Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers including friends and family

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

blairbear wrote: »
    I do think she shares content that is really inappropriate at times. His insta stories also featured a "treasure hunt" that she wrote for him a couple of weeks ago. It referenced her knickers, what was underneath them and oral sex. I genuinely thought he had posted it by accident but it stayed up for the 24 hours.
    You are joking?!?

I don't follow Joanne anymore, but it is entirely unsurprising to hear she hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

You are joking?!?

I don't follow Joanne anymore, but it is entirely unsurprising to hear she hasn't changed.

Yeah, the treasure hunt line was "moving on to something else you lick when my frilly things come off at night". And the treasure hunt would end when he "checked inside my underwear". I feel like it was a cute joke between them but surely not something for the social media public to see!

Imagine your mammy seeing that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yeah, the treasure hunt line was "moving on to something else you lick when my frilly things come off at night". And the treasure hunt would end when he "checked inside my underwear". I feel like it was a cute joke between them but surely not something for the social media public to see!

Ah Jaysus is anything sacred. Morto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

She actually put that on social media? My god, absolutely no maturity, none at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

He's taken over her snap again he absolutely loves the limelight,, it comes across like he's using her for followers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I feel really sorry for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Cria wrote: »
    He's taken over her snap again he absolutely loves the limelight,, it comes across like he's using her for followers

Exactly. He has his own accounts no reason to be taking over hers other than using her following.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Ya he really irritates me was kinda not minding her snaps for a while but I have to flick through 99% of them now. On a side note I did like that wedding dress that's the kind of style I though so sue me would have gone for

I tapped through them all but he posted 129 snaps on her account.

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE.

On her insta, she gets really good interaction on the posts where she's wearing a lovely dress and is all glam. Her followers still want the fashion and the make up! Jesus, if Paul was my own boyfriend, I still wouldn't sit through 129 snaps of him talking about fitness and weight loss with no visual except his own face.

• Advertisement

On her insta, she gets really good interaction on the posts where she's wearing a lovely dress and is all glam. Her followers still want the fashion and the make up! Jesus, if Paul was my own boyfriend, I still wouldn't sit through 129 snaps of him talking about fitness and weight loss with no visual except his own face.

Has she no backbone. Tell him to get to feck and stop hogging her platform.
    Unless she doesn't care. Like let him blather away all he likes on his own account. Pure user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He hasn't seemed to put anything into this relationship

She moved country where she's pretty Unknown over in the UK
    He made it pretty clear she wouldn't be moving in with him when she moved over though he seems to spend all his time in her place
    She's clearly very insecure about her body/appearance but he's still encouraging her to enter into those body competitions, not something to encourage when someone clearly has hangups already
    He's uncomfortable with being showy or touchy feely which is fair enough but it's embarrassing for her
    He's completely piggybacking on her following

He does seem nice enough but there's something that makes me feel uneasy about the whole thing. None of it seems natural

I don't like him at all. He's one of those who pretends he doesn't know the camera is on him when he's trying to be funny or whatever. He knows well. Something about him I don't trust. She seems decent, there's goodness in her, she's just foolish at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

anna080 wrote: »
    Unless she doesn't care. Like let him blather away all he likes on his own account. Pure user

I think she just wants to show him off and let everyone know she has a boyfriend - as others have said, she's like a 16 year old with her first boyfriend.

He made it pretty clear she wouldn't be moving in with him when she moved over though he seems to spend all his time in her place

I agree, it all seems very one-sided. Like I'm sure he's fond of her but she's sacrificed a hell of a lot for him. She's in a foreign country and her family, friends, and most of her career are all back home.

I also feel Joanne is a vulnerable person. Beneath the Photoshop there are a lot of body image issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Re their ages, I've heard there is actually quite a bigger gap than a year between them

allym wrote: »
    Exactly. He has his own accounts no reason to be taking over hers other than using her following.

He doesn't half go on if people that follow her want to see him go on and on about fitness then they would follow him why does he need to use her platform her followers know his usernames by now she promotes him enough ... if any of her followers don't follow him it's because they're not interested so why would she put up over 30 minutes of him going on and on .. he's so self indulgent

Omg 129 snaps of him talking directly to the camera and did he not say something at the start about not rambling lol

She seems obsessed with him I'd say he can do what he likes there not together a year and she's sending wedding dress pics to him and taking photos of baby clothes I have underwear longer than that relationship he's pure using her for his own gain..

