. There were also a series of corners for Real which led to crazy scrambles with a number of blocked shots that could easily have ended up deflecting in the goal. Overall, a draw was fair with the possession and shots on goal stats virtually even when the final whistle was blown.

Division A

Callaway92 - Celtic 1 - 1 Marseille - Scange

Gg my man!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Division a
    Week 3
    Arsenal 4 Olympic Marseille 2

Very tough game loads of chances at both ends. Arsenal took the lead through lacazette only for germain to equalise with style. Aubameyang scored a nice volley only for some slick passing to release germain to calmly equalise.
    With both teams stretched Aubameyang got his second and with time running out lacazette killed the game off in the final few minutes.
    The shot count was in the high 30s with posts crossbars and keepers all busy. A cracking game

Lazio (Meath77) 3 - 2 West Ham (aidz)

Good start from lazio, mix up at the edge of the box and Immobile got the loose ball and finished nicely. Its only the 2nd minute! All West Ham now, that was my only shot in the first half, hammers equalise before half time.
    Second half I can't remember who scored next, think it was me. West ham get it to 2-2 thanks to a weird fumble from a header back to the keeper. Lazio took advantage of tired defenders to win it. Could have had more goals from both teams, west ham hit the woodwork twice, Lazio once.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Division B

Southampton (Bijilf) 3 - 1 Valencia (Batesy)

Tight game. 0-0 at half-time. Two goals from Gabbiadini helped Southampton to finish it in the second half.

Thanks for the match, Batesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Div A

Marseille (scange01) 0 - 4 PSG (Ivefoundgod)

Hammered, nothing positive for Les Olympiens in the Div A French derby as they were found wanting. Payet went back to his pre West Ham version and the rest were just shocking. Must've been the team form or something, that's the only reasonable explanation....!

Couldn't get anything going and never looked like scoring. Cavani bagging all 4 as PSG strolled home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Valencia 0-3 Real Madrid
    Batesy V Philamental

Valencia well beaten here. Madrid missed a pen and a combo of poor finishing and an in form Courtois cemented the result for the away side.

Lazio (Meath77) 1 - 2 AC milan (osh)

I though I'd win this, purely cos milan did everything but score in the first half, though it'd be one of those games for milan! Milan scored first in the second half, Lazio scored straight away afterwards. Milan got a 92nd minute winner, Lazio players getting very sluggish trying to pass it out. But 12 shots to 3, well deserved for milan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Division A

Barcelona (niallym) 2-2 Chelsea (Kenneth192)

Barcelona got off to a dream start when Coutinho curled one in to the top corner after just 3 minutes. Messi made it 2-0 after 12 and the Camp Nou was rocking.
    After that it was nearly all Chelsea on the attack. Just when Barca thought they'd hold an all important 2 goal lead at half time up popped Morata to finish at close range with the last kick of the half.
    The second half continued the same and pressure eventually told when Morata scored from a rebound off the post on 62 minutes.
    Barca came out of their defensive shell a bit more after that, but Chelsea still created more chances to win it. At full time Barca were happy to take the point, and at the same time a little disappointed not to keep up some momentum at 2-0 up, but there's no question, Chelsea deserved the draw, and probably more.
    Well played Kenneth, an enjoyable game.

Scorers:
    Barca - Coutinho, Messi
    Chelsea - Morata x 2

Advertisement