Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    James Harden got 50 pts 11 ast and 10 reb against the Lakers last night.

I'm watching it here now, recorded it on skysports mix last night. First game I've seen for a long time. Why so many empty seats for Lakers v Rockets game. Also, are James Harden and Childish Gambino the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wizards - Memphis - Suns trade falls apart because some people don’t know the difference between between Marshon and Dillon Brooks. Ariza and Oubre also involved.

Suns trade Ariza to the Wizards for Oubre AND Rivers. Talk about overpaying....for a guy you already had but let go and is way older than the two guys you let go. And Ariza is a free agent in June. :rolleyes:

I know they couldn't afford to keep Oubre long term but why let him go like that? Bonkers trade. It's so dumb on so many levels I don't know where to start.

A good read. He was criticised heavily on a couple of pods for these comments over the weekend too....and rightly so.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/12/14/lakers-lebron-james-kentavious-caldwell-pope-trade-rumors

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Sixers v Cavs is a great game right now

• Advertisement

Derrick Jones Jr. with another Play of the Night putback in traffic dunk. I know he disappointed when he was in the Dunk Contest but he can leap. His dunk v the Hornets earlier this year is up there for me as dunk of the year so far and he had some crazy dunks in Summer League too.

Was going to mention this yesterday but didn’t.....2 nights ago the Nets had 8 players in double figures (and another with 8pts). That’s pretty rare. The record is 10 and it’s only happened 6 times. Last night the Wolves has 9 players in double figures and another on 9! Strange these were on consecutive nights. The 10 players in double figures was mentioned in open floor as a challenge to the warriors when they off to the flying start they are on before Curry got injured and brought them back to earth.

Also the LeBron and Lonzo teammate triple double was impressive in fairness. Another rare stat line (6th in history). In fairness to Lonzo he looks like he put a lot of work in at the gym this year. He’s ripped.

Oh yeah, and Phoenix waive Austin Rivers. Smart move. The press release is hilarious btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Oh yeah, and Phoenix waive Austin Rivers. Smart move. The press release is hilarious btw.

Bloody hell Butters, I'm sure you're devastated, inconsolable, etc. Hope the coming days brings you some solace. 😀

rushfan wrote: »
    Bloody hell Butters, I'm sure you're devastated, inconsolable, etc. Hope the coming days brings you some solace. ��

Having Austin traded once this year was bad enough; now this, and with more to come? Why do the Gods mock me like this? :pac: At least I have his Clippers tribute video to console me.

To think that guy gets over 12m a year. He should have been out of the league years ago. A complete joke. There’s many better pros playing in China - unfortunately for them none of them have a dad who’s a head coach in the NBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Suns won 3 in a row for the first time in 651 days. If they beat Boston next then it's they're first 4 in a row since March 2015.

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Suns won 3 in a row for the first time in 651 days. If they beat Boston next then it's they're first 4 in a row since March 2015.

They'd have won 60+ in a row had they kept Rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The absolute state of this attempt by Gallinari, probably injured himself in the process

https://twitter.com/nobaseballpod/status/1074905829088718848

The absolute state of this attempt by Gallinari, probably injured himself in the process

https://twitter.com/nobaseballpod/status/1074905829088718848

That's bad, but in fairness he's been playing really well this year.

That's bad, but in fairness he's been playing really well this year.

Can only mean that the innocuous injury that turns out to be season-ending can't be far away now.

Can only mean that the innocuous injury that turns out to be season-ending can't be far away now.

He hasn't punched anyone in a while in fairness....:pac::pac::pac:

He hasn't punched anyone in a while in fairness....:pac::pac::pac:

To be fair, that injury was only to prevent himself from starting the season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Couldn't stop laughing when Gallo did that last night, on the next possession he tried to buy a 3pt foul and had another turnover too, almost singlehandedly threw the game.

Couldn't stop laughing when Gallo did that last night, on the next possession he tried to buy a 3pt foul and had another turnover too, almost singlehandedly threw the game.

He had a dunk in the Top 10 plays too.