She's clearly very insecure about her body/appearance but he's still encouraging her to enter into those body competitions, not something to encourage when someone clearly has hangups already
    He's uncomfortable with being showy or touchy feely which is fair enough but it's embarrassing for her
    He's completely piggybacking on her following

He does seem nice enough but there's something that makes me feel uneasy about the whole thing. None of it seems natural

Yea imagine that she moved all the way over to another country to live in a room that's smaller than the one she lived in at her mothers ,, she's a tiny fish in a big pond of bloggers over there ,, she made all the adjustments and he doesn't even let her move in with him ... totally using the poor girl

Ray37 wrote: »
    Re their ages, I've heard there is actually quite a bigger gap than a year between them

I think there's a much bigger gap between them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Jaysis lads I understand being besotted with a partner, I know I am at the moment! But Joanne is making some fool of herself and it's so sad to witness. She's built up a very impressive business and career and if she messes it up for the sake of a man... it'll be so disheartening. As someone else in the thread said, what happened to "girl boss" eh?

I had no idea they weren't living together. I assumed they were. So he asked her to move over but not even in with him? Is she on her own?! That's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I think there's a much bigger gap between them

How long is the age gap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I had no idea they weren't living together. I assumed they were. So he asked her to move over but not even in with him? Is she on her own?! That's awful.

Yeah I think she rents a room? It's like this tiny single room with an en suite. Theres an upstairs too but I don't think she ever shows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Yeah I think she rents a room? It's like this tiny single room with an en suite. Theres an upstairs too but I don't think she ever shows it.

Sounds like a sad existence

He doesn't have to live with her if he doesn't want to but why even ask her to uproot herself? Am I right in thinking she never lived away from home and used to live with her mam? So her first place is in a different country alone in a box room while her bf is only down the road. That's just cruel. Like he has her close but not too close. Sounds controlling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

anna080 wrote:
    He doesn't have to live with her if he doesn't want to but why even ask her to uproot herself? Am I right in thinking she never lived away from home and used to live with her mam? So her first place is in a different country alone in a box room while her bf is only down the road. That's just cruel.

I remember her showing some fab apartment in London on her page when she moved. I assumed she was living in that. It was lovely and modern and really stylish. I'm not sure though...maybe I picked it up wrong as I'm not on Snapchat any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

He doesn't have to live with her if he doesn't want to but why even ask her to uproot herself? Am I right in thinking she never lived away from home and used to live with her mam? So her first place is in a different country alone in a box room while her bf is only down the road. That's just cruel. Like he has her close but not too close. Sounds controlling to me.
    I think she used to live away from home but I recall many years ago she moved home to try and save for a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

laylag wrote: »
    I remember her showing some fab apartment in London on her page when she moved. I assumed she was living in that. It was lovely and modern and really stylish. I'm not sure though...maybe I picked it up wrong as I'm not on Snapchat any more.

Yeah that's where she's living. It's a lovely little house, think it's about an hour from London? She hasn't said that it's a house-share, but she never shows the upstairs, and she's got two fridges in the kitchen...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

How long is the age gap?

She's at least 33/34. She hides it and in interviews last year was claiming to be 28 & 29 (at least choose one!!) but I added up from her bio yesterday (and then deleted the post because it felt a bit mean). She has put a timeline of what she's done since school that means she has to be that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Is this from the 'about' page on her website? It seems a big vague to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Her Dob is 08/01/87 from the CRO

I would doubt she would lie about her age on that site as it is the company registration site and they are legal documents

I thought people were referring that he was younger, as I maybe 25

sunbeam wrote: »
    Is this from the 'about' page on her website? It seems a big vague to me.

No it's from this-
    https://www.joannelarby.com/lifestyle/hate-word-influencer/

In particular these parts -
    'For those of you unfamiliar with my story, I went to school followed by art college.
    Thereafter I worked as a make up artist for four years
    Thereafter, I studied child psychology and special needs
    I worked as teacher for three years
    I began blogging, I worked 7 days per week for 2 years
    I held a launch party'. In 2012.

In other interviews she also says she studied to become a make up artist after art college, she also must have qualified as a montessori teacher though that's left out too, so how has she done 15/16 years of work since she was 18 and is still only 30? Wish I had that ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

That's the worst written bio I think I've ever read

In defence of the age issue, I believe she was a teaching assistant in a Montessori. She had no formal teaching qualifications, maybe a childcare diploma or similar.

She is deliberately vague on these details.

Also I can't see how living in an en suite in a shared house in London is a "sad existence" as one poster put it. Rent is mental there! She has a nicer place than most in London (or Dublin). It's the sacrifice you make when living in an expensive city.

I think not living with Paul was a very wise decision. She needs to maintain a bit of independence from him.

• Advertisement

In defence of the age issue, I believe she was a teaching assistant in a Montessori. She had no formal teaching qualifications, maybe a childcare diploma or similar.

I said in my post that she leaves that part of her studies out. I wonder is the childcare diploma what she refers to as "child psychology studies".
    If she was a teaching assistant then to refer to herself as a teacher is a bit sad and I mean that in the "poor thing" way. She must have some severe self image issues when she's going to such extremes to lie about her past.

