Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Paully D wrote: »
    If circumstances allow them to, I don’t know why people don’t do this more often.

I’ve started doing it over the last year and have had some great trips away for gigs with tickets, flights and shared accommodation with herself not costing me much more than what it would have cost for the ticket and petrol alone to Dublin gigs.

Ye me and the missus used to do it a lot and it’s an excuse to visit a new city. Harder to get away tho since we had kids

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Duffy98 wrote: »
    MCD are after putting up the trailer for Ricky Gervais's new Netflix show up on their facebook page so id say expect an announcement in the next week or two

I like his stand up but it unfortunately attracts a serious amount of morons when it's in the 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Exactly, I'm on the fence with Slane, no idea who Ghost and Bokassa are, and none of the bands above would sway me to buy tickets.

I'd say in the case of Ghost that's more your fault than the promoters, they are arguably one of the genres most revered bands over the past while making the front covers of publications and have headlined festivals elsewhere. No thought to maybe give them an ear even (research)...you might like them?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Basq wrote: »
    And that's one of the many reasons I often go to the UK for gigs..that plus superior venues IMO.

Hotels seem to be cheaper as well. I was at Smashing Pumpkins in London last October. Stayed in the Premier Inn right next to Wembley Arena for 2 nights for €150. I remember the night of Coldplay many of the hotels in Dublin were €200 plus for 1 night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

And that's one of the many reasons I often go to the UK for gigs..that plus superior venues IMO.

That plus the incessant talking, beer swilling and piss breaks at Irish gigs - it's just become impossible to find gigs where the crowd are into the music enough to shut up and listen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hotels seem to be cheaper as well. I was at Smashing Pumpkins in London last October. Stayed in the Premier Inn right next to Wembley Arena for 2 nights for €150. I remember the night of Coldplay many of the hotels in Dublin were €200 plus for 1 night.
    Indeed. There's a Premier Inn near Hammersmith Apollo ("Premier Inn Hammersmith" ironically) that is a perfect comfortable clean no-frills hotel stay. Stayed there a few times and it's never cost me more than £60 a night.

(if anyone does stay there, do bear in mind is that Ravenscourt Park station is slightly nearer to it on Tube than Hammersmith station).

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Indeed. There's a Premier Inn near Hammersmith Apollo ("Premier Inn Hammersmith" ironically) that is a perfect comfortable clean no-frills hotel stay. Stayed there a few times and it's never cost me more than £60 a night.

(if anyone does stay there, do bear in mind is that Ravenscourt Park station is slightly nearer to it on Tube than Hammersmith station).

I was thinking Premier Inn would be along the lines of the Travelodge but it was definitely a step or 2 above it. Lovely hotels, good locations and reasonable prices even when events are taking place nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

I remember a few years ago i went to see Roger Waters in Manchester and the price for flights , tickets and hotel was pretty much the same as the Dublin tickets alone :eek: . Think flights was €30 each and hotel was 40 sterling .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

That plus the incessant talking, beer swilling and piss breaks at Irish gigs - it's just become impossible to find gigs where the crowd are into the music enough to shut up and listen

And the tools with their phones out recording half the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

peteeeed wrote: »
    The equaliser
    Total recall ( remake)
    Eat pray love
    Hotel Transylvania
    That's my boy
    In a relationship

Added today

What... ????

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

laros wrote: »
    What... ????

The headliners for EP ??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The headliners for EP ??? ;)

The Netflix festival surely. Huge budget, big names.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Apologies , I'd like to say it's the first time I've done that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loving your work in the Netflix thread peteeeed so all is forgiven! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Black Keys back on the scene chances of them appearing at electric picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Black Keys back on the scene chances of them appearing at electric picnic?

They're playing woodstock (16th - 19th of August) but nothing else. It's doable, but unless they are planning a tour, I can't imagine the would come over for EP.

One of the best guitarists in the world.

John Mayer Oct 16th

3arena, tickets on sale fri from 74.50

Dido

Dec 1st

3arena from 49.50

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

One of the best guitarists in the world.

John Mayer Oct 16th

3arena, tickets on sale fri from 74.50

Will def try get tickets later on in the year for this (once he doesnt sell it out and i have money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Honestly, I've been to a lot of gigs in the UK over the last few years and as bad as gigs in Ireland are - it's a whole different breed of arsehole over there

• Advertisement

Will def try get tickets later on in the year for this (once he doesnt sell it out and i have money again.

I reckon this could be part of the Bluesfest which rarely sells out.

Thing is his last euro tour was a sell out. The demand to get tickets for the ziggo dome (amsterdam gig) were huge.

GF ended up buying viagogo tickets for me as a present when I couldn't get them.

Then he announced a 2nd date which also sold well.

I'll be getting tickets at the first opportunity.

But having seen him I can assure you the gig will be second to none.

I reckon this could be part of the Bluesfest which rarely sells out.

Thing is his last euro tour was a sell out. The demand to get tickets for the ziggo dome (amsterdam gig) were huge.

GF ended up buying viagogo tickets for me as a present when I couldn't get them.

Then he announced a 2nd date which also sold well.

I'll be getting tickets at the first opportunity.

But having seen him I can assure you the gig will be second to none.

I would have thought it would have been part of the Bluesfest too but the fact they didnt announce it under that header it wont.

Yea im worried since he has'nt played Ireland in years(or ever???) it will sell out quick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK
    The Olympia , Thursday 24th October

I would have thought it would have been part of the Bluesfest too but the fact they didnt announce it under that header it wont.

Yea im worried since he has'nt played Ireland in years(or ever???) it will sell out quick

The “Evening with John Mayer” concerts will feature two sets of music spanning his entire recording career. There will be no opening act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dido

Dec 1st

3arena from 49.50

Thats a bit ambitious to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Zardoz wrote: »

She was on Sunday Brunch yesterday (a C4 cooking program) and I didn't recognize her until she was introduced..sang live at the end ..voice was only ok I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zardoz wrote:

Easily 12k hunz will want to hear that song.

sweetie wrote: »
    Easily 12k hunz will want to hear that song.

I know her Olympia show is sold out but that still a big jump even for nostalgia. Id say the top tier will be curtained off

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eddie Vedder for Marley Park id say before his london gig

would love a 3arena gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eddie Vedder for Marley Park id say before his london gig

would love a 3arena gig

Id just love an Eddie Vedder gig 😂😂😂 the wait for the announcement is painful

Advertisement