Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭bromley52

mailburner wrote: »
    dont recall this being asked here and was wondering if anyone knows the answer?

this was asked on fb but unanswered also

Can we buy 100 e gift card with voucher for 80e then pay for shopping with gift card and use another 20e off voucher? Has anyone tried this ?

Yes you can buy the gift card as above but it requires 1 day to activate (past midnight), so you can't use a gift card purchased at the same shop to pay for the shop.

I started doing this during the week. Im sorry I didn't think of it before. Any voucher I get now I'm going to convert to a Tesco card as it lasts 5 years. I can always buy other store cards with it eg Debenhams, Argos, Next,Milanos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

mailburner wrote: »
    know theres a thread somewhere for this but

dunnes giving 10 off your next 50 (20/100etc) by spending same
    in there today
    nice surprise to be getting that so close to xmas when you're doing a big shop anyway (can be used from 27/12 to 05/01)

Does anybody know if the dunnes vouchers can be used in tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Yes. Used a €10 off €50 Dunnes voucher yesterday in a local Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I'm new in that but we got 15 off when spending 75 from SV - does it means that we have to spend 75 as well in tesco or it doesn't matter?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

loki7777 wrote: »
    I'm new in that but we got 15 off when spending 75 from SV - does it means that we have to spend 75 as well in tesco or it doesn't matter?

Yes. Tesco will honour the terms and conditions associated with the voucher- in this case- one of the conditions is a spend of 75 Euro..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Our super valu has started texting codes to us (8 off for 40 spend etc) I contacted Tesco to ask if I could use them just like the paper ones but Tesco customer service say they won't be accepting them because "they are open to misuse", so good idea by Super valu cos it means to use it you have to spend in their shop ( the code is even store specific), pity really as we never spend that much in there I usually just give mine away if I see anyone at the till spending over €40, I only ever buy cat food in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

will tesco accept/honour the current promotion printed on dunnes stores receipts where u get €5 off €25/ €10 off €50

You can use the ones for 8 or 10 off when you spend 40 or 50 Euro (or the equivalent) in Tesco. You cannot use Dunnes specific vouchers for 20c off milk, 1 Euro off Avonmore soup- etc etc.

Does this answer your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    will tesco accept/honour the current promotion printed on dunnes stores receipts where u get €5 off €25/ €10 off €50

Yeah they will take those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this may have been asked before so apologies but I couldn't find it on the search - are the supervalu 5% off vouchers accepted?

ablelocks wrote: »
    this may have been asked before so apologies but I couldn't find it on the search - are the supervalu 5% off vouchers accepted?

They will take the €5/10 off when you spend €25/50 Euro (or any amount with a qualifying spend)- but not the percentage one (like 5% when you spend over €50 Euro ones that are doing the rounds at the moment........)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They will take the €5/10 off when you spend €25/50 Euro (or any amount with a qualifying spend)- but not the percentage one (like 5% when you spend over €50 Euro ones that are doing the rounds at the moment........)

They have being accepting the Lidl 20% off spends of €50 and over vouchers and that was confirmed for me by Tesco customer service. I subsequently made great use of them a few months ago when I had some!

So unless they've changed their minds again in the meantime, they should still be accepting competitors' percentage spend & save vouchers. If you've trouble getting them accepted, email Tesco customer service for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

Does anyone know if Tesco is still accepting SuperValu Save as you Spend vouchers that came in the post? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

dublin99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Tesco is still accepting SuperValu Save as you Spend vouchers that came in the post? Thank you!

Yes they are other half used some yesterday in their Rush store

Accepted today in Maynooth.
    So- yes. It took the cashier nearly 5 minutes to find one of those cards they have to scan to unlock the competitor coupon function- I guess they're not getting all that many these days........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Took my SuperValu one the other day.
    They had McGuigan's Signature Shiraz for €8.50, but had an offer of 6 for €40. But there was an extra 5% came off as some sort of wine discount too. Plus my €7 off a spend over €30. So I got the 6 bottles for around €30.50! Mrs. S was well happy!

Yer man mentioned they no longer takes the Dunnes ones. Didn't say why.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Accepted today in Maynooth.
    So- yes. It took the cashier nearly 5 minutes to find one of those cards they have to scan to unlock the competitor coupon function- I guess they're not getting all that many these days........

Delays at Tesco checkouts caused by these schemes allied to clubcards and coupon collecting promotions have become intolerable. If you join a short q, you don't know what weird and wonderful stuff the preceeding customer will produce from their purse at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

Lissavane wrote: »
    Delays at Tesco checkouts caused by these schemes allied to clubcards and coupon collecting promotions have become intolerable. If you join a short q, you don't know what weird and wonderful stuff the preceeding customer will produce from their purse at the last minute.

<
    Self checkout is that way ;)

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

My local Supervalu has a spend €40 & get €10 off coupon
    Dunno if Tesco would take it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

snubbleste wrote: »
    My local Supervalu has a spend €40 & get €10 off coupon
    Dunno if Tesco would take it though
    On their Facebook page:
    Tesco Ireland
    Don’t forget...

We accept all valid Spend & Save coupons from Dunnes Stores, Supervalu, Lidl and Aldi, in-store nationwide, see in-store for further details.
    There are usually flyers at customer service about their coupon policy. They will of course only accept it during the validity period printed on the coupon, so you must use by end of day tomorrow (Sat 9th).

No, what I meant was my local Tesco will accept this but will Tesco nationally?
    I'm uploading it for a reason, and not just to get a couple of 'thanks'

No, what I meant was my local Tesco will accept this but will Tesco nationally?
    I'm uploading it for a reason, and not just to get a couple of 'thanks'

I'll tell you tomorrow- I've just printed off a few copies. I don't see why it shouldn't be accepted nationally- time will tell though. Its a pity its only a 3-day voucher.

Thanks by the way!

I'll tell you tomorrow- I've just printed off a few copies. I don't see why it shouldn't be accepted nationally- time will tell though. Its a pity its only a 3-day voucher.
    Thanks by the way!
    Tell them you got them in Galway when you came to visit me :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Self printed / copied vouchers are excluded due to reusability

L1011 wrote: »
    Self printed / copied vouchers are excluded due to reusability

I've printed these in full colour on glossy paper. I've probably printed them to a higher standard than the originals. Lets see........

Was able to use the SuperValue coupon this afternoon. Got €40+ of shopping, presented voucher, manager called over and OK'd it. Cashier pointed out that it was for a specific SuperValu in Galway (I'm in Mayo), manager said since it's a competitor coupon they have to accept it.

But kicking myself afterwards. I noticed the luggage range that has just been introduced with a wheelie at €39.95 when you spent €40. I stupidly thought something would spit out at the till to allow me to purchase it later. Asked at CS and they said the luggage had to be in the same transaction and they can't do it later.

Did you have the newspaper or was it a printout?
    Are you going to go back again tomorrow? :D

• Advertisement

Did you have the newspaper or was it a printout?
    Are you going to go back again tomorrow? :D
    Snubbleste, if you're asking me - it was a printout. Header did say Advertiser, presume that was Galway Advertiser.

No, probably won't use it again. Don't usually shop at Tesco and find it hard to spend €40 there when I know I can get better value at Aldi for same spend.

Advertisement