He’ll likely be making a Shaqtin appearance this week.

It was really bizarre, they kept going to him in the last couple minutes in a tied game despite Harris having his career high game and barely missing a shot.

• Advertisement

It was really bizarre, they kept going to him in the last couple minutes in a tied game despite Harris having his career high game and barely missing a shot.

Well they did trade The GOAT Rivers so someone had to be clutch.

My favourite line from this:

The sides agreed that Rivers, who arrived in a trade with the Washington Wizards over the weekend, fits better with a more veteran team that's pursuing the playoffs, sources said.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Basically "F Off will ya".

Look at this Harden move from the other night, I know his step back is pretty contested as to whether or not it's a travel but this one blatantly is. It wasn't called, and better yet it was called as a foul on Rubio and Harden got 3 FTs, this was in the final minutes of a tied game.

giphy.gif

Look at this Harden move from the other night, I know his step back is pretty contested as to whether or not it's a travel but this one blatantly is. It wasn't called, and better yet it was called as a foul on Rubio and Harden got 3 FTs, this was in the final minutes of a tied game.

giphy.gif

That's a travel.

The foul is a BS call but he's the master at manipulating the rules as they currently stand. I do think they need to review this type of contact but the league has erring on the side of the offence whenever there's a doubt in recent years. I did listen to something recently on I think Dunc'ed On where they were talking about Harden and his ability to get calls. He's playing the rules but he must be incredibly frustrating to play against.

I think it's B'Ball Breakdown from memory did a video analysis of Harden's step back with Ronnie Nunn last year. The difference between a travel and a non-travel was hard to tell in real time under the current interpretation as it's deemed when he has control of the ball - which is open to interpretation - and that's part of the problem with it.

I did all the refereeing exams up to Grade 1. Granted that was a long time ago and the game has changed but I can't see how they'd miss that one in particular.

All that said, I have a much bigger problem with the incredibly obvious open court in transit no dribble 3 step travels into dunks that one LeBron James NEVER gets called for. Complete superstar call. He's not the only one getting away with this, but he's by far the most obvious and blatant.

That's a travel.

The foul is a BS call but he's the master at manipulating the rules as they currently stand. I do think they need to review this type of contact but the league has erring on the side of the offence whenever there's a doubt in recent years. I did listen to something recently on I think Dunc'ed On where they were talking about Harden and his ability to get calls. He's playing the rules but he must be incredibly frustrating to play against.

I think it's B'Ball Breakdown from memory did a video analysis of Harden's step back with Ronnie Nunn last year. The difference between a travel and a non-travel was hard to tell in real time under the current interpretation as it's deemed when he has control of the ball - which is open to interpretation - and that's part of the problem with it.

I did all the refereeing exams up to Grade 1. Granted that was a long time ago and the game has changed but I can't see how they'd miss that one in particular.

All that said, I have a much bigger problem with the incredibly obvious open court in transit no dribble 3 step travels into dunks that one LeBron James NEVER gets called for. Complete superstar call. He's not the only one getting away with this, but he's by far the most obvious and blatant.

Referees association admit they missed it. https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/status/1075073263922020352

Referees association admit they missed it. https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/status/1075073263922020352

I said it was a travel!

The refs though have to watch for so much on a play like that, esp. contact with the shooter so I can understand how something like that is missed. I'm not excusing it btw - I think that one is pretty obvious.

But I repeat what I said about the far bigger crime of blatant open court 3 steps no dribble travel dunks by one player in particular. Whatever about a guy going sideways in a contested shot situation there's no way they can't possibly see a guy going in a straight line for an uncontested play. And he's not the only one. LeBron is also guilty of travelling a lot BEFORE he takes a dribble - esp. at pace, watch for it. And again he's never called for it.

There's loads of LeTravel clips on YouTube, some of them are hilarious.

The only travel they call anymore is when a center slides his pivot foot by 1cm.

Some of the posts on Rivers on Woj’s Twitter feed are hilarious. He has to be the most despised player in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

a bit more obvious travel :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement