Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake watch busters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Not commenting on that Daytona specifically, but I saw a scam with a vintage moon watch that looked similar. Credible source story, original paperwork and receipt, but when asked for a pic with the day's date, he could not produce.

Always worth a check for these kinds of things, irrespective of outright value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

hitemfrank wrote: »
    At least one of the pictures is definitely not of that watch.

Edit: removing the image I posted earlier.

The pictures are from this ebay listing - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333442641066

And the ones not in this ebay ad are likely taken from elsewhere.
    What's his game here if he has lifted the pictures from an ebay ad?? Surely someone is gonna want to see it before they buy it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

aaakev wrote: »
    What's his game here if he has lifted the pictures from an ebay ad?? Surely someone is gonna want to see it before they buy it?!

For that amount of money you would hope so.

Maybe hoping someone turns up with 13k in cash to mug them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I came here to post that ad, looks like the Fake Watch Busters are already on the case!

I've just reported it in any case. Clearly different models in the photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭893bet

Assume rest of adds are fake aswell. I threw some comments on them..

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

893bet wrote: »
    I threw some comments on them..

No need for that, it's already been flagged

Spocker wrote: »
    No need for that, it's already been flagged

A single add was flagged. Rarely does that follow through to other item review.

A single add was flagged. Rarely does that follow through to other item review.

Yeah, I know, but sometimes we do :) What I'm asking for is for folks to report any other ads instead, rather than chasing people around on their ads

That is fair enough.

Not as much fun tho ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

hitemfrank wrote: »
    For that amount of money you would hope so.

Maybe hoping someone turns up with 13k in cash to mug them?

That's the only thing I could think of too... anyone up for some vigilante justice?? Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

aaaaaand gone thank jebus

Homer wrote: »
    aaaaaand gone thank jebus

Pictures or it never happened.... :pac:

ODFkNGZlY2E5Yzc2ZDFiNDBjOTYxNWNiMDE0NWQ4OWEEE1WNPgk7HtPqjk4-3_XpaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZjI5NzliMGEyYzk1YWUwNTViMzRkOTBmNjg0MGIxMGUyZjgzN2YxZGRjOTBhZThjNDg3N2EyYzlkOGM5YzIzMy5qcGd8fHx8fHwyNTV4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Might not be fake but the pictures are screenshots from a withdrawn add from a different seller

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/vintage-longines-18kt-solid-gold-watch/18858193

And the ad they came from

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/longines-18k-solid-gold-ref-8192-2-date-big-size-box/15080440

bit strange to me

That's the same fella who sells repainted Indian watches

Have a look at his sold ads, a lot of cleared details

• Advertisement

I don’t trust lads who delete details from old adds in the slightest be it price or images.

Avoid.

I didnt realise that was him, i was hoping to do a deal for the watch and that johnny depp boxset he has for sale:pac:

funkyouup wrote: »
    I didnt realise that was him, i was hoping to do a deal for the watch and that johnny depp boxset he has for sale:pac:

Lolled at the description.

In excellent condition 3 Dvd Blu-Ray Johnny Depp. Charlie ant the chocolate factory, Sweeney Todd and the other one.

Might not be fake but the pictures are screenshots from a withdrawn add from a different seller

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/vintage-longines-18kt-solid-gold-watch/18858193

And the ad they came from

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/longines-18k-solid-gold-ref-8192-2-date-big-size-box/15080440

bit strange to me

I'll ask again, please don't chase people around on their ads, report them instead. I checked, it's the same watch

Pictures or it never happened !

MDZlN2I4ZjZlYTVhMTMwYjY4MGExOTUzNTQ0Nzg1M2OF2fykYijczlZSofPjyxCdaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNGVhMmY0YThmNjkxYmM1NWUyNGJiZDg4NTkxOGVjMDM5ODUyMzY1OGQ4MTU3NTkyZTYyYmQ5NWFkMjE0NWMzMS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTR4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    I'll ask again, please don't chase people around on their ads, report them instead. I checked, it's the same watch

i typed longines into the search box after asking him for better pictures and found that, no chasing lad, i was just doing my homework seen as adverts has alot of dodgy ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

i typed longines into the search box after asking him for better pictures and found that, no chasing lad, i was just doing my homework seen as adverts has alot of dodgy ads

Good lad, I will offer what a wise man once said to me :p
    Good job you are around to set everybody straight on everything watch related based upon a few posts on a thread on the internet.