I think not living with Paul was a very wise decision. She needs to maintain a bit of independence from him.

I would highly doubt she chose not to live with Paul, someone who sends wedding dress snaps and is as clearly obsessed as she is would jump at the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She is deliberately vague on these details.

Also I can't see how living in an en suite in a shared house in London is a "sad existence" as one poster put it. Rent is mental there! She has a nicer place than most in London (or Dublin). It's the sacrifice you make when living in an expensive city.

I think it was called a sad existence because when she first moved she hinted she actually owned the house, then she denied its a house share even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with house sharing. She insisted she lives alone even though she clearly doesn't.

I think it's a bit sad that she's left all her family and friends and made all these sacrifices, she seems to have way fewer opportunities since moving over there so far at least and she's also lying about her living arrangements. He doesn't seem to have sacrificed much at all.

Also don't believe for a minute that he moved to a gym in London due to 'high client demand'.
    They always seem to be together and off on holidays so he must spend hardly any time in work and I would guess his last gym got sick of it. She also used to attend the gym he worked in and doesn't any more so I would say definitely bad blood there.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Sorry, I started this thread and then didn't post again!

It was MUF and also FacesByGrace that led me to start this. MUF has been well covered but I'm surprised that Grace hasn't been mentioned. Her Snapchat feels more like a daily diary of her daughter's life than anything else. She was at a wedding abroad last week with friends and I saw more of these friends that I'd never seen before than anything blog related. There was one particular video of the baby with her Dad that felt really intrusive to watch. I've seen more of her baby than I have of most of my own friends' children!

I totally understand that a good blog has a personal side and it's nice to see some of it but with some bloggers it feels like all personal and no content.

stop following them, in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    stop following them, in that case.

Stop reading the thread if you don't like other people's opinions, in that case.

She rents a small room with an en suite I thought at first they were going to rent together but she's on her own and he rents somewhere else it's so obvious she wants to settle down asap
    And he's keeping her at arms length I do feel sorry for her but uprooting your life for someone you know less than a year seems a little bit odd

• Advertisement

How long is the age gap?

I think she's older than she actually says and I thought he was in his mid 20's maybe not he comes across much younger

She's at least 33/34. She hides it and in interviews last year was claiming to be 28 & 29 (at least choose one!!) but I added up from her bio yesterday (and then deleted the post because it felt a bit mean). She has put a timeline of what she's done since school that means she has to be that age.

I'm following her years I agree about the age it's hard to believe her though as she
    Tends not to come clean on a lot of things like claiming she's naturally dark and clearly from the start she was nowhere near the colour she is now .. ... then she never admitted to getting lip fillers for a long time so it's no surprise she's claiming to be younger

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Stop reading the thread if you don't like other people's opinions, in that case.

Why do people comment on posts they don't like saying don't follow the person the irony lol

I think she's older than she actually says and I thought he was in his mid 20's maybe not he comes across much younger

He's definitely 29 there was billions of snaps and instagram posts about his birthday not too long ago

*maybe it just felt like billions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why do people comment on posts they don't like saying don't follow the person the irony lol
    He was pointing out a solution to the complaining, he never said he didn't like the post. :confused:

I'm not even sure who the person is. And can't quite figure out why people care so much about somebody's else's personal life. To each their own I guess.

I can't quite figure out why people get so invested in football. Or the Mc Gregor fights. Or watch tv shows that I hate. But I let them off and don't comment on it online.

Plenty of us enjoy certain aspects of these different bloggers' content. We don't want to unfollow them. There were a few who I followed and ended up cringeing every time I watched them, so I removed those from every social media platform.

I don't feel in the slightest bit invested in Joanne's life. I'm interested in it though. Snapchat and instagram are like the ultimate reality tv show or outlet. Whatever used to draw people to the likes of Big Brother back in the early noughties (when it was somewhat authentic), now draws others to this.

Gals I wouldn't even bother justifying or defending ourselves to a weirdo who just wants a pop. Ignore.

Mellor wrote: »
    He was pointing out a solution to the complaining, he never said he didn't like the post. :confused:

I'm not even sure who the person is. And can't quite figure out why people care so much about somebody's else's personal life. To each their own I guess.

Was he asked for a solution?
    I don't think he was.... I don't think anyone was asked for a solution or anyone was complaining.

It's a conversation. About bloggers.

Maybe I'll wander into the soccer forums and tell them all "stop watching it if you don't like it" and see what happens :D

Actually mods is there anyway we can have what the soccer forums have where everyone can read the posts but you have to be approved to post in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Heard he is only 25 and she's 32....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Ray37 wrote: »
    Heard he is only 25 and she's 32....

He looks really young! If she's said he's 29 I'd believe her but he has such a baby face

• Advertisement
Advertisement