Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Moyglish wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the official stance is with Tesco with regards to accepting multiple vouchers per transaction? E.g is it possible to use a €10 off €50 spend Aldi voucher in conjunction with a €6 off €40 spend Tesco voucher etc..?

I've seen people mention that they've been able to stack multiple vouchers per transaction no problem, but last week at my local tesco they wouldn't accept the two named vouchers above despite spending over €60

I could be wrong but I think that they honour the competitors vouchers as per the T&Cs on the specific voucher which may state only one voucher per transaction etc.

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Not sure if this has been answered, but do Tesco accept Supervalu vouchers sent by text? I'd presume not, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Not sure if this has been answered, but do Tesco accept Supervalu vouchers sent by text? I'd presume not, but you never know.

No. They have to be the physical vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Do Dunnes accept competitor vouchers too anyone know?? I thought I spotted that in this thread before but can't recall exact detail.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Do Dunnes accept competitor vouchers too anyone know?? I thought I spotted that in this thread before but can't recall exact detail.

No- they don't. Their advertising would appear to be deliberately ambiguous- however, the straight and simple answer is they only accept their own coupons/vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thank you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Will Tesco accept Iceland money-off vouchers too? (There is no Iceland in my area so they're not exactly in competition).

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

My wife asked in local Tesco if they would take a SV voucher and was told sorry no we don't take them. Is there new T&C's for them to take competitors vouchers ? or is it just staff been a job worth or indeed directions from local management ?
    It was the 1st time she had asked and of course it was my fault for telling her that they do take them.

Can anyone tell me what is the T&C's if they know them is it just ALDI and LIDL vouchers that they take ??

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

meolwan wrote: »
    My wife asked in local Tesco if they would take a SV voucher and was told sorry no we don't take them. Is there new T&C's for them to take competitors vouchers ? or is it just staff been a job worth or indeed directions from local management ?
    It was the 1st time she had asked and of course it was my fault for telling her that they do take them.
    R
    Can anyone tell me what is the T&C's iKf they know them is it just ALDI and LIDL vouchers that they take ??

All valid and in-date spend and save vouchers from Aldi, Lidl, Dunnes and SuperValu are accepted. If such a voucher was refused, you should first take it up with the duty manager. Failing that, email Tesco customer service with the details and they'll sort you out.

Was it a Supervalu till spit? I recently had a slight bit of trouble getting one of these accepted but after a little bit of gentle insisting, it got sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Quackster wrote: »
    All valid and in-date spend and save vouchers from Aldi, Lidl, Dunnes and SuperValu are accepted. If such a voucher was refused, you should first take it up with the duty manager. Failing that, email Tesco customer service with the details and they'll sort you out.

Was it a Supervalu till spit? I recently had a slight bit of trouble getting one of these accepted but after a little bit of gentle insisting, it got sorted. :)

Just these four? So not Iceland then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

hi ,not up to speed on this

i have 3 10 euro SV money-off vouchers

will "any tesco" take these now?

or does anywhere else take them ?

thanks

https://twitter.com/tescoirl/status/502531570608390144

From Tesco themselves.

Quick question- is the competitor voucher off the gross value of the shopping- before discounts and any Tesco vouchers that you might have- or is it after them........ E.g. I buy 62.50 Euro worth of shopping. I get 8 Euro off in multiple special offers (Bogoff etc) and then have Tesco vouchers for some products which brings the total down to 46.50. Do I now need to bump it up over 50 again- before I can use the Aldi/Lidl/Supervalu vouchers- or is it the original gross amount (of 62.50) that counts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Quick question- is the competitor voucher off the gross value of the shopping- before discounts and any Tesco vouchers that you might have- or is it after them........ E.g. I buy 62.50 Euro worth of shopping. I get 8 Euro off in multiple special offers (Bogoff etc) and then have Tesco vouchers for some products which brings the total down to 46.50. Do I now need to bump it up over 50 again- before I can use the Aldi/Lidl/Supervalu vouchers- or is it the original gross amount (of 62.50) that counts?

As far as I can tell from the few times I've done it, its the value after any BOGOF/3for2s are calculated. This seems to be the same they use for generating their own spits, I've had >100 brought down to <100 and got a 5c fuel spit.

E.g. I've had >60 quid brought down to just over 50 with 3for2s, then used Tesco vouchers to bring it under 50 but also an Aldi voucher then.]

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭crayon80

Do I now need to bump it up over 50 again- before I can use the Aldi/Lidl/Supervalu vouchers- or is it the original gross amount (of 62.50) that counts?

No you need to bring it back up over €50. It's the amount of cash they're looking for from you that counts. If you have other coupons give them AFTER the Lidl/Aldi one in case those bring it under €50 (....and please, if you do tell us what/where/how as they're in short supply these days! :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Quackster wrote: »

Thanks for all the replies and the vouchers were from SV posting something like 8 euro off 40 euro. I will show Other Half the replies here at least it might put an end to the cold shoulder for a short while anyway u.ntil I do something else wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Just back from Tesco ballincollig - got €52 worth of stuff. No problems with using €6 Tesco coupon (for 40+) on the self checkout machine, dropped the voucher into the slot, then called the guy over to get the €7 further off for my Supervalue voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is this happening anywhere in Galway does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sorry meant is Tesco in Galway accepting Aldi and Lidl €10 on €50 vouchers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thargor wrote: »
    Sorry meant is Tesco in Galway accepting Aldi and Lidl €10 on €50 vouchers?

Yes, all Tescos are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Just received by dunnes vouchers...can i use them in tesco ?? there are cash vouchers and some money off ones.

• Advertisement

tharmor wrote: »
    Just received by dunnes vouchers...can i use them in tesco ?? there are cash vouchers and some money off ones.

You can use the ones for 8 or 10 off when you spend 40 or 50 Euro (or the equivalent) in Tesco. You cannot use Dunnes specific vouchers for 20c off milk, 1 Euro off Avonmore soup- etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

tharmor wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93346953&postcount=313

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

This is great, we split our €120 shop in two and used the Lidl voucher for the first shop and the Aldi one for the second. €20 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

got three €8 off when you spend over €50 from tesco in the post yesterday....for the three weeks before Christmas. Also got 350 odd points for my €70 shop at the weekend (due to lots of extra points for things I buy regularly and a double points coupon and also a €6 off over €40), thats €3.50 of vouchers back that are worth €14 of pizza in milanos.

so for my €79 shop, which cost me €70, I get a free milanos pizza.

Gotta love the competition in the market at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There was a leaflet in my local Tesco today stating that they accept Dunnes, Supervalu, Aldi and Lidl vouchers. So other vouchers that people mention like M&S and Iceland etc are not being accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Hey,

are Tescos still accepting €20 Aldi vouchers, specifically Tescos in Clare Hall?

Thanks,

Branners

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

branners69 wrote: »
    Hey,

are Tescos still accepting €20 Aldi vouchers, specifically Tescos in Clare Hall?

Thanks,

Branners

yes
    already used one

know theres a thread somewhere for this but

dunnes giving 10 off your next 50 (20/100etc) by spending same
    in there today
    nice surprise to be getting that so close to xmas when you're doing a big shop anyway (can be used from 27/12 to 05/01)

• Advertisement

dont recall this being asked here and was wondering if anyone knows the answer?

this was asked on fb but unanswered also

Can we buy 100 e gift card with voucher for 80e then pay for shopping with gift card and use another 20e off voucher? Has anyone tried this ?

Advertisement