Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm not a fan of these "exclusive" deals, but a year??

https://kotaku.com/a-modern-warfare-game-option-is-ps4-exclusive-until-oct-1838429056
    Survival Mode—basically a Horde mode for Call of Duty, available as an option within Spec Ops—won’t be turning up outside the PS4 until October 2020, which conveniently is right around the time the next Call of Duty game will be due.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

F1ngers wrote: »

That release date seems like a good decision to me if not a little strange. Guess they foresee the life cycle of MW running into other COD's which from playing the beta has a lot of potentially to be up there as the best. If the rumours of 2020 COD are to believed it will refresh what might already be a great game and keep players interested if they feel like skipping the next instalment.

On another plus side it means there will be more resources available to patch bugs early in launch especially those found in the beta, the first/second content drop might also see the benefit of woman/man power.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

this is just awful, A years exclusive for ps4 survival mode,
    spec op,s , in a years time there,ll be a new cod out, this is a big
    f u to xbox call of duty fans .
    At least you have a choice whether to buy extra maps or loot box,s .
    So xbox fans will be paying full price for a game ,but over 10 per cent of the content will be locked out for a year .
    Maybe it would be reasonable to have it locked out for 1- 2 months .
    the PS4 is already the leading console, well ahead of the xbox in sales .
    This shows activision will do almost anything if someone offers them
    money , even if it hurts the fans and reduces the appeal of the franchise .Call of duty is already up against strong competition from free to play games
    and battle royale style games .
    I was looking forward to this game because spec ops is my favorite mode in call of duty .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

riclad wrote: »
    this is just awful, A years exclusive for ps4 survival mode,
    spec op,s , in a years time there,ll be a new cod out, this is a big
    f u to xbox call of duty fans .
    At least you have a choice whether to buy extra maps or loot box,s .
    So xbox fans will be paying full price for a game ,but over 10 per cent of the content will be locked out for a year .
    Maybe it would be reasonable to have it locked out for 1- 2 months .
    the PS4 is already the leading console, well ahead of the xbox in sales .
    This shows activision will do almost anything if someone offers them
    money , even if it hurts the fans and reduces the appeal of the franchise .Call of duty is already up against strong competition from free to play games
    and battle royale style games .
    I was looking forward to this game because spec ops is my favorite mode in call of duty .

Spec Ops is still on all consoles, only Survival is PS4 exclusive. There won't be any charge for extra maps either because there is no season pass.

I honestly don't get the whole outrage over Survival if I'm being honest, I'm getting this on PS4 and will probably try the mode once before never touching it again. I'm only interested in the campaign and the MP, couldn't care less for horde or wave modes of any sort.

Available for download on PS4.
    7 files, over 100GB.

• Advertisement

Over 100GB, that's mental.

Skyhunter wrote: »
    92Gb on Xbox :confused:

Original preload had downloads separated by modes ie campaign/spec ops/MP. Now its one single download after an update/fresh install yesterday of 92Gb.

7 files become 1 when it's fully downloaded, 107.8GB.

Modern Warfare, campaign pack 1, campaign pack 2, spec ops pack 1, spec ops pack 2, multiplayer pack and survival pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Not happy about the loss of the ability to Prestige, that's one of the things that I like to grind for and I'm not talking about getting to level 1000 Master Prestige just the standard 10 prestiges we normally have to do!

No prestige :confused: What replaces it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I did enjoy the previous prestige system, even though it reset everything it felt like an achievement. This Officer Rank system sounds interesting, but I wonder how long the seasons will be. Can't imagine being able to level up to 100 within a small enough time frame. Me thinks only the Pros and Streamers who play nothing but this will be able to do it.

At least it's only cosmetic. I hope this system works out though, because having all content for everyone for free without paid DLC's can only be a good thing. And I'm sure there'll be some crazy coloured weapons or skins which is sure to drive the 'purists' mad. Love that people get so upset over a pink gun skin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

When is the review embargo lifted?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Any word if SuperValu will be stocking the game on Friday? Can't find anything online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Totally missed this beta :eek:

Same here.. on purpose.

So it's looking like Smyths is the cheapest at 55 in the b&m shops for the ps disc. Has anyone seen it for less?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

lfc200 wrote: »
    Any word if SuperValu will be stocking the game on Friday? Can't find anything online

Any idea what supervalu might sell it for?

Edit: Just saw they sold cod previously for 50 so that would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Still really torn over this. There's so much I love about it and so much I hate, much like alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Still really torn over this. There's so much I love about it and so much I hate, much like alcohol.

I know what ye mean. I gave up on cod a few years ago after bf1 came out, but Im hearing this game is going someway back to its roots so for 50-55 I'll give it a whirl. If its sh¡t then I'll pass it on as a xmas prez.

Between SP MP and Spec Ops i will definitely get my money's worth. They are usually on sale in Supervalu for 50 so can't see why the wouldn't be this time. I got WW2 there last time and when that turned out tho be crap I traded it in to cex a week later for 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

weiland79 wrote: »
    Between SP MP and Spec Ops i will definitely get my money's worth. They are usually on sale in Supervalu for 50 so can't see why the wouldn't be this time. I got WW2 there last time and when that turned out tho be crap I traded it in to cex a week later for 45.

WHAT ????.......you thought WW2 was crap........realllllyyyyy ?
    My crew are still playing it now. We skipped last years garbage.
    It's the only one I've 10th prestiged......
    :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i got it from Humble no idea when I get the key and get to start the download :(

claiva wrote: »
    WHAT ????.......you thought WW2 was crap........realllllyyyyy ?
    My crew are still playing it now. We skipped last years garbage.
    It's the only one I've 10th prestiged......
    :eek::confused:

I much prefered battlefield v over Cod ww2. Big open maps with ww2 vehicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Supervalu Finglas had it advertised on FB this morning that theyd have them for sale for 55. I'd assume most SuperValu will be the same!

Thats annoying 50 is a nice round number :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I traded in a 20 euro game during the gamecon weekend and only had to pay an extra 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

All pre-loaded ready to go, cannot wait for this. Really looking forward to the campaign.

Skyhunter wrote: »
    After another update yesterday the game size is now at 120Gb. Wow indeed.

Meant to do this yesterday when I saw this post.
    Only getting to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got a physical copy early. Would the multiplayer servers be live today? Couldn't find any info on it.

Could be hours before the thing actually installs and updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

blaa85 wrote: »
    Got a physical copy early. Would the multiplayer servers be live today? Couldn't find any info on it.

Could be hours before the thing actually installs and updates.

How'd you get it? :)

Don't think the servers are live until tomorrow

Midnight.
    Rumour that either MP or campaign will unlock early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

How'd you get it? :)

Online from gamestop. Received it as a birthday present, medievil was delivered with it too, that's not out until tomorrow either. I probably wouldn't have bought from them myself, but it's handy they deliver early.

It actually installed faster then I thought it would, a lot quicker then when black ops 4 ever had an update.

Servers are live, won two games of gunfight there on lunch. Back to work soon, but looking forward to 5pm!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

Can't wait for this...... I feel like I shouldn't be excited but I am and hope it doesn't disapoint.

Advertisement