Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Was there too, good number of seats unsold, standing fairly healthy alright but don't think sold out. Employing a gold circle in an arena didn't sit right with me quite frankly disgusting and general ad wasn't exactly cheap. No doubt show is all seated here so he can charge the privelege for the front rows.

Had a feeling at the gig if they couldn't sell out that one sole London show in a 12k venue they wouldn't get the business here that Billy desired, SP on the road and rocks up here on his own with tickets starting at nearly €70 could be a good gig but absolutely no thanks.

Agreed, if they can't sell out one night in London (one of only 2 European venues on that tour) after years away they'd hardly sell out here in a venue like the 3 Arena. Billy playing on a Sunday night in Dublin. I'm probably out for that one. Don't live in Dublin so would need time off work, hotel for the night etc.. Don't think I can justify it after heading over to London last October.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Double Post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Agreed, if they can't sell out one night in London (one of only 2 European venues on that tour) after years away they'd hardly sell out here in a venue like the 3 Arena. Billy playing on a Sunday night in Dublin. I'm probably out for that one. Don't live in Dublin so would need time off work, hotel for the night etc.. Don't think I can justify it after heading over to London last October.

Yeah exactly, 3 hours from Dublin meself. (Gig is actually a Wed though :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Seems to be no presale for Billy Corgan not even a link yet on Ticketmaster even though there's a link on their website very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Whitney playing the Academy on 1st December, on-sale Friday
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/whitney-dublin-01-12-2019/event/180056649C003599

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fontaines DC
    Vicar St
    Sat Dec 7th

Also on sale Friday
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/fontaines-dc-dublin-07-12-2019/event/18005641B12A8A03

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

maximoose wrote: »
    That's a long f*cking wait icon8.png

Was hoping they'd be playing a Dublin gig around the release of their album

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Billy Mays wrote: »
    That's a long f*cking wait icon8.png

Was hoping they'd be playing a Dublin gig around the release of their album

they are on tour with idles in america , playing all together now too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone know how much Hall and Oates tickets will be tomorrow and if they're likely to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone know how much Hall and Oates tickets will be tomorrow and if they're likely to sell out.

Between €50 and €80 was the price noted in the newspaper yesterday. It did cover both their gigs so will likely be one or the other.

• Advertisement

Metallica are touring with Slipknot in Australia any chance I wonder would they bring them to Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Metallica are touring with Slipknot in Australia any chance I wonder would they bring them to Slane?

Zero chance they've announced their full European dates some time ago. Playing Finland on that particular day anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Gonna stick a list of potential bands that are free on June 8th (May slightly also be my own person wishlist)

Gojira
    Carcass
    Dream theater
    Iced earth (although they currently have no upcoming gigs scheduled)
    Kreator (same as iced earth)
    Nightwish (same as above)
    Trivium
    My dying bride
    kamelot
    Opeth
    Municipal waste
    Sodom
    Anathema
    Paradise lost
    Alestorm
    Rob zombie
    King diamond
    Korn
    Vektor (long shot)
    Napalm death
    Ne obliviscaris
    Primus
    Warbringer

Irish acts:
    Cruachan
    Primordial (playing Belfast this week but no Dublin or date in the republic so I have a sneaking suspicious there on the bill)

I’ve left out any act that has a gig scheduled here, that played here in the last 6 months or is booked on that date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Only thing I'd say about that list above is to ask whether it would motivate enough people who don't already have a ticket to pick one up. Like, the issue facing a promoter if any show isn't selling is how much of a gamble adding to the bill is.

Adding one or two well known hard Rock or metal bands would go down well with the audience that is already going but does it convince many others to buy tickets? Its hard to know. It could be quite expensive to add one or two bands and it needs to be weighed up against the potential extra sales.

That said, I've no doubt there's one or two extra acts already booked, just not sure they'd necessarily be particularly big names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Only thing I'd say about that list above is to ask whether it would motivate enough people who don't already have a ticket to pick one up. Like, the issue facing a promoter if any show isn't selling is how much of a gamble adding to the bill is.

Adding one or two well known hard Rock or metal bands would go down well with the audience that is already going but does it convince many others to buy tickets? Its hard to know. It could be quite expensive to add one or two bands and it needs to be weighed up against the potential extra sales.

That said, I've no doubt there's one or two extra acts already booked, just not sure they'd necessarily be particularly big names.

My list was kinda on the assumption there is a couple of acts to be announced the likes of a primus would be expensive but would sway a different fanbase to the gigs others like carcass or more so primordial are if the promoters have more or less given up on making up many more sales and just go for something cheep promodial being irish based and carcass being from Liverpool and are playing download this summer anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Exactly, I'm on the fence with Slane, no idea who Ghost and Bokassa are, and none of the bands above would sway me to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Billy Corgans tickets in the Olympia are 72-78 euro .
    For his Glasgow gig in a smaller venue they are £27.50.
    Thats some Paddy tax MCD have applied .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Zardoz wrote: »

Jesus you’d prob get a ticket and a flight to Glasgow for cheaper than Dublin ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Zardoz wrote: »

Wow. Don't think I've ever seen tickets for an Olympia show selling at that price. Who does Billy think he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Wow. Don't think I've ever seen tickets for an Olympia show selling at that price. Who do MCD think they are?
    Fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Strange the way he’s doing a solo show here in the midst of a pumpkins Euro tour

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Even though the price is a rip off , people will still probably buy tickets. Part of me would love for it to sell really badly (for MCD's sake)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Strange the way he’s doing a solo show here in the midst of a pumpkins Euro tour

Maybe a solo gig the night before/after a Pumpkins Dublin date.

Makes sense to sell the Solo one first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

Don't think I've ever seen a price difference as bad as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's not just Glasgow that's cheaper.
    Grevenmacher €33, Hamburg €44, Paris €50, Utrecht €41.

Maybe Dublin will turn out to be a special, full production Smashing Pumpkins gig, sold under the guise of a solo gig, hence the higher price... wink.pngrolleyes.png

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Jesus you’d prob get a ticket and a flight to Glasgow for cheaper than Dublin ticket

If circumstances allow them to, I don’t know why people don’t do this more often.

I’ve started doing it over the last year and have had some great trips away for gigs with tickets, flights and shared accommodation with herself not costing me much more than what it would have cost for the ticket and petrol alone to Dublin gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That price difference is crazy even allowing for conversion from sterling. And not like sterling is in great place lately either. Would be interested to hear how MCD justify that, madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And that's one of the many reasons I often go to the UK for gigs..that plus superior venues IMO.

Even though the price is a rip off , people will still probably buy tickets. Part of me would love for it to sell really badly (for MCD's sake)

I got seat 14 up the front ive been a fan for years and it will be class. I agree that the price is extortionate but he will put on a good show. I reckon it will sell out by this evening going off the amount available. If your a fan you will pay it simple as. I agree that hes charging up the nose just for Ireland which is disgraceful but it may be a better gig than the rest considering its only seated who knows

• Advertisement

MCD are after putting up the trailer for Ricky Gervais's new Netflix show up on their facebook page so id say expect an announcement in the next week or two

Advertisement