Turnabout is fair play.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you can't post with being a sneering muppet best left in the schoolyard, don't post at all. That goes across the board. I've personally had enough of this crap and I'm not alone in that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

https://www.avenwatchesalike.co/replica-breitling-chronoliner-watch-y2431012-be10-453a-94.html?search=Breitling%20&description=true&category_id=17

Apart from it telling me it’s a fake how do you know it’s a fake???? I’m comparing it to my one which I know is an original and I can’t tell any difference.

adam88 wrote: »
    https://www.avenwatchesalike.co/replica-breitling-chronoliner-watch-y2431012-be10-453a-94.html?search=Breitling%20&description=true&category_id=17

Apart from it telling me it’s a fake how do you know it’s a fake???? I’m comparing it to my one which I know is an original and I can’t tell any difference.

I read before that alot of replicas use images of the real thing on the websites.

What is it with chronoliners and this forum lately. Not a sign of them and now 3 of them in threads in quick succession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Most watches have their telltale signs if you research them. Check out a forum like rwi.
    As for people using real images, if you use a trusted dealer website you'll be fine. You'll see images of the real model you'll be buying. After you buy you'll get images of the exact watch you're buying and if something if off you can tell them you want another. Obviously quality control isn't top level, so you might notice something off like an hour marker slightly crooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've no idea if that's a fake or not, but the fact they didn't put the pip to 12 really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

2shea wrote: »

He says it’s a replica. To be fair I wouldn’t be able to tell either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

He says it’s a replica. To be fair I wouldn’t be able to tell either way.

Regardless of whether he says it’s a replica they’re against adverts rules. Most of the time you are funding elements of criminality also. Nuked now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I reported that watch yesterday morning. Advert mods need to be a bit more alert even when working from home or there'll be no more C&H :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    I reported that watch yesterday morning. Advert mods need to be a bit more alert even when working from home or there'll be no more C&H :pac:

:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

"Brand New" Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 for €120

https://www.donedeal.ie/jewellery-for-sale/tag-heuer-watch-automatic/24512223?campaign=14

Same lad is selling Omega 'replicas' for €85
    Actually I mis-read the ad for the Tag, it is also listed as a replica...is he breaking some rule on DoneDeal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There always are fakes on DoneDeal. They must allow them (unlike adverts.ie)?

Or it's just a matter of hands off moderation on DoneDeal, they don't do anything or moderate anything unless someone reports the ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

What are people's thoughts on replicas? I ask only as someone very new to watches :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

This is it wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on replicas? I ask only as someone very new to watches :)

This is the wrong forum for thoughts on replicas, i don't think a single one of us will have a good thing to say about them.

This is it wrote: »

Fake watches for fake people.

• Advertisement

Fake watches for fake people.

Fake it till you make it

Holy fúck, look at this abomination.

https://www.donedeal.ie/jewellery-for-sale/rolex/24611635

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Rootsblower

Cienciano wrote: »

I can’t un-see this my eyes are burning.

Lolled at the “ I have seen the hands move but they have stopped moving, think the battery needs changed”!

Tis bad.

It's a terrible copy
    It's filthy
    It looks like it was left out on the M50 for a week.
    It doesn't actually work
    €50!
    €60 would get a half decent new one delivered to your door that looks 100 times better

uIsW12p.jpg

It's a terrible copy
    It's filthy
    It doesn't actually work
    €50!
    €60 would get a half decent new one delivered to your door that looks 100 times better

Sorry now, there is no such thing as a half decent one, all replicas are total muck and an embarrassment to those who purchase them. Never mind the funding of criminal activity etc.

• Advertisement

Sorry now, there is no such thing as a half decent one, all replicas are total muck and an embarrassment to those who purchase them. Never mind the funding of criminal activity etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

I think the fact that people who buy and wear fake watches are gimpers is a pretty universally held opinion. Totally unjustifiable under any circumstances. The fact they dont allow that **** on adverts says it all.

I think the fact that people who buy and wear fake watches are gimpers is a pretty universally held opinion. Totally unjustifiable under any circumstances. The fact they dont allow that **** on adverts says it all.

They're not allowed on adverts because it's illegal. Not everyone likes everything in the watch world, so your personal opinion is fine. Personally, I really dislike rolex's.

They're not allowed on adverts because it's illegal. Not everyone likes everything in the watch world, so your personal opinion is fine. Personally, I really dislike rolex's.

Do you like fake Rolex, do you like fake omega, fake patek, etc. Your the one recommending buying a replica rolex for 60 euro on the fake watch buster thread....come on man, this is ridiculous.

Fake watches of any kind are for wannabes. I dont care what watch you like or dislike honestly, posting recommendations for a fake is inexcusable. If that picture is your own fake on your own wrist you are beyond redemption.

It's a terrible copy
    It's filthy
    It doesn't actually work
    €50!

Mjpg[/IMG]

9-FF434-CB-B1-F5-4-BBD-8-C5-C-B21254-AFD81-B.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement