Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Confirmed, lidl in star and indo today, and aldi in world and sindo tomorrow, 10 off 50,

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

vicwatson wrote: »
    Confirmed, lidl in star and indo today, and aldi in world and sindo tomorrow, 10 off 50,
    was talking to somebody I know in Tesco they are only taking the Dunnes vouchers not the Aldi or Lidl ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

was talking to somebody I know in Tesco they are only taking the Dunnes vouchers not the Aldi or Lidl ones

https://twitter.com/TescoIrl/status/708374494109257728

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

physioman wrote: »
    Iwas only talking to her on Wednesday and she was told by the store manager that they were only taking the Dunnes ones looks like she was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 photochain

10e off voucher when you spend 50e in Iceland voucher in the Irish sun today if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Iwas only talking to her on Wednesday and she was told by the store manager that they were only taking the Dunnes ones looks like she was wrong.

It might have been crossed wires... There haven't been any LIDL or ALDI ones in circulation for months now. She might have meant it to mean that they have only been getting Dunnes vouchers, if you know what I mean.

When I showed my LIDL one in Tesco today (which the chap very deftly cut out of the paper I was buying) he was surprised to see them as he thought they had stopped (i.e. LIDL doing them not Tesco taking them).

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Did a shop in tesco Douglas earlier. First item scanned was The Star and she asked me did I want to use the voucher today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

photochain wrote: »
    10e off voucher when you spend 50e in Iceland voucher in the Irish sun today if anyone is interested.

will tesco take this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sign up in Maynooth- specifically excluding Iceland vouchers. Other branches may be different- however, as a rule, they're not accepted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Every branch seems to be a law unto itself - I suspect those very near an Iceland might (Ballyfermot, Cabra Cross etc) but you won't get backup from Head Office/Twitter if refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No change on their own site.

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's only supposed to be 'national' competitors... so LIDL, ALDI, Supervalu and Dunnes. No Iceland, No Marks and Spencer (tried and failed!).... though you might get lucky if the voucher is for a shop within spitting distance.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dotcomedy

As a person who works for Tesco . It makes me wonder why some of these till operators are not taking them.

The memo from head office was very clear.

We take Aldi lidl Supervalu and Dunnes vouchers . That are in date and not copies . Plain and simple.

My only guess is that certain store managers think that their customers are stupid and are trying to claw back their sales figures.

If it happens to any of you. Go straight to the Tesco social media and publicly post the store and manager you dealt with.

You will get sent a refund if you have the credentials to show them. With an apology.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

dotcomedy wrote: »

You will get sent a refund if you have the credentials to show them. With an apology.

Something Tesco are great for. Pity it arrives on an obvious refund card rather than a normal giftcard though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If I have a €10 off when you spend €50 voucher that came in the door from the local SuperValu and valid only in that store will Tesco accept it or does it have to be for use in "All" supervalu stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

foggy_lad wrote: »
    If I have a €10 off when you spend €50 voucher that came in the door from the local SuperValu and valid only in that store will Tesco accept it or does it have to be for use in "All" supervalu stores?

same as fred said
    I only used one of those super valu ones last week in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭door

Yep that should work but it depends on the Tesco. Not all Tescos are accepting the competitor vouchers. Tesco Dun Laoghaire for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭door

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are all Tescos still taking competitor's coupons?

No, they are not. In January I went into my regular branch, the large Tesco supermarket in Bloomfields, Dun Laoghaire. When I saw the sign gone, I asked at customer service and they said they had stopped taking them on, I think it was stated 11 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used 2 supervalu "deansgrange only" ones before with no problem.
    door wrote: »
    the large Tesco supermarket in Bloomfields, Dun Laoghaire. When I saw the sign gone, I asked at customer service and they said they had stopped taking them
    I know express stores are exempt but I think the tesco ad in the sunday world said they are taking them in other stores. I would message them publicly on facebook and ask if bloomfields are taking them.

It could be like the double difference thing, with local managers & staff trying to weasel out of official head office instructions/rules. There was talk of them stoppping it in january but seems to be still going now.

I think some on facebook were able to pm receipts and get vouchers sent to them after being wrongly refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Quick question while I'm doing my tesco shop online. I have clubcard vouchers and aldi/lidl I know its been said before to just hand the aldi/lidl voucher to the driver now thats fine but when I put my clubcard vouchers in it will take it below the €50 spend. So will the driver still take it even though the total without vouchers will be well over €50 or am I better off saving some clubcard vouchers for another shop?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

piperh wrote: »
    am I better off saving some clubcard vouchers for another shop?
    :eek: You should never use clubcard vouchers for shopping. Use them for Boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

piperh wrote: »
    Quick question while I'm doing my tesco shop online. I have clubcard vouchers and aldi/lidl I know its been said before to just hand the aldi/lidl voucher to the driver now thats fine but when I put my clubcard vouchers in it will take it below the €50 spend. So will the driver still take it even though the total without vouchers will be well over €50 or am I better off saving some clubcard vouchers for another shop?

The driver won't accept it if the total on the sheet is below €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

snubbleste wrote: »

I've never used them for boost as you have to preorder them don't you?. I've only ever used them on top up or shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Dos was in my local Tesco on Sunday and asked the girl at customer service if we could use the competitor vouchers and she said we could, I told her that I thought they had stopped after Christmas and she said they hadn't. So used two vouchers from Sunday world and split the shopping once it hit 50 without issue.
    Also in the Sunday world Tesco had an ad stating that they took competitors vouchers and also the Tesco Ireland Facebook page had a post stating it, I would be showing this to any store that said they weren't accepting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

snubbleste wrote: »

Cheers, never even knew that existed, will keep an eye there, some great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cheers, never even knew that existed, will keep an eye there, some great deals.

10€ becomes €20 off Bord Gais Energy bills too, if you use them

Advertisement