Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I've read in a few comments (nothing official) that the 37 GB might contain some of the beta too so best not delete it when your done

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

"Searching for match", nothing happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Working now. Only 1 game played, seems solid.

Edit: had a good few games. Very fluid, guns feel meaty, movement is good, overall it's looking like a return to the good days of MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Ok, now that I'm not on mobile, I can write a bit more.

The gunplay is very solid, bit early to say the best yet, but each gun does feel and handle differently. While the maps are small and perfect for this kind of game, it doesn't give me a good idea of what the normal MP will be like. Speaking of, need to get back to GameStop to get my beta code. Looking forward to that.

Customisation is going to be epic. Even though you're given the guns to use in 2v2, they change every second round, and you can see the differences between, what I believe to be, different variations of the same gun. It's still limited, but so far I've used a pistol, shotgun, 'Terminator' shotgun, AR, Ak47, an LMG, rocket launcher, molotov, smoke and stun grenades, and normal grenades. All lovely to use.

Movement is on point. It's fluid, fast, feels natural. Again, hard to tell exactly with the limited movement/space in 2v2, but I've no doubt it will be good. Looking forward to playing a bit more over the weekend, but my honest opinion so far is that this will be an amazing game. The hype is building!

• Advertisement

Just went back to Gamestop to get my Beta code for the PS4, so happy and can't wait to try it!

Edit: the code is redeemed on callofduty.com/modernwarfare/beta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Just went back to Gamestop to get my Beta code for the PS4, so happy and can't wait to try it!

Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This is great to read! No one cares about E-Sports.
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1166378193336635393?s=19

Sounds good, but as a commenter stated below it, as long as there aren't unfairly balanced guns, as that is what most CoD kids do, pick the OP gun and nothing else.

I've always though, in games where there's a vast selection of guns in MP, that once you reach the max level, it should be blocked out until you bring everything else to the max. This would literally force people to change up. Ta fook if they're giving out about their K/D ratio, I'd actually love if they removed that stat. I'm sure a lot of people would be annoyed, but it would be fair on everyone then. I've no doubt those who are elite level with SMGs would struggle with LMGs, as a lot of them don't use anything but SMGs.

I start with ARs or LMGs and usually leave SMGs till last/not at all. And it annoys me greatly when someone can kill me from a decent distance using an SMG. Just doesn't appear realistic imo. Another factor is the gun type could be linked to your overall health, ie: have an SMG but less health, or use an LMG with more health. This is probably why I'm not the person to make these decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Another factor is the gun type could be linked to your overall health, ie: have an SMG but less health, or use an LMG with more health. !

And running around with a stupid melee weapon should result in a health of 5% of normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Any Ps4 folk looking to get a head start on downloading the beta it's on the store now. If you pre-ordered disk version you can see your code at the website above, think they're due to be emailed anytime too

For anyone not pre ordering cdkeys are selling beta codes
    https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Call+of+Duty+Modern+Warfare+Beta

When I went back to GameStop to get my code they never checked that I'd pre-ordered. Probably staff dependent, but worth chancing your arm

Alrighty, have about an hour of this played, and it's back to brilliance. This is Modern Warfare as you remember it. Have all weekend to play it, so will have a better opinion when the beta is over, but this will being CoD back to the forefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Modern Warfare back at its best, it's been a long long time since a COD game has kept my attention. Sniper rifles have been improved too. Exhausted now after 4 continuous hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Surprised there’s so little chat about it.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Surprised there’s so little chat about it.

too busy playing, i haven't played this much online in nearly a decade.

Watched about 10 minutes on Twitch, then ordered. Gameplay looks really smooth gun sounds are amazing!

Maps look awful.

i got this for €10 in Gamestop. Traded in a game during the gamescon weekend. Roll on October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Are we playing against mouse and keyboard players? Saw a fella with a mouse symbol on time today?

CptMackey wrote: »
    Are we playing against mouse and keyboard players? Saw a fella with a mouse symbol on time today?

Possibly, my kb + m is greyed out, I imagine controller would be greyed out if I use kb + m.

Enjoying the beta, looking forward to xplay next weekend.
    Interesting how many parties will be kb + m.

Thoroughly enjoying Realism, if they took out all the warnings(enemy UAV) etc it would improve it even more.

I usually prefer single player but enjoyed the beta, can definitely see me sinking some hours into the MP after the campaign is done

When should you expect your code if you bought one for the Xbox?

When should you expect your code if you bought one for the Xbox?

They usually email straight away with a code if not then contact them. Just got a 1 month gold sub off them today, it was sent immediately.

When you purchase you get sent the invoice which has a download link to codes.

They usually email straight away with a code if not then contact them. Just got a 1 month gold sub off them today, it was sent immediately.

When you purchase you get sent the invoice which has a download link to codes.

Yes, they gave me a code. I put that code into the call of duty site.

Should of I have gotten another code off them (call of duty)? Or should that come the day of the beta?

Yes, they gave me a code. I put that code into the call of duty site.

Should of I have gotten another code off them (call of duty)? Or should that come the day of the beta?

Same for everyone so, You redeem on 'call of duty' and wait till they roll out. No idea why they did it like that very confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

how does the beta code process work if you have pre-ordered through the xbox dashboard then ?
    and then how does the guy that I game share with get access to the beta ?

claiva wrote: »
    and then how does the guy that I game share with get access to the beta ?

That may not be possible with the beta.
    None of my other accounts on my PS4 had access to the beta over the weekend.

• Advertisement

I got an email alright but there is no beta code in it. Had to visit callofduty website where it was hiding, hit redeem code, it shows the code there. Dafuq!?

if you are logged in this link should get you there:
    https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeemCode/mw-preorder

37.5 GB btw

To be more clear that link will take you to where you redeem the code to get the beta code. If you already redeemed the code for the redeem code then the Beta code shows here saying you already redeemed a code.

Advertisement